Implemented Spoiler in comments

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
I would really like the option to add spoilers to comments. It makes it hard to communicate with readers when I can't hide spoilers.

It also would be nice to be able to mark user comments as spoilers too.
This cat likes that idea. :unsure::unsure:

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
Also the ability to put spoilers in spoilers/other things in chapter. If I have an author note, spoilers and other similar things don't work inside it :blob_hmph:

Tony

Staff member
I would really like the option to add spoilers to comments. It makes it hard to communicate with readers when I can't hide spoilers.

It also would be nice to be able to mark user comments as spoilers too.

This is pretty easy to implement so I'll try to implement after I finish this poll feature I just started. If I forget, please remind me!

Also the ability to put spoilers in spoilers/other things in chapter. If I have an author note, spoilers and other similar things don't work inside it :blob_hmph:

That's a bug and it was fixed the other day (very recent). If you still have problems with it, let me know.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
This is pretty easy to implement so I'll try to implement after I finish this poll feature I just started. If I forget, please remind me!

*poke* *poke*

Last edited:

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
Thanks for the poke! I started on it a bit yesterday. It should be done in a few days (estimated).
btw, spoilers in tables in spoilers and tables in tables in spoilers and tables in spoilers in tables in spoilers don't work. Not usually a problem, but for my novel I have the character's status in a table at the end of each chapter. I can put the table in a spoiler just fine, but as the novel gets on the table gets longer and it becomes more difficult to read, so what i've been doing on RRL is having the table in a spoiler with an additional spoiler in each section containing the table for that section. Just increases readability a bit. Admittedly, I could just put each of those tables in a separate spoiler. I'll have to see if tables in spoilers in spoilers work. But, just putting it out there and seeing what happens.
P.S. talking about in chapters.

Tony

Staff member
*poke* *poke*

Okay, the feature is live:
Untitled-2.jpg

As an author, you can mark any comments for your story as spoilers. As a user, you can also do the same but only for your own comments.

btw, spoilers in tables in spoilers and tables in tables in spoilers and tables in spoilers in tables in spoilers don't work. Not usually a problem, but for my novel I have the character's status in a table at the end of each chapter. I can put the table in a spoiler just fine, but as the novel gets on the table gets longer and it becomes more difficult to read, so what i've been doing on RRL is having the table in a spoiler with an additional spoiler in each section containing the table for that section. Just increases readability a bit. Admittedly, I could just put each of those tables in a separate spoiler. I'll have to see if tables in spoilers in spoilers work. But, just putting it out there and seeing what happens.
P.S. talking about in chapters.

I'm somewhat confused. Are you referring to nested spoilers? They should work. If not, let me know and I'll take a look at it again.

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
Okay, the feature is live:
View attachment 877

As an author, you can mark any comments for your story as spoilers. As a user, you can also do the same but only for your own comments.

I'm somewhat confused. Are you referring to nested spoilers? They should work. If not, let me know and I'll take a look at it again.

Not nested spoiler, those work. i'm having some troubles with having a spoiler within a table within a spoiler.
Also tables within tables within spoilers
Also tables within spoilers within tables within spoilers.

Alright, i've tested it a bit more, and it seems to work in some places, but not others. Examples:
working:

Not working, further down the same table:

and view of editor.

This is somewhat problematic as it is the latter, not the former, which I want to work. I mean, the former working is fine and all, but I want the other one!

Seems to be a problem with tables that change the number of columns mid-table, or something? Spoilers don't seem to work after the column changes...

Never mind, I have found the problem. Apparently, spoilers don't work properly if in bold.
All is well
:blobthumbsup:
Still, is that a glitch that you can fix or not?

Alright, did even more testing, and found that this bug is weirdly specific to the table above.
I tried spoilers with the three styles (bold, italic, underline), and they worked. Tried them inside a table. Worked. Tried them inside a spoiler. Worked. Tried them inside a table inside a spoiler. Worked again.

