Tag Implementation. State Here.

• Thread starter Deleted member 45782
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45782

Now I know there's gonna be some that will argue there's too many tags already. This is not about arguing too many tags or too little. And I know there's already existing tag threads, in fact quite a few occasionally comes up, so it looks like there hasn't been much done about it. So let's consolidate to one specific thread on tag requests.

Tags you want implemented that you don't see on the site. State the tag and state the reason(s). A reason must accompany per tag requested. Keep it to a clean format to make it consistent so its easier to read what tags and what reasons. Post format:

Implement
Tag Request: ______________
Reason: _______________

Or, if there's a bunch of related tags, and you want to shrink it down to one overall topic, state those group of related tags and your reasons why. (Esp. since some argue there are some tags that should be removed and some state that some tags are perfectly fine and should stay existing to help specify a story more). A reason must accompany per tag that you want to consolidate into a general group tag overall. Keep format clean and consistent so its easier to spot. Post Format:

Tag Consolidation:
Tag (specified): __________
Reason: ________________
Tag Suggest Instead: ________________

Someone once told me that to request a tag, the way to go about it is probably to make a new thread requesting for that tag implementation.
Maybe someday there'll be one thread where we can go all to request certain tags, and those tags will actually get picked up.

**If you like the tag that is being suggested to implement or agree with a specific tag to be consolidated, then please like that comment. This way it can measure how much "demand" is for that specific tag cause that is the only way to see to it possibly get approved.**

Let me start with an example:

Tag Implementation:

Requested Tag: Heartbreak

Reason:
  • There's a tag for heartwarming, yet not a tag for heartbreak. Should have an opposite tag for heartwarming.
  • There are a couple of tags that relate to romance. Heartbreak does not have one.
  • Heartbreak does not just mean cheats, affairs, betrayal. Heartbreak can be caused by many various things in romance relationships that don't have existing tags. Heartbreak can just mean a painful relationship breaking down without any of the afore mentioned parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 45782

I don't think so. Slice of Life is usually light-hearted and filled with comedy, but it doesn't really have to be IMO.

AFAIK the genre's basic definition is that the story will mostly revolve around telling the character's normal daily lives instead of telling about some epic plot to save the world or whatever... I think it's perfectly plausible for this kind of story to be filled with enough drama to warrant the drama tag. At least IMO.

Personally speaking, I actually enjoy a serious Slice of Life story a lot more than a comedy-based one. Though I do enjoy both kinds~
This is why I would like to see a Modern genre someday. Modern describes the story much better than having to find two closest genres that contrast each other. And there may well be a contemporary story that does not fit in both of these. Modern is also an actual genre itself.
Yeah, but they won't jump from strangers to lovers, will they? They'll probably become friends first in most occasions... I think.
...Um, in real life there have been ones that did jump to lovers without friendship. Not everyone fall in love with someone they were friends with initially. Neither do I believe in the -its always childhood friends turned lovers thing. Some really do start off as romantic from start to end.
I think that having a "no mature content tag" or something like you said (no-smut written in a better way) would be a great addition - perhaps even age rating tags. I consider my fantasy novel to be appropriate for high school and above, but it doesn't include any sexual content. I think it would be great if readers could look for that, especially because so much of the site does include sexual content.
I believe there was an r18 tag and mature tag. I understand you want a no-smut tag though, its kinda the same way I wanted a non-isekai tag, because even though I filter out the isekai stories, there's always those stories where they transmigrated/reincarnated into a different world. But since some already mention just use the exclude genre/tag feature, I recommend excluding those r18 or mature tags whenever you're trying to find a non-smut story. Maybe it won't filter out all those smut stories you don't want to read, but I guess its helps a bit and is better than nothing.

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
Implement
Tag Request: no romance
Reason:
*There's already many tags about romance, so it seems only reasonable to add a tag for novels with a lack of it
*There are many novels with romance already, and many novels that don't tag romance, have it it in anyway (usually because the authors believe that romance stories have to be focused on romance to count as being romance), so a tag "no romance" would be very convenient for finding novels where there definitely isn't romance.

D

Deleted member 45782

Implement
Reason:
*There's already many tags about romance, so it seems only reasonable to add a tag for novels with a lack of it
*There are many novels with romance already, and many novels that don't tag romance, have it it in anyway (usually because the authors believe that romance stories have to be focused on romance to count as being romance), so a tag "no romance" would be very convenient for finding novels where there definitely isn't romance.
Pretty sure there's gonna be a comment on here soon that suggest to start excluding the genre and tags...

I get what you feel though. For some, we want a non-isekai. Others, non-smut. And here is non-romance.

It seems like there's a lot of stories we want to read but despite all the filtering through excluding tags and genre, we are still left with the stories we tried to filter out.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Implement
Reason:
Tags for the exclusion of something are unnecessary.

