Susfishious Pile of BLOB art and fish scraps (ART). Come to the world of BL. My daughters and sons shall guide you.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
A few years ago there was an artist fad on Pixiv where artists were showing their perseverance and development over the years

I'd love to see yours @tiaf :blob_aww::blob_aww: if you ever make one!

The evolution of blobs and ikemen style would be nice to see.

Humblebrag: It's not anything special, but this is my own progress thru the decade!

*boops GA*
'-'
Your progress pics didn't load in.
'-'

X

Queenfisher

Bird?

They grow so fast ;-;

The kids look so CUTE!

For how long are they kids in the story??? :blob_aww: I love flashbacks and laying down the foundations of lifetime friendships and relationships!

Also, I know I said Rumiel is my bias from the last time (because I thought she was a boy ^^) -- but now Lucien! Absolutely Lucien :blob_cookie:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
The kids look so CUTE!

For how long are they kids in the story??? :blob_aww: I love flashbacks and laying down the foundations of lifetime friendships and relationships!

Also, I know I said Rumiel is my bias from the last time (because I thought she was a boy ^^) -- but now Lucien! Absolutely Lucien :blob_cookie:
They are mascots for my cheap slapstick comedy shounen and a good chunk of the story is while the MC is a child herself so they are children for a looong time

tiaf

The 2005 kinda hurts...

Hmm, everything before 2017 looks trashy :blob_popcorn_two: No wonder I threw away everything from 2006. Only the traced kimono girl survived. Really wanted to add a lovely drawing of a couple, but my dad threw it away. There is actually more, but well I tend to draw furiously for a few months then abandon drawing for months to make a comeback with crappy skills.

Edit: everything before 2017 is pretty much a testimonial of my chuuni years :blob_blank: Naruto OC :blob_no:

Last edited:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~

The 2005 kinda hurts...

Hmm, everything before 2017 looks trashy :blob_popcorn_two: No wonder I threw away everything from 2006. Only the traced kimono girl survived. Really wanted to add a lovely drawing of a couple, but my dad threw it away. There is actually more, but well I tend to draw furiously for a few months then abandon drawing for months to make a comeback with crappy skills.
They're all vastly better than anything I can draw!
\o/
2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 don't look too bad, considering you said anything before 2017 is trashy.
'-'

X

tiaf

\o/
2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 don't look too bad, considering you said anything before 2017 is trashy.
'-'

X
They all look bland imo. It's either anatomy or coloring that is lacking.

Btw, I don't know if they are chronological right since I never put a timestamp on my drawings. I'm pretty sure 2011 was colored much later than 2011, like 2013 since it's pretty normal for me to continue working on things I made years before. (I also know that I couldn't have done lace stuff in 2011) :blob_hmm:

Last edited:

Queenfisher

Bird?
\o/
'-'

X

*likes 2015 too*
*feels her perceptions of what constitutes "good" attacked :blob_no:*

They all look bland imo. It's either anatomy or coloring that is lacking.

:blob_no::blob_no::blob_no:

Yeah, about that...

*sweats after glancing at her own color skills*

That said, your current coloring skills are envy :blob_teary:. Did you use any tutorials you can share or just trial-and-error?

tiaf

*feels her perceptions of what constitutes "good" attacked :blob_no:*
If you look at the time needed then you can tell that my age is a bit embarrassing.

Did you use any tutorials you can share or just trial-and-error?
how to blend: https://www.deviantart.com/annabel-m/art/Soft-Shading-Tutorial-377270767

Coloring and light: Form and shape:
Create light with another layer and blender mode:
(original)
(analyzed in a fun way and easier to comprehend)

Shadow by putting in a dark color over everything and then erasing:

Finishing by adding texture (white noise): https://twitter.com/p2nki/status/1285080517038075904?s=12

It’s all those combined + trial and error + textured brushes with good blending settings

People say you don’t need fancy brushes, but my art would look bland without, so I’m totally Team ‘get fancy brushes’

Last edited:

tiaf

tiaf