Some combination of table changing number of columns and style changes? I don't know. Honestly no probs anymore as I've found how to fix the problem on my end, but it seems a bit strange.

if needed, this is what I was testing on. Don't know if this converts properly from the editor to here, but...
[spoiler title="Gerald's Status"]

Status
asdasd
adasd
asdasd
Race: Living Fork
Level: 33Experience: 6314.0/7600
Allegiance: NoneFame: 1
Strength: 6.5 (65.0)Intelligence: 54.5
Dexterity: 9.0 (18.0)Wisdom: 54.5
Charisma: 6.0Luck: 12.1
Hardness: 26.9Durability: 18.5/18.5
Mana: 1090/1090Mana regen: 10.90/min (11.88)
Psi: 545/545Psi regen: 5.45/min
Ki: 35425/3542 (35425)Ki regen: 3.54 (35.42)/day
Unspent stat points: 0
asd
asd
asd
Living – You are a living being, and as such, the energies of life heal you and the energies of death damage you.
-Trait: Average life energy absorption -Trait: Average death energy weakness
-Trait: minute life affinity -Trait: negative minute death affinity
Progenitor – The first of your species, and it’s forefather. Your reputation affects the reputation of your entire race.
-Trait: Minor fame gain enhancement -Trait: 50% of your fame is added to the fame of your race
Household object: Being an everyday, household object makes other beings less likely to notice you and mention you to others.
-Trait: Small fame gain reduction -Trait: Small presence reduction
Assumed inanimacy – Despite being a living entity and continually in the presence of other living entities, none have noticed your existence, assuming you to be an inanimate object. People are slightly less likely to notice you and less likely to notice your life energy.
-Trait: Minor presence reduction -Trait: Moderate life presence reduction
Fork – You are a fork. As such, you are designed to pierce, scoop and carry food.
-Trait: Minute taste enhancement -Trait: Minute piercing enhancement (restricted to food)
-Trait: Minute carry capacity increase (Restricted to food)
Second life – You have lived, and died, once before. While you died young, the experience nonetheless is an advantage over others. -Stats: Wisdom + 1, Intelligence + 2
Clinically sane – You have experienced insanity and overcome it, one way or another. The experience has changed you, for better or worse.
-Stats: Luck +5, Wisdom +1, Dexterity +0.5, Strength +0.5, Intelligence +1
Ouroboros – Like the serpent of legend, you bit your own tail. Then you ate it. Weirdo.
Stat – Luck +2, Charisma +1, Wisdom -1, Wisdom +2
Traits
Life energy absorption (Average) – life energy heals you, causing you to regain durability.
Death energy weakness (Average) – death energy damages you, reducing your durability.
Life affinity (Minute) – You find it easier to gain life related skills and proficiencies than if you did not have this trait.
Negative death affinity (Minute) – You find it harder to gain death related skills and proficiencies than if you did not have this trait.
Fame gain reduction (Minor) – The amount of fame you gain is reduced.
Presence reduction (Small +1) – Others are less likely to notice you.
50% Fame added to racial fame – The fame of your race is equal to 50% of your fame plus the added fame of all other members of the species divided by the number of members in your species.
Life presence reduction (Moderate) – Others are less likely to notice that you are alive.
Taste enhancement (Minute) – All food that touches you tastes slightly better.
Piercing enhancement (Minute) (Restricted to food) – It is slightly easier for you to pierce food.
Carry capacity enhancement (Minute) (Restricted to food) – You can carry slightly more food than appearances would suggest.
Mana touched (Minor) – Mana permeates your body, changing it in some ways.
Herculean Strength (Large) – In possession of the ability to exert strength far beyond that of your peers. Multiplies base strength (Before using passive or active skills) by 10.
Structured sanity (Moderate) – a well-structured mind is a strong mind. You are resistant to mind affecting or altering affects, such as fear, charm and hypnosis.
Magic metal – You have gained the properties of the magic metal, Mithril. Your body conducts mana at twice the normal rate. Your passive mana absorption is doubled. Your maximum mana is now equal to Intelligence multiplied by 20 instead of Intelligence multiplied by 10. Your maximum durability is increased by your maximum mana divided by 100. Your hardness is increased by max mana divided by 100.
Psychic – You have unlocked the hidden potential of your mind. Stat unlock: psi.
Poison Resistance (Huge) – You are completely immune to weak and ordinary poisons. The effects of more potent poisons on you are greatly reduced.
Flea-bitten (Minor) – Fleas instinctively move towards you.
