Tell me about tentacle monsters

Spectacular

Hello all. I have a bad habit of coming up with cool premises and having no idea where to take their story arcs. At the moment, I'm a few chapters into a little story I've been writing. I have some characters thought up and some scenes written, but I'm not sure where to go with the plot. Here's a quick synopsis:

Our setting is a stereotypical D&D-esque medieval fantasy world. A depressed young lady, her last and final hope of ever learning magic ending in failure, wanders off into the cursed moor to commit suicide by monster. She is discovered by our protagonist and point of view character: a massive amorphous tentacle rape monster. The girl is, predictably, ravaged in a very NSFW chapter. But, it turns out the girl is a bit of a sexual deviant and likes the very rough love the monster gives her. At the same time, this particular tentacle monster is a bit of a deviant too. He has no moral qualms about vicious tentacle rape, but absolutely refuses to kill his victim like his post-coital breeding instincts want him to ("completing" the breeding process and birthing a new tentacle monster requires killing the victim, which he doesn't want to do.)

You see, our heroic tentacle monster is lonely and wants to keep this wonderful human he found alive and healthy as his personal cuddle pet, part time tentacle holster, and full time semen receptacle. The problem is, while he can live basically anywhere, he has no idea how to take care of a delicate human out in the wilderness, so he needs to follow the human to her den and learn how she lives.

From the girl's point of view, her suicide attempt is foiled, she no longer has the courage to follow through on her plans and has to return home in shame. She staggers, bow legged, back to the village, but now she's being followed home by a giant, near-indestructible rape monster that gave her a night of violent sex and cozy cuddles, and then spared her life for some mysterious reason. She has mixed feelings about that.

So, given that premise, I need to figure out where to take my story. I'm picturing silly moments involving trying to hide a grabby tentacle monster inside a fantasy town, interspecies friend making, overcoming language barriers, and romantic consentacles with occasional friends involved. Also, if she can convince the extremely overpowered monster to help her fight other monsters or some sort of organized antagonist group, that could work out well for a story arc.

So, any ideas? I'm looking for some seeds of inspiration. Tell me what you would write with this premise, or what you wouldn't write. What characters would you add? What villains? Good ideas, bad ideas, doesn't matter.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Hello all. I have a bad habit of coming up with cool premises and having no idea where to take their story arcs. At the moment, I'm a few chapters into a little story I've been writing. I have some characters thought up and some scenes written, but I'm not sure where to go with the plot. Here's a quick synopsis:

Our setting is a stereotypical D&D-esque medieval fantasy world. A depressed young lady, her last and final hope of ever learning magic ending in failure, wanders off into the cursed moor to commit suicide by monster. She is discovered by our protagonist and point of view character: a massive amorphous tentacle rape monster. The girl is, predictably, ravaged in a very NSFW chapter. But, it turns out the girl is a bit of a sexual deviant and likes the very rough love the monster gives her. At the same time, this particular tentacle monster is a bit of a deviant too. He has no moral qualms about vicious tentacle rape, but absolutely refuses to kill his victim like his post-coital breeding instincts want him to ("completing" the breeding process and birthing a new tentacle monster requires killing the victim, which he doesn't want to do.)

You see, our heroic tentacle monster is lonely and wants to keep this wonderful human he found alive and healthy as his personal cuddle pet, part time tentacle holster, and full time semen receptacle. The problem is, while he can live basically anywhere, he has no idea how to take care of a delicate human out in the wilderness, so he needs to follow the human to her den and learn how she lives.

From the girl's point of view, her suicide attempt is foiled, she no longer has the courage to follow through on her plans and has to return home in shame. She staggers, bow legged, back to the village, but now she's being followed home by a giant, near-indestructible rape monster that gave her a night of violent sex and cozy cuddles, and then spared her life for some mysterious reason. She has mixed feelings about that.

So, given that premise, I need to figure out where to take my story. I'm picturing silly moments involving trying to hide a grabby tentacle monster inside a fantasy town, interspecies friend making, overcoming language barriers, and romantic consentacles with occasional friends involved. Also, if she can convince the extremely overpowered monster to help her fight other monsters or some sort of organized antagonist group, that could work out well for a story arc.