If Romance is an important aspect of the series, the author should use the Romance genre.
If Romance is a minor aspect of the series, the author should use the Romantic Subplot tag.

If you exclude both, you should (in theory) get rid of all series with romance in them.

I understand that many authors don't know that the Romantic Subplot tag exist and by consequence don't use it, but authors messing up on their tagging is no reason to add another tag.

AliceShiki

Implement
Tag Request: Parent Protagonist
Reason: Would make finding stories with the protagonist being a parent, far easier.
Childcare does cover most of this (especially if you exclude Child Protagonist), but it doesn't necessarily means that the protag is a parent, they could very well be babysitting or taking care of younger sibling (s).

... I guess this wouldn't be a bad tag.

D

Deleted member 45782

Tag: translated novel
Reason:
  • Not really too sure about this but just want to put it out there. Came across some translated novels on scribblehub. While that is nice, I'm on the site to find original works. It could help at least differentiate what is original vs translated on here since some are posting translated stories on here. And this way, translated stories do not get confused/mistaken for actual original stories.

AliceShiki

Reason:
  • Not really too sure about this but just want to put it out there. Came across some translated novels on scribblehub. While that is nice, I'm on the site to find original works. It could help at least differentiate what is original vs translated on here since some are posting translated stories on here. And this way, translated stories do not get confused/mistaken for actual original stories.
Translated Novels are mostly hidden and are ridiculously hard to find normally. You can't even find them by using the Search function, nor can you find them with the Series Finder.

They also don't appear in the latest releases section as well.

I have no idea how you can across them perchance by browsing Scribblehub, because they are well-hidden, really. I don't see a reason to add anything else to further hide them when they're already super hidden by default. Most of the time you only find Translations in Scribblehub when you come from their Novel Page in Novelupdates.

D

Deleted member 45782

Translated Novels are mostly hidden and are ridiculously hard to find normally. You can't even find them by using the Search function, nor can you find them with the Series Finder.

They also don't appear in the latest releases section as well.

I have no idea how you can across them perchance by browsing Scribblehub, because they are well-hidden, really. I don't see a reason to add anything else to further hide them when they're already super hidden by default. Most of the time you only find Translations in Scribblehub when you come from their Novel Page in Novelupdates.
Actually I found them two days ago on Trending on the Home page. I haven't gone to NovelUpdates in awhile and don't go from NU to SH. But I can see why it is not really needed.

AliceShiki

Actually I found them two days ago on Trending on the Home page. I haven't gone to NovelUpdates in awhile and don't go from NU to SH. But I can see why it is not really needed.
Tell @Tony about the novel in question. They are not supposed to show up in Trending, this one might have slipped through the cracks.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Reason:
Report translated novels you find sitting about in the open so that Tony can hide them.

They're not supposed to be visible from the main site.

Valmond

Now I know there's gonna be some that will argue there's too many tags already. This is not about arguing too many tags or too little. And I know there's already existing tag threads, in fact quite a few occasionally comes up, so it looks like there hasn't been much done about it. So let's consolidate to one specific thread on tag requests.

Tags you want implemented that you don't see on the site. State the tag and state the reason(s). A reason must accompany per tag requested. Keep it to a clean format to make it consistent so its easier to read what tags and what reasons. Post format:

Implement
Tag Request: ______________
Reason: _______________

Or, if there's a bunch of related tags, and you want to shrink it down to one overall topic, state those group of related tags and your reasons why. (Esp. since some argue there are some tags that should be removed and some state that some tags are perfectly fine and should stay existing to help specify a story more). A reason must accompany per tag that you want to consolidate into a general group tag overall. Keep format clean and consistent so its easier to spot. Post Format:

Tag Consolidation:
Tag (specified): __________
Reason: ________________
Tag Suggest Instead: ________________

Someone once told me that to request a tag, the way to go about it is probably to make a new thread requesting for that tag implementation.
Maybe someday there'll be one thread where we can go all to request certain tags, and those tags will actually get picked up.

**If you like the tag that is being suggested to implement or agree with a specific tag to be consolidated, then please like that comment. This way it can measure how much "demand" is for that specific tag cause that is the only way to see to it possibly get approved.**

Let me start with an example:

Tag Implementation:

Requested Tag: Heartbreak

Reason:
  • There's a tag for heartwarming, yet not a tag for heartbreak. Should have an opposite tag for heartwarming.
  • There are a couple of tags that relate to romance. Heartbreak does not have one.
  • Heartbreak does not just mean cheats, affairs, betrayal. Heartbreak can be caused by many various things in romance relationships that don't have existing tags. Heartbreak can just mean a painful relationship breaking down without any of the afore mentioned parts.
Barking Iguana...

Gotta give the mascot some love ya know. 🤨