The Adventum Contest

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Adventum.png

Hublets unite, it’s time to prove yourself again in another contest! For those that participated in SSSC and SAC, you should know how it works now but there have been changes so let me explain. You are about to compete with each other in order to win the grand prize and claim yourself to be the one and only Adventus Author.

It should be noted that this competition isn’t an official ScribbleHub competition! Now let’s go into the gritty details before you charge forward.

Info.png

This is an original series contest only which mean that we’ll only allow new entries that would be exclusive for ScribbleHub for the duration of the contest. Unlike SAC and similar to SSSC, The Adventum Contest has themes! Hip, hip, hurray… Here are the themes:

Theme (Pick at least 1):
  1. Town/Kingdom/Empire Building
  2. Reincarnated as an X (Anything non-human)
  3. Combination of Magic and Technology
You only have to pick one of the themes but can combine them if you decide to be edgy and hardcore.

To enter the contest, you have to select the contest tag (The Adventum Contest) when editing your story information!

Story entry list can be found here: https://www.scribblehub.com/contest/the-adventum-contest/

I can already hear the questions in your mind so let’s answer them while we are at it.

Q: Is it fine to post the story elsewhere after the competition ends?

A: Yes, you can post the story anywhere after the contest has concluded. However, the story will be disqualified if the story is posted on other platforms before the conclusion of the contest.

Q: Can I use an alternate/spin-off/fanfic of an existing story?

A: No, you can not. It must be an original story with no link to an existing story/world.

Q: What if I’ve written a story that fits the requirement but never posted it before?

A: Since there’s no way for us to check when you wrote the story, as long as you’ve never posted it anywhere else before, it is perfectly fine to use it as a contest entry.

Q: Can I post the story on Patreon to earn money from it during the contest? (Advanced chapters)

A: You can use advanced chapters. However, your story will solely be judged based on what you’ve posted on ScribbleHub!

Q: Can we get badges/titles?

A: As mentioned before this is not an official competition hence we don’t provide that as prizes. But we do have prizes thanks to our sponsors.

Q: Is there a max word count and can I submit more than once?

A: There is no max word count and yes you can submit more than once.

Q: Who would own the copyright to the story?

A: You authors will retain all the right to the story.

Q: Can I advertise the story?

A: Yes you definitely can!

Now let’s go into the rules just so that you don’t accidentally disqualify yourself.

Rules.png

1. Has to be an original story, exclusive to SH for the duration of the contest.
  2. Series need to reach 40,000-word count by 17th August 11:59 PM (GMT+7).
  3. Have not been posted before 16/05/2020.
  4. You must use at least one of the provided themes.
  5. You must state what theme you chose in the story’s synopsis.
  6. Do not use stolen artwork for your story cover.
  7. Using bots to increase your statistic will get you disqualified and blacklisted from future competitions.
  8. No plagiarism.
  9. Rules are subjected to change as the competition progress.

Prizes.png

Now, who are the generous chosen individuals that have decided to grace us with their holy wallets? It’s none other than the prolific author, Ace Arriande, and our website overlord, Tony!

They have both donated 100$ to the competition and Tony has also decided to award the competition winner a 24-hour sticky on the sister site, NovelUpdates! If you are an ambitious author, you shouldn’t miss this chance to further promote your growth. Here are how the prizes split up between the winners:

Authors can only win one prize (If the author got 3rd place in reader ranking and 1st place in Viewership, the author must pick between one of the prizes and forgo the other one)

Reader Ranking:
  1. 150$ + NU Spot
  2. 50$
  3. Pick either Discord Nitro/Game from List
Most Amount of 5 Star Rating:
  1. Pick either Discord Nitro/Game from List
Highest Average Chapter Viewership:
Game List (Steam):
  • Chasm
  • The Adventure Pals
  • Wandersong
  • Dandara
  • Fight'N Rage
  • Aaero
  • Kona
  • The Escapists 2

Last edited:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
View attachment 2666
Hublets unite, it’s time to prove yourself again in another contest! For those that participated in SSSC and SAC, you should know how it works now but there have been changes so let me explain. You are about to compete with each other in order to win the grand prize and claim yourself to be the one and only Adventus Author.

It should be noted that this competition isn’t an official ScribbleHub competition! Now let’s go into the gritty details before you charge forward.

