Stories with summaries as the title

Ral

I don't really mind long titles that is practically the concept of the story spelled out. It is not as if this is something new or a modern concept (example: Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life and Shakespeare's The Most Excellent and Lamentable Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet).

If it works, it works. It is not as if you are reading something for its title alone.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
Another reason I like summary titles is because I like "lighthearted" and casual stories.
Long but simple titles communicate that feeling to me more than 1-3 word "deep" titles. It implies to me that the author won't try to do something revolutionary, try to be too deep, and will generally give me a happy experience.
My title is pretty misleading if you look at it like that...

TheHelpfulFawn

A small animal that helps you with your groceries
I think it’s fucking lazy and a mouthful to say at times. Plus it doesn’t show me a lot of creativity, but then again I could be boring.

kola

Titles are challenging many times; that why for my second story, I first borrowed it by just adding 'revisited (R-18)'. But soon realized that my second story might have been running on first but has long left it in the background. And now the title for the second-story it only 'Other-Worldly King(R-18)'.

But to tell you guys the truth, the 'King' in the story is miles away if you search for it...now and will come in the future as I have planned the story.

shiopan

Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection
I thought it's a scientific journal? Most scientific journals do have long-ass titles.

OvidLemma

I thought it's a scientific journal? Most scientific journals do have long-ass titles.
Technically, it's a scientific monograph. They were a lot more common back then. These days, if it's not in a journal article, it practically doesn't count.

Luxferion

This could be because of anime itself which then made way for manga and then lightnovels as in ppeople getting new places to find similar things per se.And japan spends a lot on them.To make anime one of their greatest assets, which, many other animes are adapted.But then again it depends on profit.But it's because of the ads and animes mostly and as people who like that are more prone to like novels with such titles.Even thou many have no plot or filled with cliche nonsense.And there is a relative increase on popularity in anime.But it has its downsides and upsides. Hope I answered this..just what I think.Correct me anywhere if wrong.