Super reliable narrator

Agentt

Thighs
So, we have unreliable narrator, so we should have a super reliable narrator too. Someone who fact checks everything that happens, like if this happens

What, you egg? (stabs him)

Then he would be like
"Ooooh, that's gonna hurt a lot, a stab right at the liver results in blah blah blah", or he could go "According to this this section or this article, this man would be seeing atleast this many years in jail"

Or, if it's a horror, it may be like,
"Oh, yeah, of course the police believes that a man commited suicide by skinning himself and then taping himself to a wall."

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
Wait, didn't you change your name to Chaddius Thundercox or something?
Then he would be like
"Ooooh, that's gonna hurt a lot, a stab right at the liver results in blah blah blah", or he could go "According to this this section or this article, this man would be seeing atleast this many years in jail"
I'd imagine that would get annoying quick.
Or, if it's a horror, it may be like,
"Oh, yeah, of course the police believes that a man commited suicide by skinning himself and then taping himself to a wall."
That wouldn't be horror then.

Szaku

super reliable narration was the very reason i dropped the "mahouka koukou no rettousei" series way back when. they would blather on and on and on and on and on and on about magical systems and the fkkin history of them and the genius inventor behind them and the math equations for it or what not. im sitting there like, magic doesn't exist, guy.. :rolleyes::blob_no: but obviously the narrator sure as hell thought it did.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
super reliable narration was the very reason i dropped the "mahouka koukou no rettousei" series way back when. they would blather on and on and on and on and on and on about magical systems and the fkkin history of them and the genius inventor behind them and the math equations for it or what not. im sitting there like, magic doesn't exist, guy.. :rolleyes::blob_no: but obviously the narrator sure as hell thought it did.
i mean... in this case, in a setting reliant on the implementation of magical systems within a technologically advanced society, you'd be hard-pressed for authors to not at least flesh out said setting. it is the main selling point (besides incest/harem) after all. it's like LitRPGs' heavy reliant on numbers to mark progression. it's LitRPG, like greens in a salad bowl.

Szaku

i mean... in this case, in a setting reliant on the implementation of magical systems within a technologically advanced society, you'd be hard-pressed for authors to not at least flesh out said setting. it is the main selling point (besides incest/harem) after all. it's like LitRPGs' heavy reliant on numbers to mark progression. it's LitRPG, like greens in a salad bowl.
granted. but from a subjective point of view "way too much" is kind of what id imagine defines 'super reliable narration'

..also, wasnt action and intrigue the selling point of that story? :unsure: at the very least im entirely sure history and maths was not 'it'. following that train of thought, i should probably look up a "when worldbuilding is much-too-much" thread to rant in

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I think it would be funny for a short story, but it would get annoying in a longer piece.

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
How about a Too Much Information Narrator too?

He'll keep interrupting scenes to tell the reader about related, but not really relevant uncomfortable facts or memories of the protagonist.

Like that time when he was about to shit his pants but finally got inside the bathroom and the relief of managing to make it makes his ass relax and actually shit his pants.

D

Deleted member 45782

The Huntsman: Winter's War - narrator ruined the immersion when narrate too much and doesn't involve being one of the characters in story and developing a personality of their own in a way.

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
He stabs him allow cock

skillet

a frying pan
if written well this could be suuuper funny xDDDD like completely dry humor!!!!! I love dry humor lol

"I thought I was going to die," the guy wailed, throwing himself onto the table.
Main Character Man snapped his book shut and readjusted his glasses. "Actually, according to This Very Reliable Site™, it would take you approximately thirty-eight electrical shocks of 50 volts each to incapacitate a man considerably. Since your shock was barely 40 volts, you--"
"I KNOW JUST, JUST LET ME SPEAK"

or like

The lady stretched her arms out with a sigh. "At this rate, we're going to run out of food before we make it out here alive."
Main Character Man readjusted his glasses. She was wrong; if they ate a standard diet of two crumbs and three drops of water every meal, they would be able to make their rations last until next summer. However, he had learned: according to the last fifteen times he'd informed her quite helpfully, if he said as much now, he would be slapped. And so he did not say anything.

disclaimer: none of these are actual fact checks, please don't believe

for me the super reliable narrator is the one that tells the most enjoyable story (or tell it in the most enjoyable way) and it's easy to understand what's going on.

in short, they always delivers.