The ability to pin a certain work as featured

MajorKerina

Basically how Twitter pins certain posts to the top of someone’s account. I have some works from last year which I had to put on hiatus and short of deleting them and re-posting I feel like it would be insanely difficult for anyone to find these works if I added a new chapter aside from current readers and followers. It would be cool to be able to move up a work which otherwise would get lost. Perhaps there could be a limitation where it has to be updated in the last month. But this could help authors who have left a lot of unfinished stories to encourage them to bring the stories back to the forefront.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Basically how Twitter pins certain posts to the top of someone’s account. I have some works from last year which I had to put on hiatus and short of deleting them and re-posting I feel like it would be insanely difficult for anyone to find these works if I added a new chapter aside from current readers and followers. It would be cool to be able to move up a work which otherwise would get lost. Perhaps there could be a limitation where it has to be updated in the last month. But this could help authors who have left a lot of unfinished stories to encourage them to bring the stories back to the forefront.
The front page shows new updates for any novels that updated recently. The chances of works leaving a hiatus finding new readers are the same as any other ongoing work.

MajorKerina

I mean pin it to an author’s page. Sorry if that wasn’t clear. So you have your main page as an author and then you have say… “Story just released“
“Story right behind that”

And then your last story is the last in chronological order

My proposal is that an author if they wish to can feature a particular work at the front of their profile page. Not concerned about the website main page.

Writer McWritery’s Writing
“Featured story”
“Most recent work posted”
So that way a selected story can be pinned to the top of an authors personal page. Hope that makes it clearer.

Basically I’m thinking of Twitter feature pins but for certain stories you want to appear first on your author profile

Attachments

• 01B986EC-A2B9-4251-A91A-6CAD9B761082.png
    01B986EC-A2B9-4251-A91A-6CAD9B761082.png
    369.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
Rather than just pinning one, I think the best might be to allow us to sort the works shown on the author's page just like we can on the create-dashboard by now. That way, authors could choose themselves if they'd rather display new works, finished works or whatever at the front, as well as giving us the opportunity to sort them sensibly. E.g., if you have a story and a sequel of the story but were writing several other stories in-between, then the main story and sequel are far apart. A sorting option would allow us to put them back together.

MajorKerina

That would be ideal but I figure small steps since it doesn’t seem like those in charge are keen on changing the sorting from most recently published.