SubscribeStar&Patreon

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
If you want to gather Patreon refugees then start a SubStar :blob_joy:

Besides that, I guess fees might be a little different, IIRC they have static 5%. And naturally, there should be a bit more users with the former as of today, but with all the controversies popping out from time to time, more people start switching because they feel hurt or wronged. Ah, and IIRC they don't use PayPal? Or did it change already?

Old_Man

So yeah, what's the pros and cons between these two?.
with subscribestar, you have an opportunity to appeal to the likes of myself. Without it, you get a paypal donation if I'm feeling generous. Patreon has been banning classical U.S. liberals (IE "political conservatives" in NewSpeak). they will never receive funds from myself.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
If you want to gather Patreon refugees then start a SubStar :blob_joy:

Besides that, I guess fees might be a little different, IIRC they have static 5%. And naturally, there should be a bit more users with the former as of today, but with all the controversies popping out from time to time, more people start switching because they feel hurt or wronged. Ah, and IIRC they don't use PayPal? Or did it change already?
with subscribestar, you have an opportunity to appeal to the likes of myself. Without it, you get a paypal donation if I'm feeling generous. Patreon has been banning classical U.S. liberals (IE "political conservatives" in NewSpeak). they will never receive funds from myself.

But does Patreon have more users?
Also, is it possible to link a PayPal account to Patreon or SubscribeStar? I've heard some people do that but I dont know if its true or even why they do it. They have a Patreon which funnels money into PayPal account rather than a bank account. They then get a debit card from PayPal and use that like a bank account instead of applying for one normally.

Is that still viable? I've never tried so I was wondering.