Physical damage reduction (Minute) – Damage taken that would do under 5% of your total durability as damage is reduced by 5%.
Ki Practitioner: You have gained the ability to control the energy within you, and to reinforce it with the energy around you, enabling you to perform far beyond the normal limits of your body.
Stat unlock: Ki.
Water-Proof (Minor) – Water, and many water based fluids, will slip from your surface with great ease.
Feather-weight (Minute) – You feel light as a feather. A feather that weighs slightly less than you originally did, that is. 1% weight reduction.
Cat’s flexibility (Minor) – Base Dexterity is multiplied by 2. Range of movement of joints increased by 1.1 times.
Curse resistance (Minor) – You have developed an innate resistance to curses. Reduces the effect of weak curses on you.
Heat resistance (Minor) – You have developed an innate resistance to heat. Reduces discomfort and damage inflicted upon you by high temperatures. Slightly increases your melting point.
Skills
Absorb (Advanced) (Racial, Low Unique) 34.17% - Allows the absorption of energy, or substances through the surface of the body or at a distance of (Int*Wis)/10mm. Rate of absorption can be controlled. Although this ability is magical in nature, as it is a form of mana control, and mana is also absorbed, mana cost is 0. Currently the only form of energy able to be absorbed is mana. Absorbing substances has a minor chance of giving traits, abilities and skills relating to the substance.
Mana sight (Expert) (Low Unique, Passive/Toggled) 1.20% - You are capable of seeing smaller congregations of mana than before within (Intelligence*Wisdom)/1.75m. Their forms are now distinct. You can now differentiate mana by type.
Self-repair (Master) (Low Unique, Active) 10.95% - By expending a type of energy available to you, you can repair your own durability and recover your original form. Current energies able to be used: Mana, Psi, Ki. Exchange ratio: 5 mana: 0.1 durability, 10 Psi: 0.1 durability, 10 Ki: 0.1 durability.
Telepathy (Advanced) (High Rare, Active) 41.12% - Allows one to communicate with other beings in exchange for 0.5 Psi/sec*distance between user and target in meters, to a maximum range of (Wisdom*Intelligence)/5m. Allows the user to share emotions and thoughts with the recipient.
Body of deadly poison (Advanced) (Low Unique, Passive/Toggled) 0.10% – Deadly poison courses throughout your entire body. So potent is this poison that even touching you will cause great sickness and partial paralysis for a short period of time. Potency of poison scales a small amount with proficiency.
Flee (Basic) (Low Uncommon, Passive/Conditional) 3.28% - Multiplies base dexterity by 1.5 when running away from something. Will deactivate if offensive action is taken. Will not activate if you do not perceive the thing you are running away from as a threat.
Body of weak acid (Advanced) (Mid Uncommon, Passive/Toggled) 2.07% - A weak acid courses throughout your body and on your skin. So weak is this acid that it acts better as a cleaning agent than a weapon. Acidity scales minutely with proficiency.
Magic edge (Advanced) (Mid Uncommon, Active) 7.14% – You have discovered how to clad the edge of your blade in magic power, increasing the power of your strikes. Increase in power varies depending on mana spent.
Gaming – Minesweeper (Expert) (Mid rare, Passive) 13.27% - You’ve sunk way too much time into this game. And despite the statistics saying 0 wins, 306 losses, you are way better at this than almost everyone else. Slightly increased analytical abilities. Slight instinctive ability to correctly guess the outcome of a 50/50 gamble.
Meditation (Master) (High Rare, Active) 15.23%: Enter into a state unburdened by the worries of the physical world. There is only you, and your thoughts that exist in this world. While in this state, mana regeneration multiplied by 3.0, Psi regeneration multiplied by 3.0, Ki generated at 25 times the normal rate. User is also calmed and receives slight resistance to mind affecting or altering affects.
Ki blast (Advanced) (Mid Rare, Active) 47.28%: Expel Ki from your body in a concentrated blast. Power varies with ki infused. With your lack of experience, you are not able to accurately control the amount of ki you infuse into the skill, it may vary by up to 10 points.
Form manipulation – Self (Expert) (Low Unique, Active) 49.27% - Through the use of mana, you can manipulate your own form at will. Cannot change density or mass. Costs 3.5 mana/second while changing form, costs 6 mana/minute while in a form not your original.
WARNING! Do not use this ability if you are of a race with aspects that could result in death if you were to change them E.G. internal organs, mana pathways, et cetera.
