Stats glitch?

JohnHKnight

Hey guys!
So I know for a fact that I had at least 29 valid reads today (10 people read my last chapter that I put out today and a new Reader started to binge-read my story from chapter 1 to chapter 19), yet my statistics says I had only 8 valid reads today. I know, first world problems, right? Still, it's annoying and even though today's reading not really trending-worthy, I don't wanna miss my chance because of a glitch or bug. Has anyone else noticed something like that?

IvyVeritas

The overall statistics take a long time to update. Several hours, at least. (Well, more accurately, I guess I should say that they update at intervals of several hours. If you get a view right before the update, it'll be included, but if you get a view right after an update, it'll be hours before the next one.)

Beyond that, I couldn't say if there are any other issues or not.

JohnHKnight

The overall statistics take a long time to update. Several hours, at least. (Well, more accurately, I guess I should say that they update at intervals of several hours. If you get a view right before the update, it'll be included, but if you get a view right after an update, it'll be hours before the next one.)

Beyond that, I couldn't say if there are any other issues or not.

I assumed it refreshing in every 10 minutes, because that's what the text said at the statistics.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
It automatically updates every 24h at 12 am (forgot which timezone)
It also updates whenever you get a new reader or rating.

IvyVeritas

That would explain why I was never able to figure out what the exact interval was.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
That would explain why I was never able to figure out what the exact interval was.
I think it was london timezone? Maybe it also changes according to your timezone setting. But yeah, it will update when your reader count and ratings change. Views and Favorites don't trigger a refresh though :blob_popcorn: (correct me if I remember wrong)

JohnHKnight

I think it was london timezone? Maybe it also changes according to your timezone setting. But yeah, it will update when your reader count and ratings change. Views and Favorites don't trigger a refresh though :blob_popcorn: (correct me if I remember wrong)
It's London+1, I live in London and one refresh usually comes at 1 am.

Jemini

Exactly. It's also possible to manipulate this on your own by adding or removing yourself as a reader. Or, if you want to rate yourself, then changing your own rating and then returning it to whatever you rated it before.

JohnHKnight

Exactly. It's also possible to manipulate this on your own by adding or removing yourself as a reader. Or, if you want to rate yourself, then changing your own rating and then returning it to whatever you rated it before.
Why would anyone do that, though? Nobody knows for sure what will put you into trending, true, but clearly not ratings or the number of readers because I have seen stories trending with both of those less than mine. Plus it's cheating, somebody just gave me a 1 star rate but I won't give 5 stars to myself to even it out, that was his/her opinion, why cheat?

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Why would anyone do that, though? Nobody knows for sure what will put you into trending, true, but clearly not ratings or the number of readers because I have seen stories trending with both of those less than mine. Plus it's cheating, somebody just gave me a 1 star rate but I won't give 5 stars to myself to even it out, that was his/her opinion, why cheat?

Not for bumping your story but to make the stats refresh as they said above. When the rating changes, everything updates. So, if you rated your story 5, switched today to 4, then everything would instantly update, views number, readers, favourites, etc. Then you just switch back to 5. Just changing your own vote, if you made one, won't boost you or something.

And you are right, ratings don't really affect trending. It's the number of views in the previous day and also engagement to some extent, like comments, favourites and maybe gained readers (but that's only assumptions on our own observations which often pointed the case correctly. I had many chances with my 2 stories to analyze it.)