Tell me your magic

EternalSunset0

I don't have a hard magical system. But I do have the concept of people pulling out their signature weapons from their souls. Each weapon has a signature attack/ability (or two for special cases like the main villain) that corresponds to the "inner wish/desire" the characters have in their heart when they first spawned said weapon.

Oh, and the MC has a shield that looks more like Boosted Gear/gauntlet-style rather than the Shield Hero style.

No wonder some people have compared the story to Absolute Duo :blobrofl:

Well, I did spice it up a bit by giving it an ability to assimilate with another spirit weapon once he and the girl both fully accept each other and are willing to "unite their hearts" or some term like that, thus justifying the harem elements. Kinda like in Strike the Blood where each familiar of the main character is associated with a particular girl.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Ice and a turd become fire and there's soul shit 11/10
Honestly, I'm impressed you took the turd as a turd instead of a rock, and that's actually a thing in dnd
Fireball
Components V,S,M(a tiny ball of bat guano and sulfur)

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
Mana is something everyone has in their body, so everyone patient enough to study magic can use spells to some degree. Certain people with blessings or fancy tools can use spells, not magic. That's for the people who are native to the world.

People who isekaid from another world also can learn magic like natives, but they can learn specific spells by doing certain things or using their guidelines.

Now let's talk about the difference between using magic and using spells. Understanding magic is like understanding the rules of physics of our world and manipulating it for the cost of energy which is mana in my world.

For example, let's take two random people, one studied fire magic, and the other guy learned a spell that allows him to shoot fireballs. The guy who studied magic is not limited to a single spell, and can do other things than shooting fireballs, but the person who only knows fireball spell is limited to it and can't do anything else.

Of course, someone can learn both spells and study magic, and it makes that person much more efficient in the usage of that spell as he/she understands the nature of what he/she is currently doing.

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
in one of my other novels. MC is dying in a cave and he forms a pact with ancient entity who takes form of a beautiful young woman. He gains a lot of strength and slaughters 10,000 soldiers by himself. He also has blood magic and is a vampire lord too!

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
I don't think I ever settled on a single system per se...

But in general I just lift concepts from Nasuverse's magic when I need something quick.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I don't have much of a system for my spells. People that can make magic try making magic and magic works. That's all there is to it~

EternalSunset0

in one of my other novels. MC is dying in a cave and he forms a pact with ancient entity who takes form of a beautiful young woman. He gains a lot of strength and slaughters 10,000 soldiers by himself. He also has blood magic and is a vampire lord too!
Where is this? :unsure:

Armored99

Harem-phobic
Basic magic plus Items made from the conflict between the laws of different dimensions creating phenomena that can be utilized to produce tools with inexplicable effects.

FDSIO

Have you ever heard about the magic that makes you invisible... for women? I've heard that it's achievable even in reality. :blob_joy:

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
Have you ever heard about the magic that makes you invisible... for women? I've heard that it's achievable even in reality. :blob_joy:
It’s call a house

rain-090

Usual magic is used systematically through forming magic circles with mana, so pretty standard. Though that method is for noobs, and "true magic" involves bending mana to one's Will, which is the kind of magic where one can just do whatever they can think of if they have the mana pool for it, and understand how it works. Can get pretty OP, but it's comprehension-based, similar to cultivation and comprehending Laws and such, so it's difficult as fuck even if one has the ability to use it. Though such a method of magic-using is very rare in my universes and is something that would be seen being used by conquerors of past, emperors, etc. It's also a requirement for becoming Ascended, any kind of divinity/god, etc. It also tends to manifest a form of "personal magic" or skill, which can sometimes be related to one's bloodline, but even if someone with the talent for using "true magic" has kids and descendants, it more than likely won't show up again for thousands of years.

I can't remember the exact name, but I know they called the weapons Blazes and the MC had a shield.
What would gods/divinity be in this system you speak of?
How does one go from being a circle noob to bending magic

Also, how does the skill thing work?

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
What would gods/divinity be in this system you speak of?
How does one go from being a circle noob to bending magic

Also, how does the skill thing work?
Gods/Divinity would be when someone who has gained the ability to use their Will become objects of faith, and with more believers and their own comprehension, they gain power. The peak of divinity is having 'total' control over a concept, law, things like that.

Do go from circle virgin to will chad, it pretty much works through enlightenment. Either that, or you're just born with it, but that usually results in the child being killed while young, though there are chances for them to appear on backwater planets and such, outside the detection of those who have the ability to realize that they can use their will for magic.

The 'skills' are personalized abilities that appear for everyone that can use their Will for magic. It's like how in some stories, at a certain age everyone would manifest a soul tool/weapon, or something like that(for example, douluo dalu), except that it's usually an ability. It can literally be anything, from physical enhancements to stopping time. They can usually be trained through comprehension, so the more powerful they are, they're usually weak at the beginning and require lots of knowledge and such to become as powerful as they can become. Stopping time works this way, would probs stop time for under a second of the user's own perception with a long cooldown and/or backlash, but if they learn about and comprehend space and time, they can increase the power of their ability.

I probs wouldn't use the stopping time ability as an example of the 'skills' since it's boring and anyone can do it if they understand space time enough. But all skills work that way, anyone can use them if they understand it, but the personal aspects should be different for every peson, meaning they'd have to understand the entirety of a person's heart, soul, past present and sometimes even future to be able to perfectly copy it. Idk, my magic system is pretty rugged since I don't write lol