View attachment 2668
This is an original series contest only which mean that we’ll only allow new entries that would be exclusive for ScribbleHub for the duration of the contest. Unlike SAC and similar to SSSC, The Adventum Contest has themes! Hip, hip, hurray… Here are the themes:

Theme (Pick at least 1):
  1. Town/Kingdom/Empire Building
  2. Reincarnated as an X (Anything non-human)
  3. Combination of Magic and Technology
You only have to pick one of the themes but can combine them if you decide to be edgy and hardcore.

To enter the contest, you have to select the contest tag (The Adventum Contest) when editing your story information!

I can already hear the questions in your mind so let’s answer them while we are at it.

Q: Is it fine to post the story elsewhere after the competition ends?

A: Yes, you can post the story anywhere after the contest has concluded. However, the story will be disqualified if the story is posted on other platforms before the conclusion of the contest.

Q: Can I use an alternate/spin-off/fanfic of an existing story?

A: No, you can not. It must be an original story with no link to an existing story/world.

Q: What if I’ve written a story that fits the requirement but never posted it before?

A: Since there’s no way for us to check when you wrote the story, as long as you’ve never posted it anywhere else before, it is perfectly fine to use it as a contest entry.

Q: Can I post the story on Patreon to earn money from it during the contest? (Advanced chapters)

A: You can use advanced chapters. However, your story will solely be judged based on what you’ve posted on ScribbleHub!

Q: Can we get badges/titles?

A: As mentioned before this is not an official competition hence we don’t provide that as prizes. But we do have prizes thanks to our sponsors.

Q: Is there a max word count and can I submit more than once?

A: There is no max word count and yes you can submit more than once.

Q: Who would own the copyright to the story?

A: You authors will retain all the right to the story.

Q: Can I advertise the story?

A: Yes you definitely can!

Now let’s go into the rules just so that you don’t accidentally disqualify yourself.

View attachment 2669
  1. Has to be an original story, exclusive to SH for the duration of the contest.
  2. Series need to reach 40,000-word count by 17th August 11:59 PM (GMT+7).
  3. Have not been posted before 16/05/2020.
  4. You must use at least one of the provided themes.
  5. You must state what theme you chose in the story’s synopsis.
  6. Do not use stolen artwork for your story cover.
  7. Using bots to increase your statistic will get you disqualified and blacklisted from future competitions.
  8. No plagiarism.
  9. Rules are subjected to change as the competition progress.

View attachment 2670
Now, who are the generous chosen individuals that have decided to grace us with their holy wallets? It’s none other than the prolific author, Ace Arriande, and our website overlord, Tony!

They have both donated 100$ to the competition and Tony has also decided to award the competition winner a 24-hour sticky on the sister site, NovelUpdates! If you are an ambitious author, you shouldn’t miss this chance to further promote your growth. Here are how the prizes split up between the winners:

Authors can only win one prize (If the author got 3rd place in reader ranking and 1st place in Viewership, the author must pick between one of the prizes and forgo the other one)

Reader Ranking:
  1. 150$ + NU Spot
  2. 50$
  3. Pick either Discord Nitro/Game from List
Most Amount of 5 Star Rating:
Highest Viewership:
Game List (Steam):
  • Chasm
  • The Adventure Pals
  • Wandersong
  • Dandara
  • Fight'N Rage
  • Aaero
  • Kona
  • The Escapists 2
Are you going to have a thread linking to people's entries?
|.o)

X

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
I might use this as an excuse to start a new novel.

Some questions; about 2), does it have to be reincarnated, or just transform/mutate/body-swap?

Then, about 3), elaborate technology.

Last edited:

XianPiete

Bad Fiction Author
I've always wanted to write an empire-building story. Maybe I'll write one for this contest.

CJWrites

Is there an idiots guide to doing this as I've never posted anything to a site like this.

just in time, i kinda want to write something about kingdom building, but the mc is so damn hilariously incompetent.

all of the other kingdom building seem to try to make things perfect, so it gets boring to me.

not sure if i can write 40k words though, but i might try when my schedule is cleared up.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Are you going to have a thread linking to people's entries?
|.o)

X
I think I'll consider doing that.

Some questions; about 2), does it have to be reincarnated, or just transform/mutate/body-swap?

Then, about 3), elaborate technology.
Can be body-swap but the MC must not retain their original body.

Technology here is really left up to your interpretation. You could either go with machinery or science, as long as it's just not solely magic.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Is there an idiots guide to doing this as I've never posted anything to a site like this.
Once you post your story, remember to include the contest tag when editing your story.

Quaesitor

Technology here is really left up to your interpretation. You could either go with machinery or science, as long as it's just not solely magic.
Just to clarify, does a structured magic-system based on a scientific approach alone or science that is based on magic and magical ingredients alone count?