Writing Prompt Survival Skills in these Worlds

LilTV1155

Hello, here's a prompt for yall.

Say, yer got dumped into a strange world belonging to mostly this genre - Action-Survival mixed with other subgenres:

• Horror Zones : Eldritch, Netherworld, Ghost Realms, Hell, Killer/Bully Deres, Setting with Serial Killers

• Isekai Fantasy : Tundra, Forest, Sea, Island of Exile, Landfills, Desert, Barren Mountain, Savannah, Grassland, Wetland, Swamp, Lake, Labyrinth, Dungeon

• Palace / Sect Politics : Diplomatic Hostage, Married out for War, Abandoned Noble, Neglected /Forgotten Royal, Crippled to 2nd-5th degree (Cultivation is naturally stripped, but Physical Disability is incurable [not even by acupuncture or potions] ), Slave Child of Ruined Country, Wastrel Idiot, Cursed Kid, Target of Assassination, Unreasonably Super Hated Kid, Eunuch, Noble with family drama (Debt for Spendthrift / Gambling, Power Decline, and etc.)

• Zombie Apocalypse: Nukehead Aftermath ( Power Plant, Mutated Wildlife / Plants, Sentinel Robots ), Plague ( Virus, Fungi, or Parasite Bioweapon ),
    Dungeon Invasion ( Sudden Dungeons appear all over the places, need Adventurers but too much human strifes)
In these worlds, you got a System and some skills.
Yay~ AS IF! It's not a game. It's your reality. It's not a story. It's your reality. Not a simple drama, YOUR dramas.
1st Guy / Girl - "Oh! The world's like a game! Then everything should have daily logins rewards and power skill is super easy!!" RIP.
Starved to death. OD-ed to death. Eaten alive by Bullet Ants (non-giants). Crushed by a dragon's foot. Killed from under/over-estimating peoples and skills' drawbacks.
2nd Guy / Girl - "Oh! This is super easy! I have read / watched / played this plot before, so I know everything!" RIP.
Died because they got used and cheated of everything, then got sacrificed by their own harem interests / chosen love interests for either ego or power trip.
3rd Guy / Girl - "Oh! I got skills from my world and I can do this!" RIP.
Killed for "laying a hand" on engaged person, Royal, Noble, Married, Child. Killed for inappropiate manners toward Royals. Killed for standing out too much.​
Killed for triggering too many enemies unreasonably via theft and arrogance. Killed from your own powerful skills' drawbacks / recoils.​
-
And your System . . . . only does this:
  • Identify your own status, mission progress, mission targets
  • Require Online Connection in New World, not attached to your origin world
  • Recieve warning / task / convo. messages from Admin / Sponsor
  • Reward or grant only + / - stat buffs
  • Grant titles and may mock your incompetence or density
  • Space Storage
    • Limited to 10 Additional Space
    • Item Restrictions
      • Only virtual or energy items can be taken in and out at wills ** Items needed to be turned into energy to work
      • Remain in virtual state
      • Handheld, portable,
      • Weigh no more than 1 pound
      • Non-living, no bigger than two hands
      • Batch Limitations by size and weight of item
      • Item has Time Limitation due to Biodegradation, Virtual, or Radiation Property
  • No Internal Store / Trade / Market system to buy things
  • No tutorials, can't give you basics; will not give you log-in bonus
  • Only give you Average Skills in Production, Trade, or Battle; OP/Trash only depend on users
  • Can't appraise other people
  • No auto-collect & no auto-store materials & no auto-idle on craft skills; ie. No Mass Production or Auto-Fight
  • Can't grant you EXP or money, those must be earned Manually.
  • Can't teleport you to whatever locations
  • No auto-map, no auto info-dump
  • No danger warning
  • No skill manual and does not record any learned skills outside your given Class/Job/Rank unless you write it down in a special notebook
  • Always automatically balance and fix your stats all the time after buffs, level up, and etc.; users have no consents and authority to change their stats
  • No reset (You will die for real)
  • Fail a mission of System, get Penalty that lower stats, level, and threaten life
  • System's presence is a magnet for troubles, attract the attentions of higher power authority that either want to use you as toy or sacrifice or slave
    • Should such people (children harem too) appear and take some romantic or sexual interests in you, they will be automatically driven to kill or torture you after reaching Max 70-100 out because System's power and your status as a Foreigner
In other words, there's no manuals. System is useless even for its subspace storage. Everything must be done manually. System like to mock or criticize its hosts.
-
You got several options. Go to the wild and do your best with survival skills, even if you are born a Royal or Noble.
Your missions:
1) Go and live for yourself.
2) Depend on Setting - -
- Isekai Fantasy: Build your country and leave a mark on history with the right partner for a spouse and a heir.
- Palace / Sect Politics: Escape the Palace/Kingdom and find a laidback farm-life with a nice family. / Open a restaurant of fluffs and protect your lands from poachers.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Unite the people and restore orders to Civilizations.
- Horror Zones: Fix the dimensions and keep it from merging with your origin world

