Votes: 1 12.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Hello, it's been 2 weeks since the start of the competition and as of such the competition have ended. Now it's the voting phase, there's a poll on this thread and please vote for the story that you think deserves to win. The voting phase will end in 1 week (7 days) so that you guys can have time to read and vote.

For the integrity of the competition, participants (someone who submitted a story) shouldn't vote for any story.

Here's the link to the main thread: link
Prompt Link

Entries
1. The Legend by Falling Leaves
2. The Doorman by Trismegistus Shandy
3. Gazing From Above by Ryuubii
4. Seiru by VannVann
5. A Star's Expiration by Gaap
6. Nightmares by Sunhrae
7. Mandela Effect by JustHANO
8. Arrogance by HappyVainGlory
9. Universeman by Bluebery

10. Rockin’ Our World by MrSimple

For the participants
Thank you for taking your time to write up a short story for this competition. As mentioned before on the main thread, all stories will be compiled and be posted as an Anthology of SSSC. You'll still maintain the copyrights and can do whatever you want with them. If you do not want your story to be posted as part of the Anthology, please let me know. All authors will be linked inside the anthology.

Thank you for @Justderpin for creating the cover that we'll use for the anthology. If you want really aesthetically pleasing covers for your story at a cheap price check her out here.

Feedback/Complaints
Regarding any feedback, complaints or suggestions you may have for the SSSC please leave a message down below within this thread. I'll try my best to read everything and consider your suggestion. However, please do remember I'm currently running this competition alone hence there's a limit in what I can do.

FAQ
1. Why the use of a picture prompt?
A: I do understand that some of you wanted or prefer a word prompt or a prompt that was more restricted to a theme. However, the use of the picture prompt was so that we could see what the authors could do with the pictures, in other words, we were testing their creativity and storytelling. Majority of creative work created have inspiration from one place or another, the picture prompt was meant to inspire the authors to write a story using the elements from the picture and what they themselves view the picture as.

That does not mean we won't be using word prompts for the future. I plan to rotate between picture and word prompt to be more inclusive to a variety of authors and readers.

2. Why a poll to decide the winner?
As mentioned before I'm currently running this competition alone and I personally felt that I'm not qualified enough to judge whose work is better. Reviewing and rating stories are very subjective and one person may view a work better than another while another person would disagree. As of right now, I think it is best to keep it simple with a poll so that the readers can decide which is better. If this competition grows then in the future we may have a panel of judges, this is not confirmed yet.

Once again, I'm grateful for all those that spent their time to write and submit a story and I hope the readers will enjoy the short story that all the participant have written up and voted for what they view as the best. Thank you.

Last edited:

VannVann

Huh. It's nice and clean. Gonna read everyone's stories just cause

VannVann

@Alverost maybe have the thread pinned for a week so passerbys can see it? People tend to overlook older posts

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
@Alverost
Ooops, next time, could you try to tag the persons involved in the contest, else people might miss the thread~

Side note... I should give a title to my prompt...
I guess "A Star's Expiration" should be fine~

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
@Alverost
Ooops, next time, could you try to tag the persons involved in the contest, else people might miss the thread~

Side note... I should give a title to my prompt...
I guess "A Star's Expiration" should be fine~
Will do.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
I would be grateful if you guys can include the link of this thread to your latest chapters so we can get these stories more views and votes.

Bluebery

Serpent Keeper
I would be grateful if you guys can include the link of this thread to your latest chapters so we can get these stories more views and votes.

Can i post the short story on Scribble as an one shot now? For more views?

Bluebery

Serpent Keeper
Of course @Alverost ! Will do!
And can I use the prompt picture as a cover? Or I have to make a new one?

mrsimple

Writer
Oh my goodness!!! 😮

There is still 2 days, so I'll wait before being really happy. I'll stick to mildly happy for now!
Nah, be happy. You've got this. Remember, the reward is to brag, and I'm fairly certain you can right now. :;):