Story rated 11 times for a nearly perfect score of 4.8 but no reviews?

tale_gunner

Just looking for some kindly advice from some of you Scribble Hub vets. The score seems to indicate people like my story "To Hell and Back, Volume One: Survival" well enough. I assume I must be doing something incorrectly to explain why no reviews? Any thoughts or feedback welcome. Cheers.

1598983610134.jpeg

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Reviews are really rare, you just have to stumble on a reader that actually does them, it's like a small group of people moving around. Or you can try asking after every chapter.

Just wait until you get on trending. You will get your lovely 1 stars then. :blob_evil_two: Personally, I suspect a cabal behind them sometimes, but that is just me.

So true it hurts. Few new 1 stars each time I appear there. And somehow it's every other day recently. Both a blessing and a curse :sweating_profusely:

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
I will do my very best to stick to my reader’s mission to leave a review if I think it deserves more than three stars. Let’s just pray karma will help me one day. Or maybe I’ll just sit here and procrastinate for the rest of eternity.

Kaguro

People just don't write reviews all that often.

There's one on this site w/ like 1.5 million views and only 6 reviews.

Last edited:

Leti

Reviews need to be accepted by moderators before it's available for public view. Since writing an actual review with criticism is time consuming and most moderators won't approve of one-liner sentences consisting solely of praise or content unrelated to the story, I don't see why people bother reviewing. Especially if there isn't enough information to left a review.

Suzumiya

People are just general too lazy to write reviews, when they have the choice to just leave a rating
Isn't that just the reality of things!

Had a job which involved filtering through client complaints through a transactional rating system the company used. (Lord, what misery that was.)

TL;DR of it was people can't be arsed!

Sometimes you get lucky though and a repeat client will let on that they had a negative experience with a fair description of why. (Needle in a haystack, them.)

As for if you're looking at discrepancies in ratings, like the numbers simply don't math up? Well, could be delay on the server or even just moderation hoobie-joobie!

Best of luck, then!