You can choose any world setting, but how the hell are you going to survive there?

BigHoodieBoy

Setting: Isekai Forest

First things first, cut down trees to make a log cabin(which average production skills should be able to make) while fishing and gathering for food(using appraisal to make sure for no poison). Next, gather some ordinary people and make a village and then have an heir with one above-average woman, while loving her. Then take something from a random song that sounds philosophical and spread it, therefore cementing my place in history as a philosopher.

All in all, it will be a country in name only, but actually only a single unaffiliated village. Also, never level up, and never say my origins.

This is my plan to survive, and it all actuality I don't expect this to actually work, as I spent less than 10 mins on this.

Last edited:

LilTV1155

Setting: Isekai Wetland.

First things first, cut down trees to make a log cabin(which average production skills should be able to make) while fishing and gathering for food(using appraisal to make sure for no poison). Next, gather some ordinary people and make a village and then have an heir with one above-average woman, while loving her. Then take something from a random song that sounds philosophical and spread it, therefore cementing my place in history as a philosopher.

All in all, it will be a country in name only, but actually only a single unaffiliated village. Also, never level up, and never say my origins.

This is my plan to survive, and it all actuality I don't expect this to actually work, as I spent less than 10 mins on this.
Are you sure you chose the Wetland Biome, not the Forest?
Your idea of a log cabin in a Wetland is . . . nice. But you might want to ask Google if that thing can be made possible.
Since the System is pretty bad. Appraisal doesn't work for Poison Testing.
It only tell you the names and quality of the items you found like Freshness and Grade.
Only Poison Tester skill can qualify for it.

D

Deleted member 54065

Setting: Palace Politics

1). One of my best skills is convincing people, and I think it will be useful in manipulating them to do my bidding, without--of course--trouncing theirs.

Trust no one. Treat everybody as if they're out to kill you.

2). Using my skills to twist their decisions to my benefit, I'd 'officially' escape out of the palace and live on my own farm.

Of course, it's a trap-laden farm, with an underground tunnel for escape. I won't put my guard down, since they're after my life.

One of the keys to survival in a diplomatically or politically hostile environment is to have your enemies think you're insignificant, or a fool. As long as I keep my profile low, there'd be no problems...(48 Laws of Power)

But of course, gather support and strength, just in case you have to kill your enemies in the most unexpected way possible.

Daitengu

Me specifically?... Welp as good of a time to die as any.

Gluten intolerant, lactose intolerant, depressed, social anxiety, gender dysphoria, zero motivation to survive other than to avoid pain, and deals with thoughts of suicide daily for over 20 years.

I'm a literal mess so most Isekai world's would just mean death, cause I don't seek help and there usually no help for my issues. And without family that literally needs me to live, I'd have done myself in already. Though I can't decide if I'm just a coward, or am duty/guilt driven.

Boot me to another world as is, is basically ripping me from my tether to life with nothing to offset it. I don't know anyone and don't want to know anyone. So at first opportunity, I'd go looking for a painless/quick way to die.

Shortest short story Isekai ever.

IdleYoungMaster

It seems that I've read an Isekai novel similar to this one, whereas they have to do everything manually, including Skill Proficiencies..

Setting: Dungeon Invasion

Seeing that your System would bring you troubles if you contact those higher-ups, becoming the strongest human is a no-go. That will surely accelerate your road to death.

The goal here is to live a hermit life in the woods. Even if they're filled with beasts and the System would definitely give tasks for you to handle, at least you're only fighting beasts. They won't be as scheming as humans, I guess..

NEVER get involved in any scenarios as best as you could. Once you get into one, you'll be prompted by the Admin and be forced to do the Mission tasks. If the admin gives you a task related to humans even though you're low-key, do increase your vigilance. Put on masks, skin masks, voice changers (You can even pretend to be deaf), and leave no traces behind. Only god knows whether there's a divination skill/karma tracing skill there. If the Mission puts you into utmost danger, you can just fail it. There's nothing wrong with getting a penalty when you can keep your life.

Live as far away from civilization, build your strength slowly, and always prepare precautionary measures. The Subspace is useless too since its limited by weight and size, so you'll have to create a stash where you can preserve food. Go check whether there's a beast that got some ice-related properties.

These are my only ideas for now. A far as I can see it, living in another world with that kind of system is only a burden, not a privilege. It can force you on doing dangerous missions, which in turn would endanger your life even if you complete the mission.

Do reply if you find something in what I write as a mistake. I've only written this in 10 minutes after all..

LilTV1155

They won't be as scheming as humans, I guess..
Just a question. If by chances, random people like seven sexy cute girls or guys suddenly got interested in you. They are stalking you through the information guild, merchant guild, shadow guild, then how are you going to shake them off?

On a side note, when you get bandits about to kill a bunch of civilians. That also includes pretty girls and kids. What do you do based on this horrid world setting?

IdleYoungMaster

Just a question. If by chances, random people like seven sexy cute girls or guys suddenly got interested in you. They are stalking you through the information guild, merchant guild, shadow guild, then how are you going to shake them off?
1. Since you are aware that one wrong move would screw you up, it would be best to shake them off via you moving to other cities/continents. Once you know that they have their eyes on you, that place is no longer safe. You wouldn't want it to become a classic chain antagonist trope on xianxia after all.

On a side note, when you get bandits about to kill a bunch of civilians. That also includes pretty girls and kids. What do you do based on this horrid world setting?
2. To be honest, I am not sure myself. Knowing whether they're just a normal one or actually a trap is very hard already. Based on my character, I think I would do something, though it wouldn't be the same old classic hero trope. Instead, I would shout for help and leave. It's all up to fate whether they run away due to that distraction or someone would save them. You can reason with yourself that you've done everything that you could, thus avoiding that guilt. Conscience isn't something that could be reasoned with after all. You might get crazy if you can't bear that guilt.
Though, I might properly save them if I don't have that kind of system. I might also do so if the system tasks me with that, so I say that my action depends on the situation.

LilTV1155

I might also do so if the system tasks me with that, so I say that my action depends on the situation.
If the System give you a task regarding that, then there's a few ways to tweak it. But the results might be ore troublesome instead..

1. Masked Superhero disguise
-Rescued victims wil go train-rank up to A -S and start hunting you to get apprenticeship out of eternal gratitude;
+25% Yandere
+90% Savior-con
+70% Reputation & Recognition via actions and voice
-80% Freedom
+80% Affection Bond + Clingy Nuisance (Gender and Int Based)
- - If Females (Go into heat, force breed your baby genes and engage in legitmacy war to international level (Multiple kingdoms)
- - If Males (Auto-Duel mode, force battle you in hope of surpassing their idol and engage in cult, may pull you into Holy Wars (Multiple Religions)

2. Stronger Monster fakeout
-
+80% Infamy
+25% Yandere
+90% Master-con
+40% Recognition via actions and voice
-20% Freedom
+80% Affection Bond + Clingy Nuisance (Gender and Int Based)
- - If Females (Go into heat, force breed your baby genes and engage in legitmacy war to international level (Multiple kingdoms)
- - Male and Females (Auto-Duel mode, force battle you in hope of surpassing their idol and engage in cult, may pull you into Holy Wars (Multiple Religions)

3.Worse than scum with heart of steel
-Rescued victims are dumped in the wilderness where they must fend for themselves, but survive and grow into resentful A-S rank and start manhunt on you for revenge; countries out to kill you: You become demon king
- - Auto Multi-Duel and Auto Heat/Rut, Target of Captur or Kill Automatic
+15% Recognition
+60% Infamy
+5% Yandere
+90% Enemy/Rival-con
-60% Freedom with same effects as above
-30% Affection Bonds

4. Ignore them and take the System penalty
- You won't die.
- Suffer 4 level demotion
- Cursed for eye contact before person died

IdleYoungMaster

Rescued victims are dumped in the wilderness where they must fend for themselves, but survive and grow into resentful A-S rank and start manhunt on you for revenge;
This is why I would at most shout from afar without anyone knowing my identity.. There might be some that are ingrates after all..
Cursed for eye contact before person
Well, this is the conscience part that I told earlier..

This is why I would rather get isekai-d and not have a system instead of this.. Vigilance would be needed at all times just to avoid the traps that the system placed.

LilTV1155

This is why I would at most shout from afar without anyone knowing my identity.. There might be some that are ingrates after all..

Well, this is the conscience part that I told earlier..

This is why I would rather get isekai-d and not have a system instead of this.. Vigilance would be needed at all times just to avoid the traps that the system placed.
:s_smile:

D

Deleted member 22388

Horror setting seems nice.
I would be with them as another entity since my heart is dark as theirs.
Although they might not know for the innocent I took will be freed as if tricked by the blood spills side my lips.

Would love to do the prompt but maybe later? Idk what 'prompt' is tbh.

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
I love seeing the Zombie Apocalypse Genre, but I would hate to be in one...
And since the world doesn't revolve around me, let's choose it as a setting! YEAH!

Hey, how about a trade? I will give up my Space Storage in exchange for an appraisal ability. Of course, the appraisal ain't OP. Its only function is to provide information from a scientific perspective based on observable data... Sounds fair enough?

Setting: Zombie Apocalypse! (POST-APOCALYPTIC)
DAY 1
The system is very logical, it's as if I was plugged with a futuristic chip that can analyze and store information at superhuman levels I cannot humanly replicate... So, I will be thankful that I have a system in the first place... That's the first step, OPTIMISM! A good mindset can surprisingly save people at times... At least I won't be delusionally paranoid to the point of becoming suicidal.

Now, let's make use of our almighty system, I mean my discounted system... That was on purpose though...

Every Zombie Apocalypse skill that a person needs are sleuthing and with this order of priority, I shall make this day productive!
1. Weapon (I can only carry one melee. If I see any firearms, then the better)
2. Food
3. Shelter (As in hiding spots...)
4. Useful stuff (Like a backpack, morphine, medicine, and stuff)
4. Information (In any form... It can be the System's contribution, my observation, newspaper, and stuff)

DAY 2
Yehey, I survived day 1. Apparently, Plot Armors are the strongest when it is only the first chapter.
I know, I know, it doesn't make any sense, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion right?

So it's time to gather more information! What's better information than one that comes from experimentation. I gathered some dangerous data according to my system. I want to see to what extent... hmmm... A venus flytrap that survived three degenerative mutations, secretes acid and has a strong biting force. How much force? How about the range? Let's see... I threw a piece of steel at the unmoving predatory plant, it sounded crunchy I think...

