SSSC VI

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
The last one before the end of 2019! We've implemented a new rule to make it fair for everyone. Please do not steal people's artwork to be used in your cover. Good luck with writing, everyone. :blob_evil:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask below!

What is SSSC?
Scribble Short Story Competition is an unofficial contest for authors and readers to participate! The goal is for you guys to write a short story based on the given prompts. Hopefully, you'll gain experience as well as have fun while writing or reading the short stories. Story submitted will be included in an anthology of all the SSSC.

How do you enter?
To enter the competition all you need to do is post your story on the website like normal. After you've posted the story, go to the story's setting and there should be a contest section, select the SSSC VI contest tag and your story will be in the competition!

Rules
  1. Minimum of 2,000 words. Maximum of 8,000 words.
  2. NSFW stories are allowed but must include the corresponding tags and warnings.
  3. New stories only.
  4. Post the story into a single chapter.
  5. Submission period ends on the 31st of December. Voting period ends on the 10th of January 2020 (11:59 PM) GMT Timezone.
  6. Readers vote by favouriting the story chapter.
  7. If you don't want your story to be included in the SSSC Anthology, PM me.
  8. You can choose one or more of the 3 prompts but you must at the very least use one of the given prompt.
  9. Do not use stolen artwork for your story cover!
  10. If there's a tie between votes, the amount of readers will be taken into account.
Prizes
Our king, @Tony, has been kind enough to continue to support and sponsor our event. Similar to the previous events, it will be 2 nitro discord for grabs for the winner and runner up!

Last edited:

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
VAMPIRE: you see, this town is under my spell
MAN: actually I'm not
VAMPIRE: what
MAN: I'm not enchanted
VAMPIRE: but you did all those chores
MAN: you seemed stressed
VAMPIRE: you dusted my coffin
MAN: I wanted to
VAMPIRE: we had dinner
MAN: it was beautiful
VAMPIRE:

😳

Source:
One day a person woke up only to realise that he/her is the only person left in the world. Everyone else suddenly vanished from the world without a trace. Years gone by as he/she survived alone in this world, slowly descending into madness when one day he heard the sound of an car engine starting up in the distance.

All entries can be found here: https://www.scribblehub.com/contest/sssc-vi/

Last edited:

Dountmindme

You wot m8? You wanna go, huh? Come at me bro, y—
second! Kek
okay I didn’t have time last Time but I’m gonna see if I have time for this one.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Please do not steal people's artwork to be used in your cover
What does this entail?
If it is for public domain use, can we use it?
Is it fine if we just credit the artist?
Do we need explicit permission from the artist?
etc.

Scribbler

I'll probably be too busy being awesome to participate.

Oh god, I already regret saying it. Will delete soon.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
What does this entail?
If it is for public domain use, can we use it?
Is it fine if we just credit the artist?
Do we need explicit permission from the artist?
etc.
Using public domain art isn't stealing. But if it's not stated as public domain then it requires the consent of the artist to be used as your cover.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Maybe I can finally channel my inner fudanshi. Just need to name the vampire and the man Sin and Ace.

Also, @Alverost , you should probably pin this thread and unpin the SSSC V.
Tony will get to that when he can.

MrDarkness1234

Dark Matter of All Evil
ok could I use the 1st proment as like somewhat of vampire story or just similar to the proment

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
The last one before the end of 2019! We've implemented a new rule to make it fair for everyone. Please do not steal people's artwork to be used in your cover. Good luck with writing, everyone. :blob_evil:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask below!

What is SSSC?
Scribble Short Story Competition is an unofficial contest for authors and readers to participate! The goal is for you guys to write a short story based on the given prompts. Hopefully, you'll gain experience as well as have fun while writing or reading the short stories. Story submitted will be included in an anthology of all the SSSC.

How do you enter?
To enter the competition all you need to do is post your story on the website like normal. After you've posted the story, go to the story's setting and there should be a contest section, select the SSSC VI contest tag and your story will be in the competition!

Rules
  1. Minimum of 2,000 words. Maximum of 8,000 words.
  2. NSFW stories are allowed but must include the corresponding tags and warnings.
  3. New stories only.
  4. Post the story into a single chapter.
  5. Submission period ends on the 31st of December. Voting period ends on the 10th of January 2020 (11:59 PM) GMT Timezone.
  6. Readers vote by favouriting the story chapter.
  7. If you don't want your story to be included in the SSSC Anthology, PM me.
  8. You can choose one or more of the 3 prompts but you must at the very least use one of the given prompt.
  9. Do not use stolen artwork for your story cover!
  10. If there's a tie between votes, the amount of readers will be taken into account.
Prizes
Our king, @Tony, has been kind enough to continue to support and sponsor our event. Similar to the previous events, it will be 2 nitro discord for grabs for the winner and runner up!
@Alverost is it legal to combine two or more prompts in one story?

Kotohood

Noob Author
Come on Alverost. Of all the ones I gave, you picked that one!?

And here I thought you were daring. :blob_pout:

PS: Good luck to all those joining in on the contest! :blob_reach:

Last edited:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Come on Alverost. Of all the ones I gave, you picked that one!?

And here I thought you were daring. :blob_pout:

PS: Good luck to all those joining in on the contest! :blob_reach:
What else did you give him? Want to know :blob_reach: