Suggestion

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
You do bring up religion, but you don't depict how great they are, that's totally still on acceptable line. But the author here depicts it differently.
Thanky! I'd still like a one-star rating if you're up for it 😇

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
@Sayasiapa You are just salty bruh because you are Jewish, and with all this toxic accusation you've got just because you can't make a missionary-looking novel like Mr. R5Rakitan, bruh, I know you just mad because you can't be a priest and steal all the money as you grace all people with the words in a book called the bible, or maybe because you are the messenger of messiah and you can't stand religions because you are a weeb, my boy, bababababooooy, twomad is mad at you and so do my raging nut.
It's Mrs.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Do you know that Japan can actually spread out Shintoism by depicting them as something great in anime/manga/LN that consumed by people around the world? but why they don't do it?.
Japan is not a religious country, they have no reason to actively try spreading a religion that isn't even strongly believed in by their very citizens.

Also, Shintoism is depicted semi-regularly in anime and nobody really cares.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Shintoism is used in anime exactly like they use Christianity: the cool factor. Most consumers of anime are otaku who don't have much contact with religion and could give two ducks about Shintoism.

How the fuck do you know that there isn't some hyper Shinto-rabid fan writing Shinto-world-domination fics in Syosetu? It's not like the novel you're bashing is an anime or something.

@AliceShiki Also, the person above you double-posted. :blob_hide:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Shintoism is used in anime exactly like they use Christianity: the cool factor. Most consumers of anime are otaku who don't have much contact with religion and could give two ducks about Shintoism.

How the fuck do you know that there isn't some hyper Shinto-rabid fan writing Shinto-world-domination fics in Syosetu? It's not like the novel you're bashing is an anime or something.

Ah, I only get seriously annoyed when someone double posts a ton of times or triple posts.

To double posts I just turn a blind-eye towards. I once annoyed a mod on NUF by making too many reports of double posts, so I dialed it down a bit after that... >.>

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
So if I understand correctly this thread about religious propaganda camouflaged as novels? :blob_cookie: And that we should potentially ban them?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Yeah, this is also what Iran/Irak people say before ISIS brainwashed their kids. (tHiS iS JuST LiTeRATurE it wOn'T MAkE uS BecOMe exTRemiST (Totally Right GOOD JOB)). Do you know that Japan can actually spread out Shintoism by depicting them as something great in anime/manga/LN that consumed by people around the world? but why they don't do it?.
i want you to understand that this whole thread is entirely based on a fictional story that's too exposition heavy for its own good that contains spin offs of religious content too unfit for consumption in our modest OP's opinion

let me rephrase that so you could understand better

a random story with 10 one stars is flaming OP's jimmies because it contains fictional no no based on real life religion

and you're comparing it to ISIS

what's next? Harry Potter promotes witchcraft and Little Hungry Caterpillar brainwashes children into bad eating habits?

Arkus86

I admit as a history fanatic myself the novel is interesting.

But bruh, it feels like I'm reading a missionary novel. In my entire life, even if I'm shameless as fuck I wouldn't bring my religion into a novel to make people saw it so great. I wouldn't make a novel about a missionary from Italy bringing Bible to the Arabs and make them Christian while saying "LONG LIVE JESUS, GOD IS GREAT. MOTHER MARY IS GREAT".

Here's some text from the novel,

After a week in Sunda Kelapa, the invited guests withdrew to their respective regions and began to introduce the Indonesian Caliphate to its citizens in their region. The capital city of this country is the city of Bogor, with the area, the Malay peninsula, Sumatra, Java, Kalimantan, Sulawesi, Maluku, and the Lesser Sunda Islands as the starting area.

