Writing Prompt Spin the Generic Isekai Story with your personal Style

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
And so the protagonist *insert name here* died tragically to a car crash, specifically because he was trying to save someone from a speeding truck. The Goddess of *insert something here* pitied the protagonist and so decided to have him reincarnated into another seemingly generic isekai world, with special power called *insert cheat here*. He was supposed to retain his memory, have huge harems, lived a carefree, happy life—

However, little to the Goddess' knowledge, this world was governed by a supreme entity called *insert your author's name here*, and the Author was waiting for some poor soul to come to his world to kick-start the plot.

The prompt is, how would the plot diverge from the generic one? What's the breaking down of the tropes?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
The protagonist doesn't understand a single word from the aliens, becomes paranoid and uses his power to become a hermit. The world doesn't get saved, and the protagonist only uses his power to save himself. This is a story about a paranoid man watching a world he doesn't know or care about burn to the ground, even when he had the power to stop it.

if i write an isekai, it'd probably a dream-like world, since i couldn't give a damn about being consistent.

if i couldn't write everything based on mood, i wouldn't write it in the first place.

Himekawa

And so the protagonist *insert name here* died tragically to a car crash, specifically because he was trying to save someone from a speeding truck. The Goddess of *insert something here* pitied the protagonist and so decided to have him reincarnated into another seemingly generic isekai world, with special power called *insert cheat here*. He was supposed to retain his memory, have huge harems, lived a carefree, happy life—

However, little to the Goddess' knowledge, this world was governed by a supreme entity called *insert your author's name here*, and the Author was waiting for some poor soul to come to his world to kick-start the plot.

The prompt is, how would the plot diverge from the generic one? What's the breaking down of the tropes?
the world he is isekai'd to is ruled by children card game. All his cheats like super strength, hidden charm doesn't work against the duelist in that world, and he is labelled as anarchist for using violence for that conflict. That level up system is no good since there is nothing that governed luck, and he is banned from card shop for that anarchism, thus he had to scrounge up discarded cards and make a deck from that.

Owl

Nervous writer
The mc really doesn't like standing out so he uses his best friend and his cheats to act as if the best friend is the hero while comfortably staying in the background. Hardly anyone ever finds out because the mc is way too good at acting stupid. He throws his harem, the noble titles, the super items, everything at his best friend (and blackmails the mysterious pets that if they want to stay around, they'll have to act like the best friend is their master or he will have to throw them to the other end of the country) :blob_whistle_two:

atgongumerki

the reincarnated person is too busy trying to stay alive to ever come to the realisation that they were not just dumped in some random forest but instead were transformed into another existence

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I actually got my own novel. Though its not posted here as its on my Wattpad.

It starts out that my protag is just a lost soul in an unknown world as he decided to get a job as a healer. He is already strong as he had skills in his past life and isn't purely pacifist. The plot revolves around his look(more beautiful than a girl) and most seen as a goddess which causes him to cause trouble. I could talk more about it but it may cause a spoiler.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
You don't need to divert at all. The generic basic plot isn't the problem. The problem the majority of isekai writers are not good authors. It is as simple as that. :blob_evil_two: I just want a good isekai, but can't find any.

Rainbow_Flavour

First of all, I'll remove the protagonist's memories of- and personality from- their previous life.

Then, the protagonist's cheat is being reborn as the most genetically powerful humanoid possible, through natural means, in the world.

Finally, the story will be about my protagonist looking for answers on the mysteries of the world, and discovering its wonders in the process.
There will be a'lot of struggling to survive in hostile environments, probably some discrimination due to the protagonist being a hybrid, some fleshed out villains, and the process of how my protagonist becomes powerful.

Jemini

I don't have to hypothesise about this writing prompt, I already wrote it a year ago and am still in the process of writing it right now, and I put a huge spin on almost every single aspect of it.

First, the protagonist didn't die from jumping in front of the vehicle to save the would-be previous victim. The protagonist practically caused his grandaughter to be nearly killed by allowing her to ride in the front seat of his car, which crashed, and the grandaughter's neck got snapped by the airbag. (yes, that's another twist, the protagonist was an old man in the previous life.)

The goddess offered the protagonist a deal where they would take all his vitality in order to heal his grandaughter. In exchange, he has to use a special power he was unaware that HE ALREADY HAD which allows him to open the border between worlds. The goddess made this deal with him because she wanted to escape from Earth.

The reborn protagonist's power is that people from Earth have stronger spirit energy than the locals due to how much magic is actively suppressed on Earth (superman logic) as well as the fact he finds it a lot easier to use that power he had used to get here in the first place, and it has all kinds of wild effects.

(so, he isekaied himself at the goddess' prompting, and took the goddess with him as part of the deal.)

