Tales of the ESDF

Fushigi

Just occurred to me, I've never put a thread here for my novel.

Tales of the ESDF

Truth in advertising, it's actually not a novel, but a series of novelettes, anywhere from 10k to 25k words long. I'm posting them in bits, 1k to 1.5k at a time.

I started with "Star Light", which is technically a prequel to the series, since it doesn't involve the young people that the series is based upon. It's a sci-fi story I wrote a long time ago, and the scenario wasn't well-established in my head yet, but one of the characters, a teenager having to do the job of adult soldiers, was the inspiration for the series. "Star Light" is complete online at ten chapters.

The second story, "Moon Duty", is 14 chapters in with 10 chapters remaining. I hope people are enjoying it.

Please feel free to post your questions, comments, criticisms and any grammatical or spelling errors observed. About spelling errors: if you are Brit or Commonwealth, be kind and remember that we Americans speak and write a slightly different, closely related language to yours. Or as Winston Churchill once said, we are two nations divided by a common language. If I spell it 'flavor' instead of 'flavour', it's because my teachers would have marked it wrong otherwise!!

Looking forward to your posts.