That one tag you avoid.

Jailbreak571

Former CEO of Kamazon. Active lurker
BL, GL, yuri, yaoi, harem, netorare, smut, evil protagonist, manipulative protagonist (I'm okay if it's comedy), harem seeking protagonist, cultivation novels, apathetic protagonist (used to love this), shouju ai, shounen ai, ecchi, children protagonist, cute protagonist, absurdly beautiful/handsome protagonist and many many more.

ModernGold7ne

That fly you can't swat.
BL, GL, yuri, yaoi, harem, netorare, smut, evil protagonist, manipulative protagonist (I'm okay if it's comedy), harem seeking protagonist, cultivation novels, apathetic protagonist (used to love this), shouju ai, shounen ai, ecchi, children protagonist, cute protagonist, absurdly beautiful/handsome protagonist and many many more.
These words are like a tune to my soul, it strongly resonates.

No, that wasn't a pick up line.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I'm not into NTR. I prefer polyamory where everyone is working together.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
i already filter out BL so i'd say NTR, tragedy and bisexual protagonist

NTR and tragedy for obvious reasons. bisexual protag because i like my GL and het separate. GL stories with bisexual protag tags are a pet peeve of mine.

D

Deleted member 57675

Hmm...some things i usually avoid:

Rape
Harem
Child Abuse
Child Protagonist
Isekai
Incest
Litrpg
Reincarnated as a Monster
Reincarnated as an Object
Reincarnated into a Game World
Reincarnated into Another World
Reincarnation
Transmigration
Transplanted Memories
Transported into a Game World
Transported into Another World
Transported Modern Structure
GL
BL
Loli
Shota

Avoid rape, harem, loli, shota like the plague.

Some things i don't bother filter out because by the time i remove transmigration, recarination, transport, litrpg, isekai, i pretty much have a very little selection that probably excludes the other tags aforementioned.

Unless there's a transmigration, reicarnated, isekai story thats a shiny needle in a haystack, its a pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bisexual protagonist, especially if it's a GL story. Though if it's for a male protagonist I find it kinda funny.

Weak protagonist: I don't like weak-ass MC's if it mainly focused on battles. Even if they're smart, I prefer if they're also strong enough to at least defend themselves against most enemies. I just couldn't stand when the MC has to always rely on everyone else to protect themselves and did nothing to improve their strength.

But if it's just urban life, comedy, slice-of-life or parody it's okay. When strength barely matters, it would just be another of the MC's quirk.

Naive protagonist: unless it's for comedic purposes, I will avoid these type of tags.

NTR: not really my thing. I don't even like being the audience and watch them suffer from adultery.

Harem (?): it's kinda an on-off thing for me. If I'm mainly in it for the story premise (like domination or conquest) and the Author decided to butcher it by padding them with shitty copy-pasta harem, I'm going to drop them. I went to that story expecting an OP dominance saga, not a shitty harem. Not to mention when they went back to the actual story the actual quality dropped harder than a fire mixtape.

...but if I'm mainly in the story 'cuz of the harem, it's good. It just delivered stuff as I expected.

Nationalism: it's especially prevalent in a lot of CN novels. Usually began with the MC getting an OP cheat but end up licking the government's ass every single time. I did read that was an easy way for trash novels in CN to gain clout, so yeah.

Tbh, the nationalism itself ain't the worst part. At best, they're just catering to the intended audience

It's just, a lot of bad novels there usually had the worst kind of nationalism (like abusing everyone who's not Chinese etc.) which made a lot of distaste in the review section.

Due to how vocal people are about these things, it's probably one of the easy ones to avoid.

bigbear51

Gender bender, don't care if it's the "wrong" or "right" way of doing it. I'd rather read NTR than bother with that oversaturated genre

ModernGold7ne

That fly you can't swat.
Gender bender, don't care if it's the "wrong" or "right" way of doing it. I'd rather read NTR than bother with that oversaturated genre
I also dislike genderbender but only if the story revolves around it or it is followed by GL, BL, smut or Romance.
Yes, I know I'm a hypocrite but my story has little to nothing to do with the tag.

aattss

Yaoi, though that's more of a personal taste thing.

Evil protagonist is definitely one I avoid, unless it's a smut thing where the protagonist does rape and mind control stuff. Either everything the "evil" protagonist does is morally justified and everyone else is just too stupid to realize that (or can't due to contrived reasons), or having morals is treated as inherently stupid so that the edgy contrarian MC gets treated as "smarter" than everyone else.

Serolithia

It's simply impossible to have just one tag to avoid.

Brainwashing, mind control and derivates. They can be ok depending how the story is written but most of the time it's...no.
BL, yaoi.
Not a fan of polyamory and polygamy. Also not a fan of harems, too many authors ruined them.
I'm very wary with smut, don't really enjoy reading it with the way most write it.
Perverted and harem seeking MC. Can't enjoy much the personality they come with. At all.
NTR.

These being the ones that make me think really hard if I want to read something or not.

sandro530

Romance and harem. Rarely and mostly in the past there were a few stories where I liked it despite those tags. My main problem with them is that, well romance often isn't well done. I do sometimes read novels with the tag, there is some gold here and there, but mostly and mainly in fanfiction these two genre tell me all I need to know about a story. Wish-fulfillment is often simply badly written.

While romance pairings often aren't something I enjoy reading.

longer

Balls
:rolleyes:Who was it that said genre bender was preferred on Scribblehub? That person lied. They clearly meant royalroad. :blobrofl:
The forum is the gathering ground of the site's vocal minority. Don't actually listen to all the advice from the people posting here.

Because why would you try to write what I want when I'm too lazy to even write my own stuff.