• Thread starter Deleted member 89995
  • Start date

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.

I guess this part's conclusion is based from your preferences, rather than the objective truth. Like characters, setting and plot, style is just one component/part of the story, and they work as a whole, rather than a separate, single element

I've gone through an exercise of trying to rate what aspects of storytelling are most important. Through all that effort, I have reached the obvious conclusion. They're all important, in near equal proportions. Favoring one to the detriment of the others will make for a poor story. You can, as an author, be particularly good at one aspect of a story and show more strength in that area, but you still need to dedicate significant effort to all other areas of story-telling

I disagree

Style is what gets eyes on your work.
"Story" is what keeps people invested in your work...

The truth is... you either got, or you haven't got style

NotOriginal

...I am just gonna say consistency. No point in a story if your not gonna finish it.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
You have it all wrong! The most important aspect of a story is that it caters to MY niche fetishes!!!

There is no aspect to end it all. Grammar and spelling, maybe but that's more of end yourself if not done. The most important aspect ist the synergy of different aspects

whitesculptor

The princess whispers & the keyboard clacks.
Writing a book is like cooking a soup, how many ingredients and spices you use is up to you. Abuse in one and the result won't be tasty.

Thief

I agree
I like
Free Ren yigu
Monster
Back to my dad's high school days
And ' life going wild with plug ins'
Mostly because of the authers style