Super strength and its depiction

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
In my original novel, there are these demi-humans, you know the furries. The people with dog ears etc. But I make it a point to underline it's not just ears, their senses, nervous system, digestive system, and tendons are stronger than humans too, which explains greater strength, endurance, and agility and is actually a plot point.

No one has mentioned the recoil. You throw a punch that can split a mountain in two, your scrawny hundred pound something ass is getting sent flying back

Exploded into tiny pieces.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
In my original novel, there are these demi-humans, you know the furries. The people with dog ears etc. But I make it a point to underline it's not just ears, their senses, nervous system, digestive system, and tendons are stronger than humans too, which explains greater strength, endurance, and agility and is actually a plot point.

Iirc force is normal? Aka same magnitude but in the opposite direction, so shattered limbs that got tore off the socket.

Isn't air just a bunch of free moving molecules? Doesn't the moment I release the thing it will start to disintegrate?
Yup, you're right. If you could somehow keep it contained in your palm, the moment you threw it, it would break away and lose its form. The same with water. If you have a bunch in your hand and you threw it, it would break into droplets.
(Also gases don't have surface tension, only liquids, sorry about the misinformation)
What I meant is think of the same similarly and if you're having difficulty imagining air could do something, replace it with water and see if that makes sense.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen

Yeah. I was making the assumption you were still durable enough to survive. Even if you were, it'd still be a nightmare.

CheertheDead

The narcissist and Attention Whore :>
What bother me the most are friction and center of gravity.

When you start applying more force than a certain threshold, the ground is as unstable as quicksand. Applying even more force and it would be like liquid water or oil. You can’t run faster, jump higher or stomp harder.

When you start making a stronger punch, there will be a counterforce from the punch directed back to your body and push yourself backward. It is transmitted down to your feet where friction force stop you from being drifted away by your own punch. Having super strength isn’t having super friction. You punch harder enough and it will overcome your static friction. With people who have super strength the ground is as unstable as standing on oil.

Then there is shit like picking up object hundreds of meter long. Your center of gravity is way off, you ain’t making it move no matter how strong you are. That’s not mentioning the weight of the massive object now rest on an area the size of your hands. The material won’t be able to handle that much stress and it will break off from there. You won’t be able to pick it up with your hand, you just rip it away.