Stories with reversed morality concerning gender roles

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Title says it all. Anything that is in the same vein as World Of Moral Reversal.

Not interested in the sex part. I'm interested in the reversal of gender roles and what the results might be. So any suggestions you have might be of help. I already did a search of "Reverse" and "reversal" on SH and exhausted those options.

TheDerpieGod

A Well-Known Daddy.
7d2accac40ff2924da355054c676e185.jpeg

Tf?

Imahermit

It'd be fun to write that. Hmmmm, perhaps in the future, but I think I know a movie like that that may also have a book.

Jolliapplegirl

There are a few stories like that. There's a manga called ouken (I think, something starting with an o) that has women taking on all the manual labor and leadership roles due to a disease that killed off most of the male population.

TheEldritchGod

It'd be fun to write that. Hmmmm, perhaps in the future, but I think I know a movie like that that may also have a book.
I am writing it. I'm around chapter 75 or something. I'm always looking for new material to research.

Lightning

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
I once read a sci fi book about an apocalyptic future with weird brain fungus stuff that was like that. Basically a tribal society where the women were the hunters and thought men were important, and thus sheltered them, cause they could give them kids. Can't recall the name.

TheEldritchGod

Umm... That's the story I'm writing.
*chuckle*
And to clarify, I think I have exhausted all the potential stories to study that are on this site, but if something stands out that I should focus on, let me know.

TheDerpieGod

A Well-Known Daddy.
I once read a sci fi book about an apocalyptic future with weird brain fungus stuff that was like that. Basically a tribal society where the women were the hunters and thought men were important, and thus sheltered them, cause they could give them kids. Can't recall the name.
Oooh, now I wanna read it.

LillyanaKabal

If you are looking for anything like this, "Immortal Swordsman In A Reverse World" hits the beats

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Are you talking about polyandry? Because that's a tag here.
Also, my story is number 1 in the polyandry tag. Please be sure to leave me a one-star rating!

Plantorsomething

Title says it all. Anything that is in the same vein as World Of Moral Reversal.

Not interested in the sex part. I'm interested in the reversal of gender roles and what the results might be. So any suggestions you have might be of help. I already did a search of "Reverse" and "reversal" on SH and exhausted those options.
I read a doujin with this exact plot

TheEldritchGod

Are you talking about polyandry? Because that's a tag here.
No. I'm talking about not a full on flip where guys wear dresses and women grow beards, but a world where women are the ones who chase, and men are the ones who are chased. A society where men are the ones who decide if the woman gets to have sex, but the women are the ones who decide if there is going to be a relationship.

For example, in my story, nobody cares about women's breasts. They are simply not considered to be something sexual. They are just... breasts. Now, a really hot guy with his shirt off can be admired by women in our world, true, but it's not like they immediately get wet seeing a guy with his shirt off, where as if you saw a young, beautiful woman in our world with impossibly perfect, gravity defying breasts, most heterosexual males would rise to the occasion.

In Reversed Morality World, Yes, guys can admire nice breasts, but if a girl walks around with her shirt off and forgot her bra, NBD. A shirtless girl with saggy tits is basically a fat guy in our world with his shirt off. In fact, in my version, being sexual stimulated by breasts is usually a fetish for lesbians. It is right up there with being sexually stimulated by sniffing armpits or licking feet. Yes, there are people turned on by that sort of thing, but their viewed as freaks. A man being turned on by boobs is just plain bizarre.

Not that I'm kink shaming here. I try to be balanced in how I present things. If I can, I try to show the pros and cons of anything I reverse. I live by the policy, if you aren't hurting anyone, and everyone involved is a consenting ADULT, and you don't shove it in my face, go with your bad self/none of my business. I'm a firm believer in that Apathy will save the world. How many wars could have been avoided if the people involved just didn't give a shit?

But I digress.

Another example is, Instead of T&A (Tits and Ass) being what a guy likes in a girl, it's A&A (Arms and Ass) for what a girl looks in a guy. Which, BTW, is historically accurate if you look at... I want to say... Greeks/romans. But don't quote me. But it's not exposed arms, so much as arms with rolled up sleeves.

Like how a woman with shorts on isn't nearly as sexy in the 1800 as a woman who pulled her skirt up to show off her ankles. It isn't SEEING the ankles, but how the ankles are presented. The woman in shorts is definitely showing much more leg than the girl who merely hikes up her skirt enough to show off her feet, but the WAY the feet are revealed by hiking up a skirt is far more scandelous, and therefore "FORBIDDEN", thus far more arousing.

So, by the same logic:
Man with rolled up sleeves > Man in short sleeve shirt > Man in long sleeves

AM I OVERTHINKING THIS WAY TOO MUCH?
You Betcha!

But that's the whole point of this. To try and be as accurate as possible using as many real world examples as I can to properly extrapolate what sort of strange social mores would exist in the given paradigm I have established for Flip The Script.

I hope that clarifies what sort of story I am looking for. Less Gender bender, more Role Reversal.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
No. I'm talking about not a full on flip where guys wear dresses and women grow beards, but a world where women are the ones who chase, and men are the ones who are chased. A society where men are the ones who decide if the woman gets to have sex, but the women are the ones who decide if there is going to be a relationship.

For example, in my story, nobody cares about women's breasts. They are simply not considered to be something sexual. They are just... breasts. Now, a really hot guy with his shirt off can be admired by women in our world, true, but it's not like they immediately get wet seeing a guy with his shirt off, where as if you saw a young, beautiful woman in our world with impossibly perfect, gravity defying breasts, most heterosexual males would rise to the occasion.

In Reversed Morality World, Yes, guys can admire nice breasts, but if a girl walks around with her shirt off and forgot her bra, NBD. A shirtless girl with saggy tits is basically a fat guy in our world with his shirt off. In fact, in my version, being sexual stimulated by breasts is usually a fetish for lesbians. It is right up there with being sexually stimulated by sniffing armpits or licking feet. Yes, there are people turned on by that sort of thing, but their viewed as freaks. A man being turned on by boobs is just plain bizarre.

Not that I'm kink shaming here. I try to be balanced in how I present things. If I can, I try to show the pros and cons of anything I reverse. I live by the policy, if you aren't hurting anyone, and everyone involved is a consenting ADULT, and you don't shove it in my face, go with your bad self/none of my business. I'm a firm believer in that Apathy will save the world. How many wars could have been avoided if the people involved just didn't give a shit?

But I digress.

Another example is, Instead of T&A (Tits and Ass) being what a guy likes in a girl, it's A&A (Arms and Ass) for what a girl looks in a guy. Which, BTW, is historically accurate if you look at... I want to say... Greeks/romans. But don't quote me. But it's not exposed arms, so much as arms with rolled up sleeves.

Like how a woman with shorts on isn't nearly as sexy in the 1800 as a woman who pulled her skirt up to show off her ankles. It isn't SEEING the ankles, but how the ankles are presented. The woman in shorts is definitely showing much more leg than the girl who merely hikes up her skirt enough to show off her feet, but the WAY the feet are revealed by hiking up a skirt is far more scandelous, and therefore "FORBIDDEN", thus far more arousing.

So, by the same logic:
Man with rolled up sleeves > Man in short sleeve shirt > Man in long sleeves

AM I OVERTHINKING THIS WAY TOO MUCH?
You Betcha!

But that's the whole point of this. To try and be as accurate as possible using as many real world examples as I can to properly extrapolate what sort of strange social mores would exist in the given paradigm I have established for Flip The Script.

I hope that clarifies what sort of story I am looking for. Less Gender bender, more Role Reversal.
I see! Do males also do the breastfeeding? It is biologically possible, though difficult:
Or are you more into a fantasy setting where male pregnancy is normal?

TheEldritchGod

I see! Do males also do the breastfeeding? It is biologically possible, though difficult:
Well...
Learn something new every day.

Or are you more into a fantasy setting where male pregnancy is normal?
Actually I'm basing the story as a fanfic set in the world of The World OF Moral Reversal. I am constrained by the rules set up in the source material, and by the rules of the source material, biologically, nothing has changed. Men are still men, Women are still women. It is the social expectiations that changed.

The Original Author never came up with a reason.

I extrapolated that the plant known as Silphium, a naturally occurring form of birth control, that went extinct before the birth of Christ never did. Instead Cyrene was conquered by the Roman empire and Silphium became a cash crop that was eventually exported all over the world, given its weed like growing potential. This resulted in Birth control for women being available in every part of the world by 800 AD, including Japan. The resulting shift in social mores came about because women were free to have sex. Combine this with the fact that men are only biologically horny between puberty and about age 20-25. After that, "horny" is a state of mind. if a man refrains from masturbation or any form of recreational stimulation of his sex organs, the average male's sex drive will crater after the testosterone surge ends.

Thus women became socially and mentally conditioned to be "horny" and men banded together to socially shame one another to refrain from sex. Thus men became the ones who decided if sex happens, but women became the ones who decided if there is a relationship.

Not... EXACTLY a likely outcome, but a possible outcome and thus the justification for the mirrored aspects of my setting.

Note, this theory does not exist in the original source material.

YES. I researched Ancient Roman Birth control to create the foundational mythos of my setting. I'm crazy like that.

Have you found it yet cuz the plot is very interesting

melchi

What is a custom title?
The hexer arc for the mech touch is basically an empire where women dominate. Men are not even allowed to be called men. They are all called boys. Males are genetically altered to never grow taller than women so they know their place. It isn't the main thing though about the book and the hexers don't really show up until after a thousand or so chapters.