DAY 3
Like many apocalypse stories, there should be action!
After my oh-so-much experimentation, I finally found my match. Nah, I didn't find it... It found me!
A freaking zombie! I AM TELLING YOU, WALKING DEAD IS A LIE!

It is a LEFT FOR DEAD type of zombie or TRAIN TO BUSAN or MY HERO!
WORK BAT! WORK!? Ummm, how do you use a bat? Do you stab with it?
OF COURSE, YOU SWING IT!

Panic won't save you, so STAY CALM!

DAY 4
I fought it fast, since fighting it slow is dumb... What if more zombies find their way to me?
The problem is... I am a lanky nerd that is on the precipice of fainting, so I am tired as fuck!
Thank lord, it wasn't able to bite me, yikes...

I ate some carbs, drank an energy drink then rushed my way to my hiding spot, of course, I did it with impressive subtlety... I am being honest here, I am a stealthy kind of person (I believe).

DAY 5
Like in every story, there should be fortuitous encounters... And what luck it is!
A chance for a power boost is in front of me! In the form of a serum in a bottle not to boot... My system says that it is safe to drink, and shall optimize my genetic component! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

From this day henceforth, I shall be known as SERUM MAN!

DAY 6
FUCK! I was almost turned into a fucking ZOMBIE!
Apparently, you can't trust the system too much, you let me down oh system of mine...
I wish I am in a self-fulfilling wish story.

THE GOOD NEWS IS...
I now have a superhuman physique, I actually grew more muscles. There is also the potential of awakening a superpower, well according to my system... Oh system, Oh system, don't let me down for a second time, kay? 100% OPTIMISM!

THE BAD NEWS IS... Shit, there's bad news!?
Since my mass has increased, my food and water consumption will also increase... This is the worse!
Uhhhh... I don't have any more food... It's time to sleuth once more...

DAY 7
BOSS BATTLE! EVERY READER WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME POWER STOMPING, Right?
Well, not me... No, I mean I also loved it... But NOT IN THIS SITUATION, kay?
*RUUUUUUUUUUMBLE!!!

RUUUUUUN!
A fucking deranged cannibalistic mutant is after me!
If you don't run, what will you do?
Fight?
Of course, you plan first...
This is called a strategic retreat!

Oh gosh, that got my mood good... What do you say? I am actually entertaining the idea of writing this as a full series...

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Palace politics and diplomatic hostage, please. Seems to be the easiest one. People don't want you killed, you can clown your way out, trick or join the hostage taker, leverage the situation against one of both parties and worst case you can just give away some important-sounding-but-useless infos away to get out alive with minimal loss of face.

I'd ignore the system as much as I could and only do whatever I need without getting penalities.

Give or take two weeks and I'd either sold my country and joined the hostage takers or I lied my way out of everything.

LilTV1155

I love seeing the Zombie Apocalypse Genre, but I would hate to be in one...
And since the world doesn't revolve around me, let's choose it as a setting! YEAH!

Hey, how about a trade? I will give up my Space Storage in exchange for an appraisal ability. Of course, the appraisal ain't OP. Its only function is to provide information from a scientific perspective based on observable data... Sounds fair enough?

Setting: Zombie Apocalypse! (POST-APOCALYPTIC)
DAY 1
The system is very logical, it's as if I was plugged with a futuristic chip that can analyze and store information at superhuman levels I cannot humanly replicate... So, I will be thankful that I have a system in the first place... That's the first step, OPTIMISM! A good mindset can surprisingly save people at times... At least I won't be delusionally paranoid to the point of becoming suicidal.

Now, let's make use of our almighty system, I mean my discounted system... That was on purpose though...