Lip reading (Advanced) (Mid Uncommon, Passive) 71.60% - You have learned how to understand what people are saying by the movement of their lips. Doesn’t hurt that you can see their tongue and jaw movement, either. Rarely inaccurate, you can usually tell what people are saying, unless they have some crazy accent. Good luck with those.
Nine lives (Static) (Passive) – You will avoid the next eight attacks that would be deadly to you, seemingly by accident. After avoiding eight attacks, this skill will disappear.
Charges remaining: 8
Telekinesis (Advanced) (Low Rare, Active) 68.15% - Through Psi, your mind pushes at the world around you, moving objects without the need for physical contact. More Psi is required to produce greater forces. Currently inefficient.
External Ki manipulation (Basic) (Low Rare, Active) 0.51% - You have discovered how to manipulate Ki outside of your body. Doesn’t mean you’re any good at it. Difficulty of control increases drastically with distance and quantity of Ki.
Magic missile (Expert) (Mid Uncommon, Active) 91.49% - Fires a projectile of mana. Power scales with mana consumption, unable to exceed 50 mana per shot. Maximum range = Intelligence*1.75/metres. If remotely controlling, there is an additional mana cost of 0.65 mana/sec, otherwise direction of travel is set at initial creation of shot.
asfasd
Mana control (Expert) (High Uncommon, Passive) 88.28% - Your practice with magic has led to a great familiarity with handling mana. Maximum quantity of mana able to be controlled reliably: 100 mana. Minimum quantity of mana able to be controlled reliably: 0.2 mana.
Power stab (Advanced) (High Common, Active) 13.12% - Multiplies the speed and power of a stab by 1.2. Cooldown: 4 minutes
Mud bath (Basic) (Low Uncommon, Passive) 0.00% - Your injuries heal faster when they are covered with mud, by 1.2 times. Slightly lowered chance of contracting infection and parasites from this activity.
…However, as you are for most purposes an object, this skill does not affect you.
Climbing (Advanced) (Low Uncommon, Passive) 0.00% - You have a slightly increased ability to find handholds and footholds when climbing something, as well as a slightly increased ability to maintain grip on smaller handholds.
Melee weaponry – Spear (Advanced) (Mid Common, Passive) 0.00% - You have some experience using a standard spear. Minor increased grip strength when wielding this weapon, and +1 to Strength and Dexterity while wielding this weapon. Maintaining this type of weapon is easier for you.
Doppelganger (Static) (High Unique, Active) – Switch between your original appearance and that of a Human Male. Costs 1000 mana/min.
Psychic translation (Static) (Low Unique, Passive) – Through subconscious psychic analysis of thought waves and language patterns, allows you to understand (and temporarily speak) any spoken language as if it is your native tongue. Does not apply to non-vocal languages.
Flattery (Advanced) (Low Uncommon, Passive) 0.00% – Skill and tireless effort is the surest way to the top. But sometimes, a few lined pockets and some glitzy compliments are all you need. Others are more likely to have positive opinions of you. Affected positively by charisma. Synergistic effect with the ‘deception’ skill.
Deception (Advanced) (High Common, Passive) 0.07% – Whether the end game is a knife in the back or a slowly drained bank account makes no difference. It’s not like they don’t lie to you, either. Others are more likely to believe your words. Affected positively by charisma. Synergistic effect with the ‘flattery’ skill.
Gaming - Tic-Tac-Toe (Master) (Low Unique, Passive) 48.97% - You are a master at Tic-Tac-Toe. Congratulations. Slight instinctive ability to correctly guess the outcome of 50/50 and one in three gambles.
Multitasking (Advanced) (Mid Uncommon, Passive) 38.12% - You are skilled at doing multiple things at once. Small increase to your ability to keep track of multiple things at once, small decrease in the reduction in precision when performing multiple tasks at once.
Common language-Spoken (Expert) (High Common, Passive) 78.21% - You know most of the commonly used words in the common language. Only obscure and occupation specific words are likely to be outside your knowledge.
Common language-Written (Master) (Mid Uncommon, Passive) 13.57% - You can not only read common the right way up, but upside-down, sideways and reflected without much trouble. The very few words you don’t recognise you can understand from context, and you can read like lightning if you need to.
Small increase in the ability to ignore superfluous text and descriptions to find the actual information you want. Allows you to skip over info dumps and flowery descriptions without flinching even slightly.

[/spoiler]

Tony

Staff member
Not nested spoiler, those work. i'm having some troubles with having a spoiler within a table within a spoiler.
Also tables within tables within spoilers
Also tables within spoilers within tables within spoilers.

Alright, i've tested it a bit more, and it seems to work in some places, but not others. Examples:
working:
View attachment 881

Not working, further down the same table:
View attachment 880

and view of editor.
View attachment 879
This is somewhat problematic as it is the latter, not the former, which I want to work. I mean, the former working is fine and all, but I want the other one!

Seems to be a problem with tables that change the number of columns mid-table, or something? Spoilers don't seem to work after the column changes...

Never mind, I have found the problem. Apparently, spoilers don't work properly if in bold.
All is well
:blobthumbsup:
Still, is that a glitch that you can fix or not?

Alright, did even more testing, and found that this bug is weirdly specific to the table above.
I tried spoilers with the three styles (bold, italic, underline), and they worked. Tried them inside a table. Worked. Tried them inside a spoiler. Worked. Tried them inside a table inside a spoiler. Worked again.

Some combination of table changing number of columns and style changes? I don't know. Honestly no probs anymore as I've found how to fix the problem on my end, but it seems a bit strange.

if needed, this is what I was testing on. Don't know if this converts properly from the editor to here, but...
[spoiler title="Gerald's Status"]

