Tag for what is, or for what will be

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls (she/her)
if you're intending on writing a romance but you're starting from the POV of a snot-nosed kid not interested in others do you still tag it even if you're at 40 chapters and no significant other?

Echimera

There are the late romance and slow romance tags for this specific case. If the romance will be an important part of the story later on, you should definitely add the tag and whicherver of the two I mentioned fit best (could be either or both).
Depending on the specifics, you might want to throw in Child Protagonist and maybe add a little note in the description to add context.

Last edited:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
if you're intending on writing a romance but you're starting from the POV of a snot-nosed kid not interested in others do you still tag it even if you're at 40 chapters and no significant other?
meh. Not every story with romance in it is a "romance story"
if its not the main focus or an intrinsic part of the story, i wouldnt tag it as a romance at all

Le_ther

If your aiming for a huge plot twist and you feel like it will affect the view on the novel, then don't add the tag. Unless it's tragedy please spare your readers from suffering from that.

melchi

What is a custom title?
Um, if the main character is a minor and the side characters are minors and the story has a romance tag that would be a big red flag for me.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Um, if the main character is a minor and the side characters are minors and the story has a romance tag that would be a big red flag for me.
Childhood sweethearts is a pretty cute trope (unless you couple it with the marriage promise cliche). Nobody's said that romance = lewding!

Anyway, just tag it when it happens and add a slow-burn disclaimer. Or just don't add it. One of the better romances I've read on this site wasn't tagged as romance even tho romance was like 40% of the story after a few chapters.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
if its not the main focus or an intrinsic part of the story, i wouldnt tag it as a romance at all
Yeah, it's difficult to find stories without romance. Even Magic School Bus has romance, yet you certainly don't find it under the Romance section.

DracoNako

Really agree with this. Typically, you don't tag for every little thing a story contains, just the most major themes and tropes. If a romance is in-text but isn't a major facet of the plot... eh. Don't tag it.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Really agree with this. Typically, you don't tag for every little thing a story contains, just the most major themes and tropes. If a romance is in-text but isn't a major facet of the plot... eh. Don't tag it.
i also hate when people tag every little thing and i find a tag i love in them but i read and 20, 40, 60 chapters in and the tag STILL isnt justified.

Its a fucking tease and i hate it.

SailusGebel

Tag / Late Romance
Definition:
The romance involving the main character starts to develop very late or even after half-way through the story line and sometimes nearing the end, usually after 200-500+ chapters for Chinese novels, or 50-100+ for other novels if its very late or 1000+ chapters for Chinese novels or over 100+ chapters for other novels if the romance starts nearing the end.