SSSC VI

Scribbler

Sure, donate 50$.
Maybe more variety in the prize would be good? Not everyone may be interested in discord nitro. How about a feature spot on the front page of the main site? I know I would be ravenous for a prize like that.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Maybe more variety in the prize would be good? Not everyone may be interested in discord nitro. How about a feature spot on the front page of the main site? I know I would be ravenous for a prize like that.
That's a different matter since SSSC isn't an official ScribbleHub competition.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
FYI, this SSSC will be the last "regular" one. The upcoming SSSC will take on a different format and you guys can vote/suggest on how to improve.
have an actual judging board or at least one guy picking from the list. I'm not saying the winners don't deserve it, but there's definitely some great ones overlooked from pure preference by the readers

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Congrats to our winners.

@AliceShiki and @binarysoap! The prize will be dmed to you. Thank you to everyone that participated in the last SSSC!
*shakes pompoms* Thanks to everyone that voted for me! Pretty happy that I won~
have an actual judging board or at least one guy picking from the list. I'm not saying the winners don't deserve it, but there's definitely some great ones overlooked from pure preference by the readers
I dunno, I mean, my story was pretty weird and still won somehow, I think it's not among the #1 among standard reader preferences... >.>

That said, the sample of readers is pretty small for this context, so maybe I just got lucky... Hard to know.

A judging board (or a single judge) wouldn't hurt I guess, but I feel like it's a bit hard to find someone you trust to do the judging and stuff. Last time I saw a writing contest in a forum having actual judges, I saw the judge give undeserved low ratings to some stories because they misread the instructions of how they were supposed to judge it... >.>

So uhn... Needs to find people that are willing to properly take the time to evaluate everything and stuff. Not saying that the reader method is perfect, but at least it a bit more guaranteed to not get a skewered result because someone didn't do their job properly.