Status
asdasd
adasd
asdasd
Race: Living Fork
Level: 33Experience: 6314.0/7600
Allegiance: NoneFame: 1
Strength: 6.5 (65.0)Intelligence: 54.5
Dexterity: 9.0 (18.0)Wisdom: 54.5
Charisma: 6.0Luck: 12.1
Hardness: 26.9Durability: 18.5/18.5
Mana: 1090/1090Mana regen: 10.90/min (11.88)
Psi: 545/545Psi regen: 5.45/min
Ki: 35425/3542 (35425)Ki regen: 3.54 (35.42)/day
Unspent stat points: 0
asd
asd
asd
Living – You are a living being, and as such, the energies of life heal you and the energies of death damage you.
-Trait: Average life energy absorption -Trait: Average death energy weakness
-Trait: minute life affinity -Trait: negative minute death affinity
Progenitor – The first of your species, and it’s forefather. Your reputation affects the reputation of your entire race.
-Trait: Minor fame gain enhancement -Trait: 50% of your fame is added to the fame of your race
Household object: Being an everyday, household object makes other beings less likely to notice you and mention you to others.
-Trait: Small fame gain reduction -Trait: Small presence reduction
Assumed inanimacy – Despite being a living entity and continually in the presence of other living entities, none have noticed your existence, assuming you to be an inanimate object. People are slightly less likely to notice you and less likely to notice your life energy.
-Trait: Minor presence reduction -Trait: Moderate life presence reduction
Fork – You are a fork. As such, you are designed to pierce, scoop and carry food.
-Trait: Minute taste enhancement -Trait: Minute piercing enhancement (restricted to food)
-Trait: Minute carry capacity increase (Restricted to food)
Second life – You have lived, and died, once before. While you died young, the experience nonetheless is an advantage over others. -Stats: Wisdom + 1, Intelligence + 2
Clinically sane – You have experienced insanity and overcome it, one way or another. The experience has changed you, for better or worse.
-Stats: Luck +5, Wisdom +1, Dexterity +0.5, Strength +0.5, Intelligence +1
Ouroboros – Like the serpent of legend, you bit your own tail. Then you ate it. Weirdo.
Stat – Luck +2, Charisma +1, Wisdom -1, Wisdom +2
Traits
Life energy absorption (Average) – life energy heals you, causing you to regain durability.
Death energy weakness (Average) – death energy damages you, reducing your durability.
Life affinity (Minute) – You find it easier to gain life related skills and proficiencies than if you did not have this trait.
Negative death affinity (Minute) – You find it harder to gain death related skills and proficiencies than if you did not have this trait.
Fame gain reduction (Minor) – The amount of fame you gain is reduced.
Presence reduction (Small +1) – Others are less likely to notice you.
50% Fame added to racial fame – The fame of your race is equal to 50% of your fame plus the added fame of all other members of the species divided by the number of members in your species.
Life presence reduction (Moderate) – Others are less likely to notice that you are alive.
Taste enhancement (Minute) – All food that touches you tastes slightly better.
Piercing enhancement (Minute) (Restricted to food) – It is slightly easier for you to pierce food.
Carry capacity enhancement (Minute) (Restricted to food) – You can carry slightly more food than appearances would suggest.
Mana touched (Minor) – Mana permeates your body, changing it in some ways.
Herculean Strength (Large) – In possession of the ability to exert strength far beyond that of your peers. Multiplies base strength (Before using passive or active skills) by 10.
Structured sanity (Moderate) – a well-structured mind is a strong mind. You are resistant to mind affecting or altering affects, such as fear, charm and hypnosis.
Magic metal – You have gained the properties of the magic metal, Mithril. Your body conducts mana at twice the normal rate. Your passive mana absorption is doubled. Your maximum mana is now equal to Intelligence multiplied by 20 instead of Intelligence multiplied by 10. Your maximum durability is increased by your maximum mana divided by 100. Your hardness is increased by max mana divided by 100.
Psychic – You have unlocked the hidden potential of your mind. Stat unlock: psi.
Poison Resistance (Huge) – You are completely immune to weak and ordinary poisons. The effects of more potent poisons on you are greatly reduced.
Flea-bitten (Minor) – Fleas instinctively move towards you.
Physical damage reduction (Minute) – Damage taken that would do under 5% of your total durability as damage is reduced by 5%.
Ki Practitioner: You have gained the ability to control the energy within you, and to reinforce it with the energy around you, enabling you to perform far beyond the normal limits of your body.
Stat unlock: Ki.
Water-Proof (Minor) – Water, and many water based fluids, will slip from your surface with great ease.
Feather-weight (Minute) – You feel light as a feather. A feather that weighs slightly less than you originally did, that is. 1% weight reduction.
Cat’s flexibility (Minor) – Base Dexterity is multiplied by 2. Range of movement of joints increased by 1.1 times.
Curse resistance (Minor) – You have developed an innate resistance to curses. Reduces the effect of weak curses on you.
Heat resistance (Minor) – You have developed an innate resistance to heat. Reduces discomfort and damage inflicted upon you by high temperatures. Slightly increases your melting point.
Skills
Absorb (Advanced) (Racial, Low Unique) 34.17% - Allows the absorption of energy, or substances through the surface of the body or at a distance of (Int*Wis)/10mm. Rate of absorption can be controlled. Although this ability is magical in nature, as it is a form of mana control, and mana is also absorbed, mana cost is 0. Currently the only form of energy able to be absorbed is mana. Absorbing substances has a minor chance of giving traits, abilities and skills relating to the substance.
Mana sight (Expert) (Low Unique, Passive/Toggled) 1.20% - You are capable of seeing smaller congregations of mana than before within (Intelligence*Wisdom)/1.75m. Their forms are now distinct. You can now differentiate mana by type.
Self-repair (Master) (Low Unique, Active) 10.95% - By expending a type of energy available to you, you can repair your own durability and recover your original form. Current energies able to be used: Mana, Psi, Ki. Exchange ratio: 5 mana: 0.1 durability, 10 Psi: 0.1 durability, 10 Ki: 0.1 durability.
Telepathy (Advanced) (High Rare, Active) 41.12% - Allows one to communicate with other beings in exchange for 0.5 Psi/sec*distance between user and target in meters, to a maximum range of (Wisdom*Intelligence)/5m. Allows the user to share emotions and thoughts with the recipient.
Body of deadly poison (Advanced) (Low Unique, Passive/Toggled) 0.10% – Deadly poison courses throughout your entire body. So potent is this poison that even touching you will cause great sickness and partial paralysis for a short period of time. Potency of poison scales a small amount with proficiency.
Flee (Basic) (Low Uncommon, Passive/Conditional) 3.28% - Multiplies base dexterity by 1.5 when running away from something. Will deactivate if offensive action is taken. Will not activate if you do not perceive the thing you are running away from as a threat.
Body of weak acid (Advanced) (Mid Uncommon, Passive/Toggled) 2.07% - A weak acid courses throughout your body and on your skin. So weak is this acid that it acts better as a cleaning agent than a weapon. Acidity scales minutely with proficiency.
Magic edge (Advanced) (Mid Uncommon, Active) 7.14% – You have discovered how to clad the edge of your blade in magic power, increasing the power of your strikes. Increase in power varies depending on mana spent.
Gaming – Minesweeper (Expert) (Mid rare, Passive) 13.27% - You’ve sunk way too much time into this game. And despite the statistics saying 0 wins, 306 losses, you are way better at this than almost everyone else. Slightly increased analytical abilities. Slight instinctive ability to correctly guess the outcome of a 50/50 gamble.
Meditation (Master) (High Rare, Active) 15.23%: Enter into a state unburdened by the worries of the physical world. There is only you, and your thoughts that exist in this world. While in this state, mana regeneration multiplied by 3.0, Psi regeneration multiplied by 3.0, Ki generated at 25 times the normal rate. User is also calmed and receives slight resistance to mind affecting or altering affects.
Ki blast (Advanced) (Mid Rare, Active) 47.28%: Expel Ki from your body in a concentrated blast. Power varies with ki infused. With your lack of experience, you are not able to accurately control the amount of ki you infuse into the skill, it may vary by up to 10 points.
Form manipulation – Self (Expert) (Low Unique, Active) 49.27% - Through the use of mana, you can manipulate your own form at will. Cannot change density or mass. Costs 3.5 mana/second while changing form, costs 6 mana/minute while in a form not your original.
WARNING! Do not use this ability if you are of a race with aspects that could result in death if you were to change them E.G. internal organs, mana pathways, et cetera.
Lip reading (Advanced) (Mid Uncommon, Passive) 71.60% - You have learned how to understand what people are saying by the movement of their lips. Doesn’t hurt that you can see their tongue and jaw movement, either. Rarely inaccurate, you can usually tell what people are saying, unless they have some crazy accent. Good luck with those.
Nine lives (Static) (Passive) – You will avoid the next eight attacks that would be deadly to you, seemingly by accident. After avoiding eight attacks, this skill will disappear.
Charges remaining: 8
Telekinesis (Advanced) (Low Rare, Active) 68.15% - Through Psi, your mind pushes at the world around you, moving objects without the need for physical contact. More Psi is required to produce greater forces. Currently inefficient.
External Ki manipulation (Basic) (Low Rare, Active) 0.51% - You have discovered how to manipulate Ki outside of your body. Doesn’t mean you’re any good at it. Difficulty of control increases drastically with distance and quantity of Ki.
Magic missile (Expert) (Mid Uncommon, Active) 91.49% - Fires a projectile of mana. Power scales with mana consumption, unable to exceed 50 mana per shot. Maximum range = Intelligence*1.75/metres. If remotely controlling, there is an additional mana cost of 0.65 mana/sec, otherwise direction of travel is set at initial creation of shot.
asfasd
Mana control (Expert) (High Uncommon, Passive) 88.28% - Your practice with magic has led to a great familiarity with handling mana. Maximum quantity of mana able to be controlled reliably: 100 mana. Minimum quantity of mana able to be controlled reliably: 0.2 mana.
Power stab (Advanced) (High Common, Active) 13.12% - Multiplies the speed and power of a stab by 1.2. Cooldown: 4 minutes
Mud bath (Basic) (Low Uncommon, Passive) 0.00% - Your injuries heal faster when they are covered with mud, by 1.2 times. Slightly lowered chance of contracting infection and parasites from this activity.
…However, as you are for most purposes an object, this skill does not affect you.
Climbing (Advanced) (Low Uncommon, Passive) 0.00% - You have a slightly increased ability to find handholds and footholds when climbing something, as well as a slightly increased ability to maintain grip on smaller handholds.
Melee weaponry – Spear (Advanced) (Mid Common, Passive) 0.00% - You have some experience using a standard spear. Minor increased grip strength when wielding this weapon, and +1 to Strength and Dexterity while wielding this weapon. Maintaining this type of weapon is easier for you.
Doppelganger (Static) (High Unique, Active) – Switch between your original appearance and that of a Human Male. Costs 1000 mana/min.
Psychic translation (Static) (Low Unique, Passive) – Through subconscious psychic analysis of thought waves and language patterns, allows you to understand (and temporarily speak) any spoken language as if it is your native tongue. Does not apply to non-vocal languages.
Flattery (Advanced) (Low Uncommon, Passive) 0.00% – Skill and tireless effort is the surest way to the top. But sometimes, a few lined pockets and some glitzy compliments are all you need. Others are more likely to have positive opinions of you. Affected positively by charisma. Synergistic effect with the ‘deception’ skill.
Deception (Advanced) (High Common, Passive) 0.07% – Whether the end game is a knife in the back or a slowly drained bank account makes no difference. It’s not like they don’t lie to you, either. Others are more likely to believe your words. Affected positively by charisma. Synergistic effect with the ‘flattery’ skill.
Gaming - Tic-Tac-Toe (Master) (Low Unique, Passive) 48.97% - You are a master at Tic-Tac-Toe. Congratulations. Slight instinctive ability to correctly guess the outcome of 50/50 and one in three gambles.
Multitasking (Advanced) (Mid Uncommon, Passive) 38.12% - You are skilled at doing multiple things at once. Small increase to your ability to keep track of multiple things at once, small decrease in the reduction in precision when performing multiple tasks at once.
Common language-Spoken (Expert) (High Common, Passive) 78.21% - You know most of the commonly used words in the common language. Only obscure and occupation specific words are likely to be outside your knowledge.
Common language-Written (Master) (Mid Uncommon, Passive) 13.57% - You can not only read common the right way up, but upside-down, sideways and reflected without much trouble. The very few words you don’t recognise you can understand from context, and you can read like lightning if you need to.
Small increase in the ability to ignore superfluous text and descriptions to find the actual information you want. Allows you to skip over info dumps and flowery descriptions without flinching even slightly.

