Tags

Businesssn

Brick-San the god of wholesome hentai
Fatherhood, Parenthood, Motherhood, Surprised adoption, and Murder hobo Tags

I need more parent type tags

D

Deleted member 45782

I don't see how any of those is relevant. Just use the Childcare tag instead.
I don't think childcare is one great word to describe parenthood.
You can technically take care of children, but its not a parent-relationship thing.

I can see why parenthood needs a tag.

You've got Absent Parents, Doting Parents, Famous Parents, Single Parent in the tags.

That is way too specific. Some stories also revolve around parenthood, but it doesn't fall in any of these tags. Like for example, the actual going process of someone becoming a parent.

There's adopted children, adopted protagonist...I think we should just put it under one tag: Adoption. Cause what if you adopt the villan, or what if some side characters get adopted and no, they are not children.

Last tag Businessn put up is a no from me as well.

D

Deleted member 45782

I honestly would consolidate it to one thing.

Fatherhood. Motherhood.

It all falls under Parenthood.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I don't think childcare is one great word to describe parenthood.
You can technically take care of children, but its not a parent-relationship thing.
On my view, the childcare tag is for any novel that has taking care of children as one of its core aspects.

Usually this means parenthood AFAIK. But can be used in other circumstances as needed.
You've got Absent Parents, Doting Parents, Famous Parents, Single Parent in the tags.

That is way too specific. Some stories also revolve around parenthood, but it doesn't fall in any of these tags. Like for example, the actual going process of someone becoming a parent.
Well, a decent chunk of tags are made to be kinda specific.

... I do think that some of those tags seem kinda useless and totally worth removing, but that's mainly due to the content of the tag, not because they're specific in itself.
There's adopted children, adopted protagonist...I think we should just put it under one tag: Adoption. Cause what if you adopt the villan, or what if some side characters get adopted and no, they are not children.
That doesn't make much sense to me. A story about a protagonist that adopted children and a story about a protagonist that were adopted are completely different. They don't really fit into the same tag.

... And well, I get that sometimes older characters are adopted too, but that's not very common, I think?

D

Deleted member 45782

On my view, the childcare tag is for any novel that has taking care of children as one of its core aspects.

Usually this means parenthood AFAIK. But can be used in other circumstances as needed.
Well in my view, I think it can be two separate things. Because that is fitting parenthood in with childcare. So anyone who take cares of a child, but is not the parent can also fit into this. And the experience of becoming a parent (before even taking care the child) would also be dragged under this. So you have things that are talking about the parenting, and things that are more rearing the child, all in here. It is broad. This is actually one of the few tags that I would say need actual specification.

That doesn't make much sense to me. A story about a protagonist that adopted children and a story about a protagonist that were adopted are completely different. They don't really fit into the same tag.
Alright, fair enough. It still has some elements of "adoption" in story. If other stories involve neither of these too specific things, then we need a general concept to cover. And this is where general concept can take place, unlike the afore previous tag.

Well, a decent chunk of tags are made to be kinda specific.

I do think that some of those tags seem kinda useless and totally worth removing, but that's mainly due to the content of the tag, not because they're specific in itself.
... And well, I get that sometimes older characters are adopted too, but that's not very common, I think?
Alright, where's the tag for older characters then if we're going to keep the other specific tags? Why do some tags get to keep their specifications and some tags don't?

The point is, some argue that there's too many tags already so they say no to creation of new tags.
Yet, that is because you have so many tags broken down in the current system that are too-specific, and many tags are related on a very, very similar level.

The talk of condensing tags but then also defending quite a bit of tags that are too specific tags is like going in circles. There'll never be a condensation of tags that way.

In order to consolidate, you're going to have to put some tags that are very similar related, to go under a same general concept.

Its like me having a drawer for clothes. For example, I can sort things by cheetah print, jaguar print, zebra print, tiger print, snake leather print, etc. etc. And then its not just that, but cheetah print shirts are separate from cheetah print trousers and so on. If I divide them by its own specific pattern and type, I'm gonna end up with needing extra drawers. That's like 10 drawers for the 4-5 different types of clothing type. This is like what the tag system we have going on one right now. I for one, will rather put them all under animal print, and prefer to categorize it by its apparel type instead, like trousers, shirts etc. Save space.

There's also an issue in that many people cannot put new tags that actually fit their story better there's too many already existing tags. Result, they get limited by tags while others who are geared to more popular tropes on here, have a ton of tags to choose from.

How do you measure by demand? The reason why you don't see a lot of these stories with certain kinds of tags is because there's no tag for them even in the first place, so you can't even search these stories up and many people use these tags to get their story seen. Instead popular stories overshadow stories that are probably more unique.

Since there's quite a number of tag threads popping up requesting different kinds of tags to be implemented, it tells you authors do seek some demand of different tags. If one says too many tags, then let's consolidate the ones you have existing, don't spare the related-specific ones, because what we need is a consolidation so other new tags can have room to be implemented.

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
Is there a freking teacher protagonist tag because those books are freaking 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥.

bro historys number 1 founder is amazingly true.

Attachments

• Historyhnumber1founder.jpg
    Historyhnumber1founder.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 46

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
The talk of condensing tags but then also defending quite a bit of tags that are too specific tags is like going in circles. There'll never be a condensation of tags that way.

In order to consolidate, you're going to have to put some tags that are very similar related, to go under a same general concept.
Ah... Tbh, I think it's hard to consolidate the currently existing tags by much... I mean, the current tags were mostly inherited from NU, and we already put tons of work in trimming the tag count over there.

Of course there might still be some tags worth trimming, but uhn... Well, in my personal point of view, it's gonna be pretty hard to trim it any more than it already has been. Most tags left do have some sort of purpose to their existence.
How do you measure by demand? The reason why you don't see a lot of these stories with certain kinds of tags is because there's no tag for them even in the first place, so you can't even search these stories up and many people use these tags to get their story seen. Instead popular stories overshadow stories that are probably more unique.
It's pretty subjective in all honesty.

The simplest way to do it, would be to ask the person proposing a tag to list an X number of currently existing stories that could make use of said tag... But that requires reading a ton of stories on that topic, which may not really be a feasible request.

So uhn... Well, I judge by my own subjective bias of "do I think it's likely that many stories would make use of this?" and from the things I have seen in trending and stuff.
Oh, and from how many people I have seen requesting the tag as well.

There is no way to objectively measure demand on this kind of thing nonetheless, so it ends up being up to one's individual notion to measure that.

D

Deleted member 45782

So uhn... Well, I judge by my own subjective bias of "do I think it's likely that many stories would make use of this?" and from the things I have seen in trending and stuff.
Yup, so you won't be seeing stories that are actual unique but the popular trending ones, many of which carry similar tropes, and these often overshadows a lot of other stories. That is why some tags should be implemented to help stories that won't be seen, actually seen.
Oh, and from how many people I have seen requesting the tag as well.
So how many times must it be requested? Does it have to be measured by how many reacts and likes to that specific tag request?
Let's say an author wants to request a tag, but no one uses it. However, the tag basically is better at detailing what their story is, then 4 or 5 other tags. When they did try looking for tags that could fit their story, none of the other tags really could describe it.
So basically any authors that write a story that is more of a niche, face very limited tags to characterize their story in, is left to deal with it on their own..
No wonder why there's been a saying that to get popular on SH, you must write in smut, isekai, litrpg. Tags are limited and cater to specific tropes.
There is no way to objectively measure demand on this kind of thing nonetheless, so it ends up being up to one's individual notion to measure that.
That is why I keep wondering since you always bring up the demand for a tag, as if there's a way to measure how much demand that tag has.