Tag Implementation. State Here.

• Thread starter Deleted member 45782
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45782

Now I know there's gonna be some that will argue there's too many tags already. This is not about arguing too many tags or too little. And I know there's already existing tag threads, in fact quite a few occasionally comes up, so it looks like there hasn't been much done about it. So let's consolidate to one specific thread on tag requests.

Tags you want implemented that you don't see on the site. State the tag and state the reason(s). A reason must accompany per tag requested. Keep it to a clean format to make it consistent so its easier to read what tags and what reasons. Post format:

Implement
Tag Request: ______________
Reason: _______________

Or, if there's a bunch of related tags, and you want to shrink it down to one overall topic, state those group of related tags and your reasons why. (Esp. since some argue there are some tags that should be removed and some state that some tags are perfectly fine and should stay existing to help specify a story more). A reason must accompany per tag that you want to consolidate into a general group tag overall. Keep format clean and consistent so its easier to spot. Post Format:

Tag Consolidation:
Tag (specified): __________
Reason: ________________
Tag Suggest Instead: ________________

Someone once told me that to request a tag, the way to go about it is probably to make a new thread requesting for that tag implementation.
Maybe someday there'll be one thread where we can go all to request certain tags, and those tags will actually get picked up.

**If you like the tag that is being suggested to implement or agree with a specific tag to be consolidated, then please like that comment. This way it can measure how much "demand" is for that specific tag cause that is the only way to see to it possibly get approved.**

Let me start with an example:

Tag Implementation:

Requested Tag: Heartbreak

Reason:
  • There's a tag for heartwarming, yet not a tag for heartbreak. Should have an opposite tag for heartwarming.
  • There are a couple of tags that relate to romance. Heartbreak does not have one.
  • Heartbreak does not just mean cheats, affairs, betrayal. Heartbreak can be caused by many various things in romance relationships that don't have existing tags. Heartbreak can just mean a painful relationship breaking down without any of the afore mentioned parts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redemit

I just want to be able to filter them the same as genres

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Tag Implementation:

Requested Tag: Sex Change

Reason:
  • There's the Gender Bender genre, but that's the general genre where someone does/undergoes something that does not fit their gender.
  • There's Transgender, but there exists people who have not undergone SRS/GRS, as well as transgender people who don't get magically turned into their preferred sex.
  • So I'm proposing a tag that removes some of the ambiguity.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Tag Implementation:

Requested Tag: Sex Change

Reason:
  • There's the Gender Bender genre, but that's the general genre where someone does/undergoes something that does not fit their gender.
  • There's Transgender, but there exists people who have not undergone SRS/GRS, as well as transgender people who don't get magically turned into their preferred sex.
  • So I'm proposing a tag that removes some of the ambiguity.
Wouldn't Gender Bender genre + the exclusion of Crossdressing tag usually arrive to this same result?

Sheramine

Tag Request: Steampunk
Reason: It would be a good idea to tag retro-futuristic science fiction or science fiction with a victorian era aesthetic, Cyberpunk does exist already as a tag, and Steampunk as a genre has a similar prominence.

Wouldn't Gender Bender genre + the exclusion of Crossdressing tag usually arrive to this same result?
I agree with TypeAxiom, and about what you are saying... not really, not necessarily, a character might change their gender and not their sex, therefore they could dress in other types of clothes without it being actually cross-dressing, like for example transgender characters that go through a social transition and start presenting themselves differently, so there might not be crossdressing at most parts of the story, or no cross-dressing at all, neither sex change caused by sci-fi or magical reasons in the scope of the story.
An example of this, gender-bending with no sex change and no crossdressing either, is Trolls and Tribulations.

Last edited:

Mechaphobic

Implement
Tag Request: Chemist, Chemistry
Reason: A lot of light novels lightly touch on this, and some much more than others. Dr.Stone, Release that witch, etc. I feel like it really deserves it's own unique tag. I run into a lot of military fiction where they cover a lot of different information. We live in an era where anyone can just go on Youtube and learn to synthesize any explosive, acid, incendiary, probably even uranium refinement. Some of these light novels are actually what made me walk towards things like science in general. From an educational standpoint, you are always going to want to start from what is most interesting before the mundane. We already have things like scientist and engineer.