August 17, 1521 the establishment of the Indonesian Caliphate, its territory quickly expanded to Burma Myanmar, Khmer Cambodia, and Champa.
When the country was 79 years old in 1600 AD, Diplomats from the Ming Dynasty wanted to establish political relations with the Indonesian Caliphate. Since then the Indonesian Caliphate is famous for its rapidly growing military, the Navy as the second strongest navy in Asia after the Ming Dynasty, and after that is Tokugawa Ieyasu which is none other than Japan.
"Luckily we have a very wise leader, I wish the Caliph a long life!" One The people of the city of Sunda Kelapa or Jayakarta made people follow him who praised the Caliph Muhammad Al-Fatih.
“Long live the Caliph! Allah is the Greatest! Allah is the Greatest! Allah is the Greatest!" Starting from the community Jayakarta city residents penetrated all parts of Indonesia until they heard the Ming dynasty in mainland China.
“Long live the Caliph! Allah is the Greatest! Allah is the Greatest! Allah is the Greatest!"
“Long live the Caliph! Allah is the Greatest! Allah is the Greatest! Allah is the Greatest!" that voice continued to reverberate nineteen times and this event became an important history of a prosperous Indonesian Caliphate.
(I remind you once again! This is fictitious! Only my dream as a writer, sorry if anyone protests but this is only for entertainment).

You maybe won't understand how I feel iffy about this so let me change it.

After a week in Jacksonville, the invited guests withdrew to their respective regions and began to introduce the America Caliphate to its citizens in their region. The capital city of this country is the city of Jacksonville, with the area, Texas, Lousiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina as the starting area.

August 17, 1521 the establishment of the American Caliphate, its territory quickly expanded to California, New York, Montana, and even Washington. It's basically covered up the entire USA

When the country was 79 years old in 1600 AD, Diplomats from the Ming Dynasty wanted to establish political relations with the American Caliphate. Since then the American Caliphate is famous for its rapidly growing military, the Navy as the second strongest navy in America after the Ming Dynasty, and after that is Tokugawa Ieyasu which is none other than Japan.
"Luckily we have a very wise leader, I wish the Caliph a long life!" One The people of the city of Jacksonville made people follow him who praised the Caliph Muhammad Al-Fatih.
“Long live the Caliph! Allah is the Greatest! Allah is the Greatest! Allah is the Greatest!" Starting from the community Jacksonville city residents penetrated all parts of America until they heard the Ming dynasty in mainland China.
“Long live the Caliph! Allah is the Greatest! Allah is the Greatest! Allah is the Greatest!"
“Long live the Caliph! Allah is the Greatest! Allah is the Greatest! Allah is the Greatest!" that voice continued to reverberate nineteen times and this event became an important history of a prosperous American Caliphate.
(I remind you once again! This is fictitious! Only my dream as a writer, sorry if anyone protests but this is only for entertainment).

I can name another part that makes me iffy but I'm too lazy (so you should read it yourself). I strongly think that bringing your religion into a novel is a stupid decision, This type of novel should be kept on yourself and not published.
Yeah, I can see how people would have problem with this.
Still, I'm not convinced outright banning this kind of work is the right idea, or even where you would draw the line.

AkalE

First of all, thanks for the content. I was worried SHF was dying.
Moving on,
@Tony Can we please get the guidelines for religions? because this kind of novel makes me iffy.
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/176873/islamic-kingdom-of-indonesia/

I do not think stories should be banned on the basis of containing religious overtones. Just look at Supernatural or Lucifer. It definately promotes Christianity and at times even shits on other religions.
But this was something that I had mentioned in a different SHF thread. The author of the story should not crib if they receive 1star ratings or reviews. Stories with religious leanings can upset certain readers and it is absolutely acceptable and not trolls.

RaidenInfinity

One who draws catgirls
Quote a law of the United States of America, where SH and SHF are operated in, that demands the need for a guideline on religions. We'll wait.

Just like how underage sex, bestiality, and necrophilia are illegal thus such content are banned.

Last edited:

Jalapanos

Japan is not a religious country, they have no reason to actively try spreading a religion that isn't even strongly believed in by their very citizens.

Also, Shintoism is depicted semi-regularly in anime and nobody really cares.
INDEEED!!! That's the reason why peoples accepted it even when it got exposed in the anime. They just bring it on the right portion by not depicting it into something great. IT's just a religion. AND I TOTALLY AGREE.

True, I support the religion cool-factor in novels more religion diversity makes the novel interesting. But the novel here doesn't do that. Please kindly read it first before commenting.

i want you to understand that this whole thread is entirely based on a fictional story that's too exposition heavy for its own good that contains spin offs of religious content too unfit for consumption in our modest OP's opinion

let me rephrase that so you could understand better

a random story with 10 one stars is flaming OP's jimmies because it contains fictional no no based on real life religion

and you're comparing it to ISIS

what's next? Harry Potter promotes witchcraft and Little Hungry Caterpillar brainwashes children into bad eating habits?
*sigh*.... I'm not comparing it to ISIS. it's just an example of something small can become big problems in the future. I'm sorry if you don't get it because I use ISIS which connected to Moslem. There's need a line to halt this type of novel (NOT BANNING) same as rule to have a weapons to protect yourself, there's a rule regulated for that.

So if I understand correctly this thread about religious propaganda camouflaged as novels? :blob_cookie: And that we should potentially ban them?
"religious propaganda camouflaged as novels" this is what i want to say, it's on my mind but i just can't type it thank you.
For banning, I don't know about that and no comment. As what I just wanted is a rule/regulation/ or a line about how much Real World Sensitive issues that can be brought down into the novels. Because that's a very sensitive topic.

Yeah, I can see how people would have problem with this.
Still, I'm not convinced outright banning this kind of work is the right idea, or even where you would draw the line.
Thank you, i'm also not into banning. I just want a rule as I stated above.

First of all, thanks for the content. I was worried SHF was dying.
Moving on,

I do not think stories should be banned on the basis of containing religious overtones. Just look at Supernatural or Lucifer. It definately promotes Christianity and at times even shits on other religions.
But this was something that I had mentioned in a different SHF thread. The author of the story should not crib if they receive 1star ratings or reviews. Stories with religious leanings can upset certain readers and it is absolutely acceptable and not trolls.
Thank you, i'm also not into banning. I just want a rule as I stated above. And I'm not the author/I know the author was. Because in Indonesia, Brainwashing is a easy task, just bring them up into a religious school for their entire teenage life and teach them what's wrong what's right, that's why I'm worried about this type of novel. Religious Propaganda Literature is something I would never accept.

Quote a law of the United States of America, where SH and SHF are operated in, that demands the need for a guideline on religions. We'll wait.

Just like how underage sex, bestiality, and necrophilia are illegal thus such content are banned.
I agree, we do need guidelines. If people want to be free, just look at the hippies did they got something in their life? (They do got some weed and drugs, so if you want to have your life fucked up just be free and don't follow the rules). What's freedom without peace and more conflicts.

Bro just leave your one star and go
No, I don't know what you called in English but in Indonesia, we got something called SARA(Suku, Agama, Ras, dan Antar Golongan) that translated into ethnicity, religion, race, and inter-group relations. These issues can't be taken lightly because it would become a HUGE PROBLEM.

BenJepheneT

*sigh*.... I'm not comparing it to ISIS. it's just an example of something small can become big problems in the future. I'm sorry if you don't get it because I use ISIS which connected to Moslem. There's need a line to halt this type of novel (NOT BANNING) same as rule to have a weapons to protect yourself, there's a rule regulated for that.
I always thought America was the only country with the "my culture is the whole world's culture" mindset. Turns out there's more people like that in the eastern side of things.

My guy, let me get this straight for you; if we're this easily influenced by media to do whatever we see fit, we would've shot up cinemas when Joker was screened. But not, look at us, we're still fine. We haven't went around killing anybody or preaching any beliefs just because some shmuck in a novel was praised as a hero by doing so.

No, I don't know what you called in English but in Indonesia, we got something called SARA(Suku, Agama, Ras, dan Antar Golongan) that translated into ethnicity, religion, race, and inter-group relations. These issues can't be taken lightly because it would become a HUGE PROBLEM.
It won't become a HUGE PROBLEM if you TAKE IT LIGHTLY. If you want something to lose influence, you laugh at the thing and treat it as inconsequential as possible. You don't prop it up as some cultural damnation that will send us all to hell; you're just giving it the power you so desperately want it to NOT HAVE.

Jalapanos

I always thought America was the only country with the "my culture is the whole world's culture" mindset. Turns out there's more people like that in the eastern side of things.

My guy, let me get this straight for you; if we're this easily influenced by media to do whatever we see fit, we would've shot up cinemas when Joker was screened. But not, look at us, we're still fine. We haven't went around killing anybody or preaching any beliefs just because some shmuck in a novel was praised as a hero by doing so.

It won't become a HUGE PROBLEM if you TAKE IT LIGHTLY. If you want something to lose influence, you laugh at the thing and treat it as inconsequential as possible. You don't prop it up as some cultural damnation that will send us all to hell; you're just giving it the power you so desperately want it to NOT HAVE.
well, thank your for sharing your view about this matter. I lived in Indonesia that have so fucking many culture and ethnicity, and we respect each other. BUT FOR FUCK SAKE WE DON'T ACCEPT ANY PROPAGANDA ABOUT A RELIGION.

Edit" Oh yeah ben, I just read your thread about cuties. Why you don't treat it as something lightly hm? that's a stupid argument coming from your dirty mouth.

Last edited:

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
INDEEED!!! That's the reason why peoples accepted it even when it got exposed in the anime. They just bring it on the right portion by not depicting it into something great. IT's just a religion. AND I TOTALLY AGREE.

True, I support the religion cool-factor in novels more religion diversity makes the novel interesting. But the novel here doesn't do that. Please kindly read it first before commenting.

"religious propaganda camouflaged as novels" this is what i want to say, it's on my mind but i just can't type it thank you.
For banning, I don't know about that and no comment. As what I just wanted is a rule/regulation/ or a line about how much Real World Sensitive issues that can be brought down into the novels. Because that's a very sensitive topic.

Thank you, i'm also not into banning. I just want a rule as I stated above.

Thank you, i'm also not into banning. I just want a rule as I stated above. And I'm not the author/I know the author was. Because in Indonesia, Brainwashing is a easy task, just bring them up into a religious school for their entire teenage life and teach them what's wrong what's right, that's why I'm worried about this type of novel. Religious Propaganda Literature is something I would never accept.

I agree, we do need guidelines. If people want to be free, just look at the hippies did they got something in their life? (They do got some weed and drugs, so if you want to have your life fucked up just be free and don't follow the rules). What's freedom without peace and more conflicts.

Hmm, I would need to check the story out if it promotes religious fanaticism of any sort. :blob_cookie: And if the author does so repeatedly and deliberately.

As for laws, you could probably construct something with the Freedom act if you are creative and frame this as passive support of international terrorism.

BenJepheneT

well, thank your for sharing your view about this matter. I lived in Indonesia that have so fucking many culture and ethnicity, and we respect each other. BUT FOR FUCK SAKE WE DON'T ACCEPT ANY PROPAGANDA ABOUT A RELIGION.

Edit" Oh yeah ben, I just read your thread about cuties. Why you don't treat it as something lightly hm? that's a stupid argument coming from your dirty mouth.
We treat potential propaganda as lightly as possible because we don't want it to spread. That does not apply to pedophilia because pedophilia HAS HAPPENED TO SOMEBODY. You treat the main inspiration as lightly as possible so that it wouldn't influence the subjects. You treat the actual crime as serious as possible because IT'S AN ACTUAL CRIME.

I too, live in Southeast Asia where culture and diversity is as far as the eye can see. YOU are the type of people that makes religion such a sore subject to talk about in our daily lives because it's always taken so seriously. You're so caught up in trying to "respect" each other's culture that you made it a taboo in of itself.

If it's a propaganda let it be a propaganda. We're not so much as sheep that we instantly believe whatever we hear. So stop policing what we should or shouldn't read, because we are capable enough to filter words with our own opinions.

RaidenInfinity

One who draws catgirls
You don't understand what my post meant.

I mean the content guidelines are created based on USA law to protect the website from legal issues that come from illegal content.

So, on what grounds are you demanding a guideline on religion in fiction or whatever heck? Quote a USA law to support your claim.

Last edited: