Survey Questions

Ace_Arriande

It's been a while since I've surveyed my readers and I've been meaning to. What questions do you, as authors, want answered? I already plan on asking people about whether they care more about average rating or reviews, whether they like the trending systems or not, blah blah other generic stuff like that. I've got about 13k readers in total. I can probably get around 500 answers, hopefully more, if I let the survey run for a week or two on all of my stories. Last time I did a major survey like this, I only had 2k readers and got about 240 responses. So, if there are any questions you want me to include in the survey, let me know.

And if you're going to post some sort of shitpost question, at least post a serious one to go with it.

EDIT: Both yes/no and multiple-choice questions are cool. As are multiple-choice questions that can only be answered once or that can have multiple choices selected. Preferably give some idea of what sort of answers you'd like to see as an option to go with your question.

EDIT 2: also you have less than 24 hours to suggest questions

Last edited:

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
`Out of curiosity, what is the minimum rating for a story that you'll still read?`

is what i will post on my next chapter, but we can compare answers, I guess. Our demographics might not be the same.

D.C.Haenlien

How important is a discord channel for the community of the story.
-Very important
-Would be nice to have
-Don't care
Would you read a xianxia novel?

Last edited:

Jamminrabbit

How do genre-shifts in stories affect your experience and enjoyment of it? Are they interesting? Do ya hate 'em? Are they jarring but still a welcome experience if done right?

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Do you read stories on the day they come out, or do you prefer to wait for some number of chapters to be out before you read them all at once?

What's the minimum number of chapters you will consider before starting to read a chapter? 1? 5? 10? 50? completed?

And the MOST important question:
On a scale of 1-10, how much do you guys like Ace?

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
A question for you:

Are you aiming for this survey to be just of your readers, or for SH users in general?

If it's for SH users, it's probably more useful if as many authors and users share it around as possible. Otherwise the results will all be from readers who happen to like one particular type of novel.

If it's just for your readers, it's probably worth flagging that up if/when you share the results, because otherwise it could end up being misleading and the figures could be misused.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Where do you keep the chocolate?

Ace_Arriande

Are you aiming for this survey to be just of your readers, or for SH users in general?

If it's for SH users, it's probably more useful if as many authors and users share it around as possible. Otherwise the results will all be from readers who happen to like one particular type of novel.

If it's just for your readers, it's probably worth flagging that up if/when you share the results, because otherwise it could end up being misleading and the figures could be misused.

Yes, I already plan on making sure that people understand the bias of my readers whenever I post the results seeing as how the majority of people who reply to the questions will be my own readers, but I will share a link to the survey so that others can share it if they want to. The point, though, is just to gather at least some information since some is better than none.

LostLibrarian

One interesting thing might be a question towards what "style" of storytelling.

One long over-arching story?
Shorter, more complete arcs?
More SoL-styled "happenings"?

Especially the first two might be interesting, because with webnovels it's often common to use cliffhangers as much as possible, so that the reader returns to read more. Which might impede the story structure... might be interesting to see what readers prefer...

Last edited:

AkalE

How are they notified when a new chapter is released and which site do they read it on?

Please don't give an option to chose more than one site option. It would better show the demographics that way rather than if allowed to chose both SH and RR.

Smartyul

This may sound completely irrelevant, but what is your favourite trope and, more relevant, how do you make a character profile (if you do)?

Ace_Arriande

Also, I forgot to make the survey two weeks in a row. :blob_uwu:

So feel free to keep on suggesting more questions. I'll definitely post it next Monday.

unless i forget again

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Also, I forgot to make the survey two weeks in a row. :blob_uwu:

So feel free to keep on suggesting more questions. I'll definitely post it next Monday.

unless i forget again
Need a reminder? :blobrofl: