Stolen content from ScribbleHub being published on Kindle without permission

VideoAmes

I've discovered someone (or possibly multiple people) have been publishing works from scribblehub on Kindle without the knowledge of the actual authors. They seem to generally change the name, and have a subtitle that is just copying the genres on the version from scribblehub. You can find a lot of these by searching the genres from a story on Amazon, e.g. see https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Comedy+Gender+Bender+Girls+Love+Romance+Slice+of+Life&ref=nb_sb_noss

There's a ton of these under different fake author names, so I suspect whoever is doing it has semi- or fully automated the process. This is really messed up, and I only found out about it because I was trying to help my sister publish a story on Kindle and they flagged OUR version as stolen, rather that the unauthorized, illegal version

Jamminrabbit

I Have Been Tamed: Adult Comedy Gender Bender Girls Love Mature Romance Slice of Life Smut - Kindle edition by Zimmermann, Cornell. Literature & Fiction Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

This one even has a patreon thank you message on the first chapter. Whoever is uploading literally just copy/pasting it all straight to kindle without even editing lmao.

You can refer to this page on Amazon for help: Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing: Contact us with your KDP questions

Unlike the report system that goes directly to a bot, this usually leads to an agent who will check and get back to you.

StrongArm

Bastards will always come up with new ways to make a buck.... How do i search for these dirty A$$ Pirates?

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
This might be my narrow view, shouldn't Kindle at least verify the author before allowing the stories to be published? The original authors can't get their money back from these scums. This is video stealing in Facebook all over again.

VideoAmes

I've been finding these by searching the genres from a story on Amazon, and then checking the free sample for the first couple results.
For example, for https://www.scribblehub.com/series/277773/its-just-a-prank-bro/ I would search "Comedy Drama Gender Bender Girls Love Romance Slice of Life" on Amazon, like this.
1672709575684.png

Then if I look at the free sample and compare it to the first chapter of the story, you can see that they're exactly the same

Original story:
1672709654712.png

Pirated Kindle version:
1672709638824.png

Yairy

The Dreamer of Wonderland!
I would literally cry if any of my stories were stolen and uploaded for money like this. I've been scraped before to obscure websites that nobody gives a shit for but for scumbags to do this... I hate people.

RaizarP

A Giga Chad
It happened to me thrice😌
I just need to inquires to amazon copyright and put the original scribblehub link on it.
The rest is just waiting for their response

Last edited:

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist
Guess I'm going to have to edit some of my story summaries to elaborate on the CC license I want to use. Feeling half pissed and half flattered that they'd consider my stuff good enough to pirate.

RockiesRetriever

I've discovered someone (or possibly multiple people) have been publishing works from scribblehub on Kindle without the knowledge of the actual authors. They seem to generally change the name, and have a subtitle that is just copying the genres on the version from scribblehub. You can find a lot of these by searching the genres from a story on Amazon, e.g. see https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Comedy+Gender+Bender+Girls+Love+Romance+Slice+of+Life&ref=nb_sb_noss

There's a ton of these under different fake author names, so I suspect whoever is doing it has semi- or fully automated the process. This is really messed up, and I only found out about it because I was trying to help my sister publish a story on Kindle and they flagged OUR version as stolen, rather that the unauthorized, illegal version

This is one of the reasons why in the long run I'm pursuing traditional publishing. Yes someone is always going to pirate your stories and stuff like that, but it isn't like if I was a published author someone could easily get away with putting up a copy of my story on audible or something.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Report them whenever you find them, and inform the original author about it. Chances are, the original authors did not notice that their stories are being pirated, so having the fans inform them is a lot of help. It's one thing to have your stories copied and put up for free, but it another for someone else to make money out of them.

Stories on kindle gets 3 months grace period before it's paid off. So if you inform the author early, with luck, the pirate will be banned from kindle before they can make any money. Sure, it's just a matter of making a new account and resending tax information, but if the same name on the tax form kept being banned, even amazon would be wise enough to do something about it.