Last edited:

Azrie

Redemption Seeker
Well, you said to add a personal touch. So I suppose I will turn it into first-person story. I won't build a whole world, but I find it fun to write one chapter or so of a prompt. So here it is: Highly likely to be unreadable, ALSO likely to be boring.

«Azrie, goddess of ???»
Aah, everything is so boring nowadays. The peasants are peasants, the kings are kings, the demon lord continues to be the demon lord. Wouldn't it be fun to mess things up? No, what I am saying. The poor mortals pledge to me - they worship me. I can't really mess things up as their kind god. Ah, so annoying.

It's annoying, everything is annoying. Having responsibilities. I didn't sign up for this! Well, not like I ever got to chose, it sort of just happened. I don't know how to feel about it though. I mean, I am god, but I still have a body because: reasons. Shouldn't a god be more... be less attached to the physical world? Not me at least. No choice but to stay inside this tower. That's my sole responsibility unless I am freed I am supposed to stay here. I don't have to eat.

I can't even leave my room... How sad.
The guidelines say it all. Gods can't leave their room on their own volition. Stupid rules...

I just have to watch over the world. That's all I had to do - and make sure it didn't destroy itself - simple things really. But it was boring really. If a wicked mage tried to summon an ancient being all it took was desiring it and suddenly he'd have a heart attack or something. Boring. Think Azrie! You need something, something more... Entertaining! Something to waste your time.

I sighed as I looked out of the window. Overseeing a kingdom. I wasn't a princess or anything - but simply put. I was the goddess of the kingdom. Or rather, I didn't represent a single kingdom. I simply chose the kingdom of Myam because it has nice views. Towering-towers - ha I am a real comedian - towers that pierced the clouds, way taller than mine in which sages studied their craft. The entire kingdom looked almost as if it was sculpted out of sandstone. With patterns carved everywhere, open airflow windows and cobblestone streets.

To make it better, it had view to the Great Ocean of Canogias. An Ocean that covers thirty-percent of the world, said to be inhabited by the fearsome monster. Although it was pristine and beautiful, I did know that the monster was long dead, but that didn't stop the people from fearing it or being prejudiced/religious about it.

I sighed as I took a seat and admired my well-furnished room. When you spend years in a single room you are bound to become insane. Eventually I started to get a lot into room design and took this trend from another world called "minimalism"? No, no. That wasn't it. Was it "modernism"? I have no idea to be hoenst, I didn't pay much attention to other gods and their worlds. But this one was pretty interesting, with advanced technology and no magic. Technology kind of sounded fun. All I got to replicate was the weird furniture.

Everything was so blocky, it kind of gave it a clean aesthetic with the snow-white walls and the dark wood furnishings. So I guess I at least had a "clean" room, haha. God, I was seriously bored.

"What is going on in other worlds even?"
My world was pretty boring to take care of. Mostly because whenever there was a war, it would need to be stopped. Seriously, stupid mages making breakthroughs in magic! Yes just what I needed, why not add a fifth inscription to the rotator... Of course, that stupid mage!

Imagine discovering a power that closes to one of a smite of god... Ha... watching a nation blow itself to smithereens was fun, but unfortunately, I had to stop it whenever it was about to happen because that wouldn't be nice. Forbidden magic is forbidden for a reason. It's not like it's amoral, or immoral, it simply costs the world too much. Imagine if everyone could just wipe a continent with a one minute chant. Sure you get to play god for ten minutes before you get rid of the ten continents.

Stupid people.

I sighed as I peered into my world atlas. The only thing I couldn't really change, it was a big cube at the center of the room. Seemingly made out of some pearlescent glass. It was like a fortune teller's crystal ball but a lot weirder... How to put it? Actually it's impossible to explain, I suppose you could say it was a type of screen - I believe that's what they were referred as in the world called Earth.

I decided to look at the world of "Earth" every single god could look at each other's world. Unfortunately, mine wasn't so popular, it used to be popular a few eras ago. But as I put it - it got boring after the stupid mage discovered continental magic.

Earth how to put it... Was very squared, a lot of things arranged in lines and grids. Houses were pretty cubed too. No need for the spherical rooftops like we had. I suppose it was an architectural choice. But, they had technology, apparently, earth people fantasized about reincarnation all the time - which was a natural process for all souls, although it normally wiped memories, among other things.

We believed that every soul needs to experience all worlds. Although truthfully speaking - experiencing all of them would probably take a forever.

I decided to take a closer look at a random country, at a random person. Nothing better than watching someone live their life in another world. It might sound boring, but since you basically don't know anything about their culture, sometimes it's funny to watch them pray to a cross, or to watch them get upset about someone eating meat. How dumb. But it was fun to watch, also kind of relatable to know that people were stupid in all worlds and not just mine...

God, I wish I could kill that mage again! Sending my world into eternal boredom!

