Successfully Dodging the Plot

Some time ago, I came across this story

I became really interested in premises about dodging the whole plot--mostly witnessing them from safe position. Mainly for Mob Protagonists.

What I'm looking for is, for example, someone got isekai'd and there's a huge war going on and they could successfully escape from the conflict's sphere of influence, while following the development from the people's talks etc.

Or in the KR Hunter novels, the MC happens to be a civilian with a keen sense of danger and able to keep moving their family to the safest place.

If it's a cultivation novel, the MC was just a low-key cultivator or even mortal and able to escape potential danger from conflict of interests.

The MC didn't really need to do anything special. Just staying away from trouble, surviving, and doing it successfully while the conspiracy unfolds. There'd be the actual MC's of that world to solve the grand problem, and our MC just need to make it in one piece. Even if they end up just dying from old age, it's okay.

WalkingInfinity

I know lots and lots where the main character is cautious, but of ones where they actually live up to their statements of not wanting to be involved in the plot or truly avoiding it? I'm thinking and thinking and honestly can't find one example of them not inserting themselves smack dab in the middle of the plot through one means or another, be it greed, love, intent to grow strong or fate (the author) literally forcing them into it.

Honestly we seriously need some where the avoider actually succeeds in avoiding. Thanks for pointing that one out as I do believe it is the only one I know where it really gets avoided. And please if anyone else knows any I second this request.