Sunset's Art Thread?

EternalSunset0

New character alert! 👀

Pretty pivotal to my series' plot and overarching lore from volume 5 onwards

Last edited:

EternalSunset0

Me trying to learn/practice how to draw side view when it turned into one of those "everyone line up according to bust size!" charts you see in anime character sheets. Plus bonus loli character who'll get her cover... soon.

I guess it also doubles as a height chart of sorts, with only a combo-breaker at the start.

EternalSunset0

Hair volume is tricky, eh?
Yeah. Especially from a side view perspective

What I do is just look at my references and see what I can do with it. Translating them to paper is quite difficult, it seems?

Last edited:

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Well, you've vastly improved since I last checked this thread, so keep at it!

LinXueLian

Always Handsome

Student council president Kenji Saito.

Yet another Fractal Plane side character who gets introduced early and has varying degrees of relevance per arc~ Starts showing up with plot-relevant lines in volume 3
He's daddy! I like :blob_melt:

LostLibrarian

Not really a fan of the teacher-trope most of the time...
But yeah, then you hit all the boxes for a six novel long light novel series that gets a hasty ending after it was cancelled during volume 5 :D

(that said, I still didn't find the time to read your story... *sigh*)

EternalSunset0

Not really a fan of the teacher-trope most of the time...
But yeah, then you hit all the boxes for a six novel long light novel series that gets a hasty ending after it was cancelled during volume 5 :D

(that said, I still didn't find the time to read your story... *sigh*)
I plan around 10 volumes though, but yeah, I see what you mean. Hopefully, I don't burn out by the time the sixth volume rolls around. But I probably won't since 5 and 6 are more or less part 1-part 2 volumes that link towards the endgame.

Do LNs get hastily canceled? I don't think I see that too often. What I do see are LNs that suddenly go on hiatus and just get stuck in limbo forever (Black Bullet). There's also those with long hiatuses like Infinite Stratos. NGNL recently got a new volume announced after like 3 years? Same with Tokyo Ravens.

Hope you get around to reading it soon, but I get the author problems. I personally took a couple of read requests too but haven't gotten around to doing half of them :blob_no: since I spend more of my free time from work plotting, writing, drawing, watching anime, and playing video and card games. That's quite a lot.

LostLibrarian

Do LNs get hastily canceled?
Four/five volumes in isn't really that hastily cancelled. If you look at the western market, you'll often get that after 2 or 3. And a lot also get dropped before the first one was published.

It happens a lot with the more mediocre stuff. Eastern light novels publishing is mostly "throw things at the wall and see what sticks". They start with small numbers and little to no advertisement and see which still get bought. For all others, they'll just end it if there is no traction.

It's especially true for romcom/harem because those often have 2,3 set-up volumes and introduce the main girls and if they have no success, you get 1 or 2 volumes to introduce the big ending and let the guy pick someone. And that's that.

Those stories going to the west are mostly those that survived and will then run for 20+ Volumes...

Hope you get around to reading it soon, but I get the author problems.
Yeah. I also just started my own harem novel, so that's double the time problems :D

EternalSunset0

Four/five volumes in isn't really that hastily cancelled. If you look at the western market, you'll often get that after 2 or 3. And a lot also get dropped before the first one was published.

It happens a lot with the more mediocre stuff. Eastern light novels publishing is mostly "throw things at the wall and see what sticks". They start with small numbers and little to no advertisement and see which still get bought. For all others, they'll just end it if there is no traction.

It's especially true for romcom/harem because those often have 2,3 set-up volumes and introduce the main girls and if they have no success, you get 1 or 2 volumes to introduce the big ending and let the guy pick someone. And that's that.

Those stories going to the west are mostly those that survived and will then run for 20+ Volumes...
I'm mostly a secondary, so I mostly learn about the novels through their adaptations, and of course, only the ones with decent traction get adapted. I think I can count in my two hands the number of stuff that I first read as a novel/manga before they got their anime. It all makes sense.

And yeah, I can see how romcoms are often the victims of those early ends.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
I'm mostly a secondary, so I mostly learn about the novels through their adaptations, and of course, only the ones with decent traction get adapted. I think I can count in my two hands the number of stuff that I first read as a novel/manga before they got their anime. It all makes sense.

And yeah, I can see how romcoms are often the victims of those early ends.
Or the readers are the victim of no end

EternalSunset0

wipwip.jpg

Decided to play around with my tablet and draw a spoiler for a character for volume 5 onwards. Still wip since I dunno where to put the other wing, and I still gotta fix the clothes, obviously hastily pasted on to cover the (flat) boobies and keep the piece from being too NSFW

For those who watched WIXOSS, yes, the dress is based off Nanashi's
5688-1761553630.jpg