SSSC II

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
SSSC is an unofficial competition that I think would benefit authors and readers alike.

How does it work?
There'll be a prompt posted below and anyone can write a story about the prompt. After the competition has concluded, the entries will be added into the Anthology. (if the author gives me their consent and authors will be credited for their work).

How to Enter?
Unlike the previous contest, Tony has been kind enough to allow me to test the Contest feature. To enter the competition this time, submit a story on SH like normal. After submitting, go to story's setting and at the bottom, there will be a category for contests. This contest is SSSC II. Story will only appear after it's been approved. Stories will be in https://www.scribblehub.com/contest/sssc-ii/.
1549313688107.png

How will the winner be decided?
Due to this contest being different from before. Winner will be decided after 3 weeks this competition starts through the amount of favourite a story get instead of polls.

Rules
1. Minimum of 2,000 words and Maximum of 6,000 words.
2. NSFW is allowed but please do put warnings.
3. New stories only.
4. You can ask questions below.
5. The contest will end on 25th of February (Includes submission and voting period) 11:59 PM (GMT Timezone (Type UK Time in Google))

Why should you participate?
Well, it would be beneficial for Authors to get experience from these competitions. I think it would be fun for everyone to demonstrate their style of writing and getting feedback from it.

What do I get for winning?
You get bragging rights. Yep. For this competition, @Tony has been kind enough to donate Discord Nitro (1 month)] x2 - Winner and Runner up.

Ps. You'll be pushing yourself out of your comfort zone of writing with these prompts (hopefully).

Last edited:

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
If you skipped the info, please read it because this competition is different from before.

A sorcerer and his daughter are stranded on a deserted island, and then a second shipwreck brings a surprise visitor.

Story Entries will be posted here (Remember to favourite the story you want to win):
  1. Searching for Treasures by @TLCsDestiny
  2. The Sorcerer by @NoLoliNoLife
  3. The Desert Island by @TrollingTrolls
  4. My Father Carl Weschat by @EVENH
  5. Rising Winds by @ashielyn
  6. The Stranded Oracle by @Cold_Sun
  7. A Sorcerer's Tale by @TwilightForest
  8. Dragon of the Sea by @kenkikishi
  9. White Shadow by @Ehao_Truth
  10. The Egg by @mrsimple
  11. Alistair's Secret by @Varno
  12. Stranded Sorcerer by @Scribbler
  13. Shipwrecked Pride by @Nho
  14. Full Fathom Zero by @S.D.Mills
You can find all the stories here. If your story isn't here then DM me and I'll add it to the list.

Last edited:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
what kind of island then? A "desert" island? Like what does that mean then? No trees and food supplies like fish or water? Or a "deserted" island with no people? I want a bit more detail on the setting please

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
what kind of island then? A "desert" island? Like what does that mean then? No trees and food supplies like fish or water? Or a "deserted" island with no people? I want a bit more detail on the setting please
Deserted. What the island is made of or what the island contains is up to you.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
The prompt is too similar, so I actually thought you were influenced by it.
I don't want a second version of a story. The prompt is the prompt. I just want to see what stories Authors can conjure up with a simple prompt.

TwilightForest

Being myself
I don't want a second version of a story. The prompt is the prompt. I just want to see what stories Authors can conjure up with a simple prompt.
Don't worry! No one has the capability of creating a second version of Tempest. It's just a joke. I don't think a lot people here has even read it ever, so it doesn't matter anyway.
It's a good prompt. Let's see how the authors turn it into a story:)

D.Dimitrov

[Trash Talker]
Don't worry! No one has the capability of creating a second version of Tempest. It's just a joke. I don't think a lot people here has even read it ever, so it doesn't matter anyway.
It's a good prompt. Let's see how the authors turn it into a story:)
Tempest is a good story.... Hmm... Well, I might participate this time, 2k to 6k words aren't too hard to write.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
If you skipped the info, please read it because this competition is different from before.

A sorcerer and his daughter are stranded on a deserted island, and then a second shipwreck brings a surprise visitor.
Nice topic, now if only I can write...

TrismegistusShandy

I don't think I could write this *without* being influenced by _The Tempest_ (and _Forbidden Planet_, the science fiction retelling of it). That's not necessarily a bad thing, and at under 6,001 words it would have to be a streamlined, simplified retelling. I'll do some brainstorming and see if I come up with something good.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
All future entries will be added to this thread to make it easier to keep track.

S.D.Mills

Tempest is a good story.... Hmm... Well, I might participate this time, 2k to 6k words aren't too hard to write.
Well, I usually find less words means higher difficulty for me. It’s why poetry costs you blood and tears to say something worth saying.

The Tempest is my favorite. Of course, it’s a bit self-centered that my favorite play is about being a writer. lol. Sort of like how every TV show eventually has that obligatory episode with a Hollywood screenwriter is the guest main character.

TwilightForest

Being myself
Well, I usually find less words means higher difficulty for me. It’s why poetry costs you blood and tears to say something worth saying.

The Tempest is my favorite. Of course, it’s a bit self-centered that my favorite play is about being a writer. lol. Sort of like how every TV show eventually has that obligatory episode with a Hollywood screenwriter is the guest main character.
That means you like Miranda and Ariel? I like the tragedies more.

TwilightForest

Being myself
I don't think I could write this *without* being influenced by _The Tempest_ (and _Forbidden Planet_, the science fiction retelling of it). That's not necessarily a bad thing, and at under 6,001 words it would have to be a streamlined, simplified retelling. I'll do some brainstorming and see if I come up with something good.
Ever watched the movie The Forbidden Planet?

Roaclaynous

Just did submit one. It's now showing yet though on the contest page lol. Or does it take time before it's reflected there?