Every Zombie Apocalypse skill that a person needs are sleuthing and with this order of priority, I shall make this day productive!
1. Weapon (I can only carry one melee. If I see any firearms, then the better)
2. Food
3. Shelter (As in hiding spots...)
4. Useful stuff (Like a backpack, morphine, medicine, and stuff)
4. Information (In any form... It can be the System's contribution, my observation, newspaper, and stuff)

DAY 2
Yehey, I survived day 1. Apparently, Plot Armors are the strongest when it is only the first chapter.
I know, I know, it doesn't make any sense, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion right?

So it's time to gather more information! What's better information than one that comes from experimentation. I gathered some dangerous data according to my system. I want to see to what extent... hmmm... A venus flytrap that survived three degenerative mutations, secretes acid and has a strong biting force. How much force? How about the range? Let's see... I threw a piece of steel at the unmoving predatory plant, it sounded crunchy I think...

DAY 3
Like many apocalypse stories, there should be action!
After my oh-so-much experimentation, I finally found my match. Nah, I didn't find it... It found me!
A freaking zombie! I AM TELLING YOU, WALKING DEAD IS A LIE!

It is a LEFT FOR DEAD type of zombie or TRAIN TO BUSAN or MY HERO!
WORK BAT! WORK!? Ummm, how do you use a bat? Do you stab with it?
OF COURSE, YOU SWING IT!

Panic won't save you, so STAY CALM!

DAY 4
I fought it fast, since fighting it slow is dumb... What if more zombies find their way to me?
The problem is... I am a lanky nerd that is on the precipice of fainting, so I am tired as fuck!
Thank lord, it wasn't able to bite me, yikes...

I ate some carbs, drank an energy drink then rushed my way to my hiding.
Space Storage in System is already set and untradeable unless you save a god and freed the imprisoned souls.
Appraisal skill is given. But only for Items. Not the living things, which you need to rely on your observation & analysis, chance skills.
Seems to be the easiest one.
Hm.......:blob_hmm_two:

People don't want you killed
:blob_hmm::blob_frown::blob_unsure: Your faction is .... very small especially after you became a diplomatic hostage depending on your social status. Even as a Diplomatic Host, you still got lots of enemies in and out of palace & country especially after war or during high tension of hostility time period. There are some that are cruel sadists and violent psychopathic perverts. In other words, you are 5x likely to be a slave to the royal, punching bag for nobles, and a stress/fetish venting toy as a live diplomatic hostage/war-starter sacrifice.

you can clown your way out, trick or join the hostage taker, leverage the situation against one of both parties and worst case you can just give away some important-sounding-but-useless infos away to get out alive with minimal loss of face.
:blob_frown: Clowning. I can buy it, but there were a few others who wont, cause that tactic was already used or still in use by them.

Advice - 1. Be a madman crazier than whut and fake retardation to mental age of 3-5 yr old child.
2. Use superstitions to prove yourself as a invincible but misfortune bringer to whoever get too close to you even if palace setting may have advanced tech.
3. Crossdress and multi-disguise acting
4. Prepare if for getting tossed into prison or cold palace, both security is high or possibly lax
  • Fire whoohay or rust the bars.
  • Avoid situation that lead to Full body restraints or limb loss

Last edited:

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
Can we cook zombies?
I can't and I won't...
But if it's Minecraft, why not?
If it's just to satiate hunger, it would work, but let's make it that your sanity and appetite will go down everytime you eat zombie meat.

LilTV1155

I can't and I won't...
But if it's Minecraft, why not?
If it's just to satiate hunger, it would work, but let's make it that your sanity and appetite will go down everytime you eat zombie meat.
Fair enough. Hmm.... if we can't eat zombies, maybe mobile flowerpots like earth golems? Crops would be mushrooms, buncha seeds and etc.
If blood is still acidic, good idea to make chemical weapons.
If maggots, then free fish baits.

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
Fair enough. Hmm.... if we can't eat zombies, maybe mobile flowerpots like earth golems? Crops would be mushrooms, buncha seeds and etc.
If blood is still acidic, good idea to make chemical weapons.
If maggots, then free fish baits.
I can see it! The future of humanity!