Writing Prompt Ten Commandments Heroes

• Thread starter Deleted member 26725
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 26725

I have seen stories where there’s seven Demon Lords representing one of the seven deadly sins each.

I have been wondering, instead of seven virtues heroes, why not Ten Commandments heroes?

Leave your ideas here

LostLibrarian

I have been wondering, instead of seven virtues heroes, why not Ten Commandments heroes?
Because they wouldn't be that different from each other. And the whole idea of such a theme is to make each person easily recognizable. You hear the sin and you can imagine the person behind it.

But for Ten Commandments?

The "Thou shalt not steal "-hero? Shouldn't that be all of them?
The "Thou shalt not commit adultery"-hero? So all the other 9 go and take random wives?
The "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house"-hero?

There would be some cool ideas you could do with it (like a hero who rests on sunday even in the middle of a war). But that's where you take a good thing and make it a flaw.

But generally said, most "you shall be good"-rules are hard to use, because every hero should follow most of them. Otherwise they wouldn't be a hero...

Jemini

I have seen stories where there’s seven Demon Lords representing one of the seven deadly sins each.

Leave your ideas here
Even better. Why not go with heroes of the 11 Sephirot? And to go with it demons of the 11 Qliphoth instead of the 7 sins.

The Qliphoth and Sephirot are the OG 7 sins and 7 virtues, after all. (Sephirot and Qliphoth being the Hebrew originals of what the Christians later copied and turned into the 7 virtues and 7 sins.)

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Because they wouldn't be that different from each other. And the whole idea of such a theme is to make each person easily recognizable. You hear the sin and you can imagine the person behind it.

The "Thou shalt not commit adultery"-hero? So all the other 9 go and take random wives?

There would be some cool ideas you could do with it (like a hero who rests on sunday even in the middle of a war). But that's where you take a good thing and make it a flaw.

But generally said, most "you shall be good"-rules are hard to use, because every hero should follow most of them. Otherwise they wouldn't be a hero...
We could probably make a sitcom out of that where "thou shalt not steal" -hero contemplates if fucking the next door neighbor's wife is considered "stealing her purity" while the "honour thy mother and father" -hero comes back home with a brown bag of shopping which he obviously didn't pay for because ma and pa never said anything about stealing because when the fuck do commandment have parents?

D

Deleted member 26725

Even better. Why not go with heroes of the 11 Sephirot? And to go with it demons of the 11 Qliphoth instead of the 7 sins.

The Qliphoth and Sephirot are the OG 7 sins and 7 virtues, after all. (Sephirot and Qliphoth being the Hebrew originals of what the Christians later copied and turned into the 7 virtues and 7 sins.)
It’s actually 10 each

More like each one having a personality that expresses each commandment

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 26725

How do you think it would work better?

Last edited by a moderator:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I could see it working for a series of short stories, but I feel that's too many protagonists for a coherent novel.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
I'd love to see "thou shall not make any graven image" hero in an average fantasy world, he'd go around and destroy any and all works of art claiming they are blasphemous against jhvh who brought you out of Egyptian bondage.