So, any ideas? I'm looking for some seeds of inspiration. Tell me what you would write with this premise, or what you wouldn't write. What characters would you add? What villains? Good ideas, bad ideas, doesn't matter.
First and foremost, in fantasy land, humans and monsters don't mix well, to hell, humans and humans don't mix well. So if you throw an indestructable monster into the mix is a bit too much.

My case and point will be to try and unite the village and monster into a single group by having a rotten villain. A corrupted/ asshole noble who fancies to wipe out the village just for fun perhaps, basically any type of destroyer who is gunning for the village BUT NOT THE MONSTER, YET. Because the last thing you want is to give the villagers that it is the monster's fault for their village to be in peril. Also, rape protag is hard to write, I tried and find that I myself cannot stomach the sheer hypocrism.

Second is to let the villagers accept that they now have a rape demon lord who also acts as their protector. A bit like mafia/ protector god who demands sacrifice, are your villagers able to accept such an evil inside their home? For hel's sake if you want to get more monsters to help the village, are you turning your FL into a monster tamer?

Third, grand perspective, the tentacle monster must never reveal to the public as a "bad" monster solely because of how the public will react. A smudge or two is enough to cause panic and being a rape monster is painting the canvas black, try to go for a more gentler approach.

Last edited:

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
First and foremost, in fantasy land, humans and monsters don't mix well, to hell, humans and humans don't mix well. So if you throw an indestructable monster into the mix is a bit too much.

My case and point will be to try and unite the village and monster into a single group by having a rotten villain. A corrupted/ asshole noble who fancies to wipe out the village just for fun perhaps, basically any type of destroyer who is gunning for the village BUT NOT THE MONSTER, YET. Because the last thing you want is to give the villagers that it is the monster's fault for their village to be in peril. Also, rape protag is hard to write, I tried and find that I myself cannot stomach the sheer hypocrism.
But they might want that kind of ostracized love.

My advice (I kinda skim through everything so pardon me if I bring up something that was already mentioned) is to decide what you want the tentacle monster to like about her. He's just lonely right? So there's the possibility of finding a human better suited to him, and there's always a few "crazy" people like her out there. Maybe have them build more of a bond before they go out and he runs into more people. Or maybe you wanted it to be like "I'm only with you cuz I found you first" type love? I dunno.

And about the rape thing, you should decide whether you want to make it into a conflict, or just a point they move past.

I don't know what you should do about the side characters, but I'd say at some point bring in some adventurer who's come to kill him or something, but then they find out he's actually living happily with a lover. granted, that's a little biased of a recommendation because I always like those arcs.

Also, is it already published? Sounds interesting.

Spectacular

Second is to let the villagers accept that they now have a rape demon lord who also acts as their protector. A bit like mafia/ protector god who demands sacrifice, are your villagers able to accept such an evil inside their home? For hel's sake if you want to get more monsters to help the village, are you turning your FL into a monster tamer?

Yep, I think you're right. Noodles the tentacle monster would be attacked on sight. The tentacle monster will have to hide its presence at first. Luckily, it's a blob, so it can squeeze into all sorts of places, despite its size. It'll also have the ability to chance its colour for camouflage and hide under water.

I think turning the FL into some sort of fake monster tamer would be the route to go. Makes more sense than the tentacle monster becoming a lord. Perhaps Noodles would be her fake "bound familiar" or something. Then she could have this rare monster that most humans believe "can't be tamed," and might gain some recognition for that. But she'd also be judged for it, since "Sinspawns of Rape" (which is our monster's species name) are one of the most hated monsters out there, for obvious reason. That's one idea at least.

As for having a rapist MC. It'll be dubiously consensual at first, and then fully consensual. He isn't really capable of understanding what consent means, but he only enjoys it when his "victims" are enjoying it. That might take away some of the bad taste.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

i would write about how the monster establishes a connection with her and allows her to learn magic and grow her mana capacity, but only if she keeps on raping other people. Mainly people with good understanding of magic and good mana capacities themselves.

In my version she comes from a family famous for magic, and she starts by raping her famous, busty and very sexy mother. After this she will grow in power until she breaks the limit of her world and ascends to the higher planes. She suddenly discovers the vast Myriad Realms, starts cultivating, and begins raping Heavenly Daughters and Holy Mothers everywhere. Becoming more and more OP, leaving behind highly satisfied maidens who secretly yearns for her and her tentacle monster companion. This is important later because she eventually pisses off the fiances, fathers and grandfathers of her victims, or piss them off somehow else, and then the harem hears about this and rushes to her aid.

But then she's killed through a group effort and she reincarnates into a modern day world--not Earth--with her tentacle monster companion and they begin raping every woman they can find because everyone has such low levels of mana inside them they need a lot of women to grow stronger.

They slowly take over the world, once again break into the higher planes, and get their revenge on everyone who helped kill them in their last life.

The story ends when suddenly a great wormhole open up in the sky, and who is it? The main character of MY novel, who arrives on the battlefield just as it gets done. The girl eyes the women he brought with him and attempts to rape them. She is thoroughly beaten up and mindbroken, ending her reign of terror. To Damien Claybrook, she was just another out of control thot who needs a good Pimp Slap.

....Heh. I'd totally make an entire short story about this random person becoming OP only to end the story with my main story's main character to just swoop in and curb stomp them. Would be funny.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
gooooooblin.jpg

Spectacular

But they might want that kind of ostracized love.

My advice (I kinda skim through everything so pardon me if I bring up something that was already mentioned) is to decide what you want the tentacle monster to like about her. He's just lonely right? So there's the possibility of finding a human better suited to him, and there's always a few "crazy" people like her out there. Maybe have them build more of a bond before they go out and he runs into more people. Or maybe you wanted it to be like "I'm only with you cuz I found you first" type love? I dunno.

And about the rape thing, you should decide whether you want to make it into a conflict, or just a point they move past.

I don't know what you should do about the side characters, but I'd say at some point bring in some adventurer who's come to kill him or something, but then they find out he's actually living happily with a lover. granted, that's a little biased of a recommendation because I always like those arcs.

Also, is it already published? Sounds interesting.

I didn't mention this, but the connection will be that the female lead's emotions. The tentacle monster is a psychic empath. He can "taste" the emotions of anything he touches. When he grabs random animals, all he can taste is fear, and he's very bored of that. So when he grabs a human, and tastes a strange combination of fear, shame, and arousal, he decides she's very special indeed. Also, more tentacle monster masochists might exist in the world, but Noodles the tentacle monster doesn't know that at first.

As for an adventurer side character that wants to attack the monster and "save" our female lead from it... Yep. Good idea. I'll be shamelessly stealing that.

I have three chapters in rough draft, but I have not posted this story yet. I was thinking I might want to get a few more chapters written first.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
I didn't mention this, but the connection will be that the female lead's emotions. The tentacle monster is a psychic empath. He can "taste" the emotions of anything he touches. When he grabs random animals, all he can taste is fear, and he's very bored of that. So when he grabs a human, and tastes a strange combination of fear, shame, and arousal, he decides she's very special indeed. Also, more tentacle monster masochists might exist in the world, but Noodles the tentacle monster doesn't know that at first.

As for an adventurer side character that wants to attack the monster and "save" our female lead from it... Yep. Good idea. I'll be shamelessly stealing that.

I have three chapters in rough draft, but I have not posted this story yet. I was thinking I might want to get a few more chapters written first.
Good luck!

The emotion tasting sound interesting, I look forward to your creation :blob_reach:

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
You know, this idea actually sounds pretty interesting if you can pull it off right. I think it would fit more as a mostly comedic, sorta parodic story with good feels and lewd fluff rather than if you tried to make it a deep, dark and thoughtful story.

Honestly, my take is to go crazy and have fun with the story.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased

Do you go by the same username in ScribbleHub? :blob_reach: :blob_reach: :blob_reach:

Spectacular

Do you go by the same username in ScribbleHub? :blob_reach: :blob_reach: :blob_reach:

Yep, though I haven't posted any stories on this site yet. I've done a bit of writing on RoyalRoad, with a somewhat successful story currently unfinished and on hiatus. My tentacle monster story might be too explicit for that site, they don't like too much smut. If I posted it, it would be here probably.

shiopan

Somehow I am looking forward to this story :)) I am a sucker for human x non human relationship.

I don't have any advice since I am not very creative myself, but I am very much intrigued 😎 And I thought the monster would keep her in his den. But a monster in human dwelling would be interesting too.