I started following a person, a young man probably just reached adulthood at his 16 years of age. He was wearing some weird attire, a clean looking shirt, and something that dangled from his neck. I believe they were called ties. Also, some polished leather footwear and em... were they called pants? I forgot.

He was waiting on a paved street with white markings on the ground. A neat red light dangled above him, of course, he was too busy looking at that thing called "smartphone". He took a step forward as he crossed the red light. I mean, I think red was safe and green was unsafe, kind of sounded counterproductive. I mean, red is the color of blood, so if it's red doesn't mean you die?

I heard a horrible screeching sound come from my cube. Something came around the corner - a big metal cube with glass windows in front and a person sitting behind it. Wheels pushing the huge metal monster. It was emitting some type of alarm sound. The man looked with surprise before finally-

Crash!

Aah... Tame bloodshed. How long has it been since I saw it?
A crimson red feast shimmering under the sun for my eyes to feast. How beautiful. How sad though, the young man was kind of good looking. Unfortunate... Wait... What day is it? I looked at the corner of my atlas, it read:

Day 39999, of the Nox Calendar - switching to Urs Calendar in 30 seconds.

The countdown had started. Gulp. Every calendar switch meant a world reincarnation order. I had forgotten, because well... They switch every forty thousand days. Even an immortal being would find that time too long to actually constantly remember. On the other hand, it was a pain because the reincarnation process would become halted for a few hours for the gods to set up their things again. It was like a well-oiled machine. So we had to get it running before it started again.

Oh yeah, doesn't that mean that the kingdom's ceremony for summoning a hero is becoming halted again? They summon a hero every 10 years or so to kill the demon lord. Albeit the demon lord is also summoned so it's a never-ending cycle. Huh... What are the odds of that being delayed? Also sounds kind of fun to watch, I will keep that in mind.

[Your world has been assigned a new chain. Earth - Terra - Proa]

"Ooh!" I gasped. I was starstruck. What were the odds? I got to supervise the reincarnation process for nothing less than earth! Proa was... a weird world. It mostly had animal species and no actual human species. It did have human mixes though, such as cat-human, or leopard-human. It was kind of weird but I had to admit cat-girls were pretty cute.

But ignoring that. I got to reincarnate people from Earth!

[Reincarnation cycle restarting in 7,59,59...]

Ah right. I had to get that stored out. Everything was managed from the atlas. It showed me some text.

Do you wish to run things as previously? Of course, I wanted to do so!

Everything was kept as it used to be. Nothing new... Well, I don't know what I expected. I suppose I could check the reincarnation process on that person that got killed. I mean, I could fulfill one of his wishes. For giving me such a feast for my eyes. Gore was a rare treat for me. I wasn't a sadist or a freak, but it was simply one of the few forms of entertainment for me. So as a thank you.

I stretched my hand and peered into his soul. With the special goddess powers that I rarely used. With this ability, I could hear the souls of the damned. And so I listened.

Whaa... Why did that truck have to come like that! It was clearly in red! Well... red means blood... Ah no matter. I am dead, and I don't even know how to react. Why am I even still conscious? Is this where a goddess speaks to me and tells me I am not done yet as people say in books? Eh? I mean... I will keep listening. He needs to wish for something... An adventure would be nice, a peculiar and fun adventure. Although I still don't know how to feel about things, everything happened so fast...

Bingo!

I quickly went to work and set everything to keep his memory and etcetera. Then he forcefully got summoned into the hall of the great kingdom of Myam. Did he want an interesting adventure? Why not rescue the trapped princess in the World Tower. She constantly awaits her hero. I can't leave my room on my own, but who said no one could get me out?

Let us go on a nice and peculiarly fun adventure my little hero~ I, Azrie the goddess of Chaos shall wait.

Himekawa

You don't need to divert at all. The generic basic plot isn't the problem. The problem the majority of isekai writers are not good authors. It is as simple as that. :blob_evil_two: I just want a good isekai, but can't find any.
How about the early isekai? Digimon, rayearth, alice in wonderland?

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
They get reincarnated. They studied nuclear physics previously. They decide to create a magical nuke and proceed to use this one ability to eliminate anything and anyone that stands against them.

DekuKurohi

What would a combination of ZUN and Nasu be like?
He’s taken to a world ravaged by a being create through some ritual, he wanted to stop it but the people of that world don’t think it’ll be enough, but think he have potential to save humanity. He’s experimented on, with his soul greatly tampered with by those who claim to be on the same side, his identity and individuality started to fade away due to the ritual done to him to turn him into the Hero with sole purpose of stopping this threat, even worse the effect of the ritual persist even after he died and when he reborn all purpose he will ever have is to be the Hero with no chance of having any desire of his own, and left in a perpetual cycle for who knows how long with no hope in sight, and without him even having any idea.

No this is totally not something in a story I wrote/planned already.