[/spoiler]

Can you upload that to https://pastebin.com/ and give me the link? I'm not sure if it's pasting correctly on the forums.

Hmmm... but what if I only want to have a portion of the comment as a spoiler?

I thought about that but giving authors total control over a user's comment to add spoil but it seems like it may cause drama (such as authors messing with user's comment and adding random stuff). That's why I went with the "spoil all" route. I guess for your own comment, I could try to add something like that in the future.

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
Can you upload that to https://pastebin.com/ and give me the link? I'm not sure if it's pasting correctly on the forums.

I thought about that but giving authors total control over a user's comment to add spoil but it seems like it may cause drama (such as authors messing with user's comment and adding random stuff). That's why I went with the "spoil all" route. I guess for your own comment, I could try to add something like that in the future.
I tried to do this, but it doesn't appear to have pasted everything right... The tables aren't showing up. Are there any particular settings i need to use?

Also, in doing this I noticed that while spoilers that are in bold or italics have their contents appear in bold or italics, underlined spoilers have normal contents. (this is with entire spoiler tag and content using the formatting). Not sure if that's a problem or not (it's not for me), but I thought i'd just mention it.

Also, I appear to have broken it.
snippy3.PNG

Everything in this section is supposed to be in spoilers.
Not sure if there's an upper limit on spoilers (probably have around 30-40 in this for testing purposes), but yeah.

Tony

Staff member
I tried to do this, but it doesn't appear to have pasted everything right... The tables aren't showing up. Are there any particular settings i need to use?

Also, in doing this I noticed that while spoilers that are in bold or italics have their contents appear in bold or italics, underlined spoilers have normal contents. (this is with entire spoiler tag and content using the formatting). Not sure if that's a problem or not (it's not for me), but I thought i'd just mention it.

Also, I appear to have broken it.
View attachment 889
Everything in this section is supposed to be in spoilers.
Not sure if there's an upper limit on spoilers (probably have around 30-40 in this for testing purposes), but yeah.

I was able to copy it into a test chapter so I'll see if I can fix it this weekend. Thanks!

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

No one said total control... just selected lines. We don't need to edit the whole thing. But at very least implement the spoiler BB code so we can ask them to make it a spoiler or hide our own partial spoilers.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
I remember those days in Royalroad where authors could edit readers' comments since stories were in forums and authors were moderators of their thread.

Good call, Tony.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
I remember those days in Royalroad where authors could edit readers' comments since stories were in forums and authors were moderators of their thread.

Good call, Tony.

That isn't what I was asking, I was asking to mark text as spoilers, not actual ability to edit comment text. There is a middle ground.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
That isn't what I was asking, I was asking to mark text as spoilers, not actual ability to edit comment text. There is a middle ground.
I am well aware, which is why I replied to Tony and not you. To quote him: "I thought about...giving authors total control over a user's comment."

Tony

Staff member
@jinxs2011 The bug is fixed. You need to press "save" on the chapter again though. If it's not fixed, please let me know and I'll look into it again.

I'll revisit this but I think it's fine to be able to mark the whole comment as a spoiler for now.

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
@jinxs2011 The bug is fixed. You need to press "save" on the chapter again though. If it's not fixed, please let me know and I'll look into it again.

I'll revisit this but I think it's fine to be able to mark the whole comment as a spoiler for now.
Looks fixed to me! Good job and thanks! (y):blob_okay: