Sunset's Art Thread?

Thorkell_40k

Digital painting? How is it different from other digital coloring styles? Sorry, I'm quite clueless about art myself since I just started trying to learn seriously last year.

Currently, I'm looking at Cel Shading, so I want to know how digital painting works. I probably need a tablet for that, right? Looks like I need to get one soon :sweat_smile:

I'm personally looking for something like these for my colors, but I'm open to learning new things too.

I don't think it's must for a tablet to do that 🤔 But it's better with it! 😁 Using finger can help too!!!
Your drawing is AWESOME!!!! 😍 You have improved so much!!!!! The uniform is amazing and suits the style!!

EternalSunset0

Time to bump the thread a bit (and procrastinate on writing volume 6) by showing some quick sketches of what's going to be some of the volume's Glossary profile pics.

Last edited:

Katsuya

Figured it's about as good of a time to share my art here. Been drawing on and off for quite some time, but the quarantine at the midpoint of the year got me into trying to learn drawing seriously. That and writing my own story and getting inspiration from wanting to draw my own characters out. I can only do traditional pencil and paper art, but I'll be learning how to convert them into digital drawings for me to color.

For now, here are some works that I have.

Tsugumi Hazawa (Bang Dream)

Mash Kyrielight (FGO)

Rin Hashima (Vanguard G)

I believe I have shared this in some other thread, but here are two side characters from my story: Akane Fujiwara and Sayori Misawa (who don't even appear much until volume 2 lol).
Oh~ looking good. Did you draw those characters on your seires?
Digital painting? How is it different from other digital coloring styles? Sorry, I'm quite clueless about art myself since I just started trying to learn seriously last year.

Currently, I'm looking at Cel Shading, so I want to know how digital painting works. I probably need a tablet for that, right? Looks like I need to get one soon :sweat_smile:

I'm personally looking for something like these for my colors, but I'm open to learning new things too.

DATE A LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Akashic was also pretty good.

Katsuya

Yep, almost all art in this thread are from my series and I drew them all.

Some of my favorites.
Dang~ that cool

Indeed, date a live sure is. seen it like twice. seen 1st season like 3 or more times. lol. can't wait for next season.

EternalSunset0

Dang~ that cool

Indeed, date a live sure is. seen it like twice. seen 1st season like 3 or more times. lol. can't wait for next season.
I actually find the third season the most entertaining in terms of arcs covered. Now if only the art/animation wasn't so inconsistent. Looking forward to S4. I hope they finally air it because it's been delayed like thrice already.

Katsuya

I actually find the third season the most entertaining in terms of arcs covered. Now if only the art/animation wasn't so inconsistent. Looking forward to S4. I hope they finally air it because it's been delayed like thrice already.
Ah, yes. Third season sure was good. Especially towards the end, hahaha. I really liked first season and second. Not sure which is my fav. Maybe 2nd. The thing with me watching first season so many times is that, when I was younger- when i was grade 5 i would watch it and then like quit- or something. that happened many times. it was for no reason. maybe i forgot about it or something. same thing happened for a couple anime like h DXD and shinmai maou. Anyways, now finished them all.

Ikr!! I'm hyped. It's looking good!!

T-thrice?!! wow. I only it was delayed once. supposed to have aired in oct. but nope. didn't happen. before, it was unknown.

EternalSunset0

Ah, yes. Third season sure was good. Especially towards the end, hahaha. I really liked first season and second. Not sure which is my fav. Maybe 2nd. The thing with me watching first season so many times is that, when I was younger- when i was grade 5 i would watch it and then like quit- or something. that happened many times. it was for no reason. maybe i forgot about it or something. same thing happened for a couple anime like h DXD and shinmai maou. Anyways, now finished them all.

Ikr!! I'm hyped. It's looking good!!

T-thrice?!! wow. I only it was delayed once. supposed to have aired in oct. but nope. didn't happen. before, it was unknown.
Shinmai's super fun. I actually liked the first season more than DxD if we're comparing them like everyone does.

Katsuya

Shinmai's super fun. I actually liked the first season more than DxD if we're comparing them like everyone does.
Mhm, really liked it. Especially the movie(burst) hehe. Dxd is kinda boring. 4th season was good though. some characters looked better while other didn't. the op isn't good though. bless your name is my fav op for dxd. 2nd op for shinmai. over the testament ain't my thing. Dxd had some good moments though. i ain't talking about ecchi scenes when i say 'good' btw.

That's actually the biggest flaw dxd. I would have re-watched if it wasn't for the excessive ecchi. Like shinmai actually uses it well and makes it good. and quite interesting. its not just fondling but rather other things and stuff too. they also manage to add romance quite well even through everything unlike dxd. i mean, it did have romance but like... yeah... it was kinda rushed ig.

EternalSunset0

Yeah, it's one of those "everyone lying down asleep in a circle" shots seen in anime EDs. Plan to combine and do some retouching when I start converting it into one big digital picture. Then probably put it as insert art in one of my volumes.

Volume 1 (and some parts of 2) have insert art already btw