Stories you just get addicted to.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
So I've been off the internet for about a week, and doing pretty much nothing except reading Re:Zero. I managed to complete arc 4 and am now on chapter 37 of arc 5, and I gotta say, this story will not let me go. I finally managed to stop reading for a moment and got back to writing, but I'm probably going to get back to reading again once I finish my chapter.

So, has anyone ever been addicted to a series to the point they don't do anything except reading it. I mean, I got addicted to it to the point I straight up didn't eat for three days. Just me?

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
One time I decided to read a whole 150k word story in one night instead of sleeping. Was glad I didn't schedule classes the next day.

I'm a very slow reader.

BackWoodsJ_ACK

Birbs, dog, and burbers
A Chinese novel by the name: A step into the past. Read it non stop for about 2 weeks from start till end.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
I'm in the same boat. I've become obsessed with 86 for a while now. Watched the anime, collected all the books, and have read all but one of them

Missivist

Always, but at least it made me learn to read fast. One day in grade 5 or 6 I got sick and spent the day at home in bed. Read all three volumes of LOTR before sleep. (Re-read actually; it was not my first time through the series)

Forestbear

Coiling Dragon did that to me the first time. Its hot or miss nowadays.

ASHARA

So I've been off the internet for about a week, and doing pretty much nothing except reading Re:Zero. I managed to complete arc 4 and am now on chapter 37 of arc 5, and I gotta say, this story will not let me go. I finally managed to stop reading for a moment and got back to writing, but I'm probably going to get back to reading again once I finish my chapter.

So, has anyone ever been addicted to a series to the point they don't do anything except reading it. I mean, I got addicted to it to the point I straight up didn't eat for three days. Just me?
True Martial world and the A Song Of Ice and Fire series have done way worse to me. Can't enjoy smaller stories, need at least 400K+ words before even comitting to anything.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
Sometimes that happened. Even when the novel isn't that great I cannot help sometimes but just keep on reading for closure.

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
People on drugs telling their life story
Trust me bro

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I haven't read like that since the summers before I turned 18.

J_Chemist

There's a book called "Three" by Jay Posey. I was hooked by the third page and read the entire trilogy in a weekend. It was everything I'd been looking for at the time and has been a huge influence on my current writing.

It happened again with the story "Outriders". Something about Jay's writing style hooks me and every time I grab a book by him, I tend to not want to put it down.

I was also addicted to the Halo books for a time, but I was also into everything Halo so when that phase was over, I kind of lost interest.

I'm an extremely picky reader. If the story isn't clicking well for me, or if I scrunch my nose one too many times for even the smallest details, I tend to form a very negative mindset. The book may be great and I might just be in a bad part of the plot, but once my brain drifts off, focusing back in is neigh impossible. The fact that addiction has happened twice with the same Author has me always on alert for his work.

melchi

What is a custom title?

I felt this way about I'm a spider so what? I watched the anime thinking it wouldn't be that great because of the animation quality. However the story quality really made up for that. What are there like 13 volumes now or something? Though the last 4 or so have almost no plot development but it is hard to let something go when there was such a good first impression.

It was similar with accel world. I thought the anime was a bit interesting. It takes a while to get past that author's terrible habit of over-explaining everything but it was really good up until the last couple volumes. The cast is so big now that most of the people seem so shallow. But at first it was really good. There are many volumes of that one too.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
A certain magical index. The book series has 70+ books in the main series and like 5 spinoffs. Super addicting to read. Funny and a compelling story. It's available to read free online too so that's a bonus. I ended up reading most of OT in a week.

If you haven't read it, this is what you would be jumping into.

Last edited: