Suggestion

SailusGebel

@Tony Can we please get the guidelines for religions? because this kind of novel makes me iffy.
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/176873/islamic-kingdom-of-indonesia/
If you are talking about guidelines regarding religion, then what should we do about the things that replace religion? Also, bringing your religion and depicting how cool it is, is a way to show your love for the said religion doesn't it? I mean, not everything is propaganda. Not everyone is pro published authors, some people just want to share the love for the thing they are depicting. Also, do mind that we live in different countries, and have different mentalities. So what you find offensive, is absolutely normal for others and vice versa. I don't like gender-bender stuff or LGBTQ stuff. Not that I hate it, I just don't understand it and it isn't interesting to me. Thus I ignore it. However, in my country, it's a very sensitive topic. Does that mean I should ask for regulations about this as well? Or I should just continue to ignore it?

Here is your quote: "Religion is a sacred issue just like Race and Ethnicity , You can bring them as long as it on the right portion". I won't talk about the first part. I want to talk about the second part. Who defines what the right and the wrong? In this case, you probably want yourself to be the one deciding it? Or you want administrators to be the ones to do it? Then what will happen if the guidelines remain unchanged? You will leave the site or you would just close your eyes on the novels that irk you?

Another quote: "As what I just wanted is a rule/regulation/ or a line about how much Real World Sensitive issues that can be brought down into the novels. Because that's a very sensitive topic." Does that mean that we should never talk about anything sensitive or gloss over it? Well, certainly it sounds like a good idea, but what would happen if the number of sensitive topics increases? Or the person in charge of what is, and what isn't a sensitive topic has morals that don't align with yours?

What I want to say, is solely my opinion. But every restriction, every guideline or ban, sounds good until it's in the hand of the wrong people. So I would rather have full freedom in this type of situation, than trying to bend my imagination to someone else's will. I mean, I choose to post on the scribblehub first, exactly because it has such lenient rules and guidelines.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
You don't understand what my post meant.

I mean the content guidelines are created based on USA law to protect the website from legal issues that come from illegal content.

So, on what grounds are you demanding a guideline on religion in fiction or whatever heck? Quote a USA law to support your claim.
There is no US Law that would stop anyone from posting about anything Islamic As much as Islam isn't very well accepted here, it is still accepted and protected by law. I myself dislike Islam but I would still defend it from being attacked and removed from legal protection if it came to it because that would just open a massive can of bullshit that wouldn't end until only Christianity remained.

And I like Christianity about as much as I like Islam. None at all. So its best to protect all belief systems and not just whatever we might happen to like because the alternative is far worse. Dumb motherfuckers never seem to understand that extremely simple concept. They seem to think that if you get rid of one issue, then its over. No. It's never just over. Once you set a fucking precedent, it will be milked and milked and milked and fucking milked some more until it has become so fucking extreme that the original purpose has long since been lost.

Humanity as a whole does not compromise or accept half or partial measures very often, and if they do, it's only a temporary fix. We are a contentious people. We like what we like and most of us are ready and willing to become violent if we think we can succeed with it and get what we want at the end of the episode. This isn't being pessimistic. This is being realistic. It is our history. ALL of our collective histories. So whiny little shits need to shut the fuck up trying to impose SOMETHING ELSE and just be happy with the freedom that is allowed and protected.

Goddamn people, never fucking satisfied. This is why aliens aren't speaking to us. Because they're smart.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
INDEEED!!! That's the reason why peoples accepted it even when it got exposed in the anime. They just bring it on the right portion by not depicting it into something great. IT's just a religion. AND I TOTALLY AGREE.
"religious propaganda camouflaged as novels" this is what i want to say, it's on my mind but i just can't type it thank you.
For banning, I don't know about that and no comment. As what I just wanted is a rule/regulation/ or a line about how much Real World Sensitive issues that can be brought down into the novels. Because that's a very sensitive topic.
You should go to bookstores more often. Religious Propaganda camouflaged as a novel are sold in bookstores all the time, it's not uncommon at all.

And guess what? Nobody cares. Because the people that wanna read said religious propaganda will buy it, the people that won't... Won't.

You can't hit people with religious propaganda when they are in the form of a book. The people uninterested in it plain and simply won't read it. It's that simple.

AkalE

I will try to give the OP some perspective on the issue.

You are seeking guidelines to regulate writings that contain IRL religious leanings.

The reason why most people are opposed to the idea is because it is a limitation on the freedom. Nobody is asking you to read that story. Just like nobody is asking you to read stories with smut or harem.

On the one hand the current system gives you the opportunity to outright ignore things that you don't like, while in the other you are giving away your own freedom to choose and letting someone else decide what is good for you. Do you see why it is more productive to just allow readers to ignore religious material?

Now, I saw this comment.
Bro just leave your one star and go
And this legit looks like the best way you anyone or the community to show their distaste for a particular genre or a particular author.

But you seem to be against it. Although you have said it multiple times that you do not know about banning or outright saying that you do not want a ban for stories like this (instances provided in the quotes below) it seems only a strict ban would satisfy.
For banning, I don't know about that and no comment. As what I just wanted is a rule/regulation/ or a line about how much Real World Sensitive issues that can be brought down into the novels. Because that's a very sensitive topic

I am not a religious person myself, but credit where it's due. None of the mythologies and stories you read would exist without the religious stories. So we might as well curb our secularism a little.

Let people write what they want and you can read, rate, review or hell NOT READ what you want. That seems like a perfect win win.

Thank you, i'm also not into banning. I just want a rule as I stated above. And I'm not the author/I know the author was. Because in Indonesia, Brainwashing is a easy task, just bring them up into a religious school for their entire teenage life and teach them what's wrong what's right, that's why I'm worried about this type of novel. Religious Propaganda Literature is something I would never accept.

On another note, hippes have done more than you give them credit for. For one they ended the Vietnam war. So...
I agree, we do need guidelines. If people want to be free, just look at the hippies did they got something in their life? (They do got some weed and drugs, so if you want to have your life fucked up just be free and don't follow the rules). What's freedom without peace and more conflicts.

Also, on another note I legit want to ask this. You asked 'what is freedom without peace and more conflict'

Seriously, I will take freedom in a chaotic world rather than peace through the muzzle of a gun.
This is some dystopian thinking my man. We as a society uphold dissent and conflict of ideas and thoughts. That is democracy in a nutshell.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I will try to give the OP some perspective on the issue.

You are seeking guidelines to regulate writings that contain IRL religious leanings.

The reason why most people are opposed to the idea is because it is a limitation on the freedom. Nobody is asking you to read that story. Just like nobody is asking you to read stories with smut or harem.

On the one hand the current system gives you the opportunity to outright ignore things that you don't like, while in the other you are giving away your own freedom to choose and letting someone else decide what is good for you. Do you see why it is more productive to just allow readers to ignore religious material?

Now, I saw this comment.

And this legit looks like the best way you anyone or the community to show their distaste for a particular genre or a particular author.

But you seem to be against it. Although you have said it multiple times that you do not know about banning or outright saying that you do not want a ban for stories like this (instances provided in the quotes below) it seems only a strict ban would satisfy.

I am not a religious person myself, but credit where it's due. None of the mythologies and stories you read would exist without the religious stories. So we might as well curb our secularism a little.

Let people write what they want and you can read, rate, review or hell NOT READ what you want. That seems like a perfect win win.

On another note, hippes have done more than you give them credit for. For one they ended the Vietnam war. So...

Also, on another note I legit want to ask this. You asked 'what is freedom without peace and more conflict'

Seriously, I will take freedom in a chaotic world rather than peace through the muzzle of a gun.
This is some dystopian thinking my man. We as a society uphold dissent and conflict of ideas and thoughts. That is democracy in a nutshell.

"Seriously, I will take freedom in a chaotic world rather than peace through the muzzle of a gun."

Damn dude that was a sick line. How heavy are those balls of yours because I swear they must've grown a size or two. What a boss. You win the internet for the day.