The Adventum Contest

CL

I apologize for having to ask this because the answer should be plain and clear as is, but I am thinking too deeply into it. When you presented the rules, I read: "Do not use stolen artwork for your story cover." In my understanding, it is simply put: no stealing. What I am not sure about is if the cover has to be original. Could I search online and ask an artist for their permission to use one of their pieces? If I received consent from the artist, it is not stealing. Is that what you meant or does the cover have to be an original?

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
I apologize for having to ask this because the answer should be plain and clear as is, but I am thinking too deeply into it. When you presented the rules, I read: "Do not use stolen artwork for your story cover." In my understanding, it is simply put: no stealing. What I am not sure about is if the cover has to be original. Could I search online and ask an artist for their permission to use one of their pieces? If I received consent from the artist, it is not stealing. Is that what you meant or does the cover have to be an original?
If you get the artist's consent then that's fine.

Shadehaven

For empire building, does it have to have screens? You see, here's the gist of what I'm thinking of.

Small kobold has big aspirations, gets stronger through the world's unique magic system, no screens, but most of all, the kingdom building aspect doesn't even really start as a kingdom building aspect at the beginning. Rather, he forms his own faction within the kobold group he's in as his first goal is to take over the lair. Later it starts picking up.

I don't really need to be doing this, since It'll be a technology and magic world, but still. Not only that, but that aspect picks up after the kingdom building, though you catch whiffs of it throughout the first parts.

And no, the character is not a human into a kobold, it is just a kobold.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
For empire building, does it have to have screens? You see, here's the gist of what I'm thinking of.

Small kobold has big aspirations, gets stronger through the world's unique magic system, no screens, but most of all, the kingdom building aspect doesn't even really start as a kingdom building aspect at the beginning. Rather, he forms his own faction within the kobold group he's in as his first goal is to take over the lair. Later it starts picking up.

I don't really need to be doing this, since It'll be a technology and magic world, but still. Not only that, but that aspect picks up after the kingdom building, though you catch whiffs of it throughout the first parts.

And no, the character is not a human into a kobold, it is just a kobold.
That's fine, as long as you bring in territory management into the story then it'll fit the theme. Good luck writing!

XiaoWenTian

I have question, regarding no 2
If, say, I picked reincarnated as X non human, is it all right if the X later become human?
And regarding the reincarnation, is it okay if it's transmigration (from other world?) Instead of reincarnation (same world?) And have system admin like on chinese wn
Basically what I want to write is the X realized when she woke up she woke up on the wold of fiction.

Mihou

Firefly—
If, say, I picked reincarnated as X non human, is it all right if the X later become human?
And regarding the reincarnation, is it okay if it's transmigration (from other world?) Instead of reincarnation (same world?) And have system admin like on chinese wn
Basically what I want to write is the X realized when she woke up she woke up on the wold of fiction.
I think it has to stay as a non human till the end, there are loopholes such as having a human form, though I don't really know maybe Daddy Alv allows it.

XiaoWenTian

So does it count @Alverost ?
I think its like that Reincarnated into Vending machine where the VM eventually became human, I wonder if its possible for it to have human form while having main non human form.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
So does it count @Alverost ?
I think its like that Reincarnated into Vending machine where the VM eventually became human, I wonder if its possible for it to have human form while having main non human form.
Getting a humanoid form is fine but the character can't become a human again.

Cosmic

What about building and managing an international criminal empire/shadow organization? Could that fall into town/kingdom/territory building? What if I include base and shop building?

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
What about building and managing an international criminal empire/shadow organization? Could that fall into town/kingdom/territory building? What if I include base and shop building?
Yes as long as you include territory management then that's fine.

D

Deleted member 19049

Don't think I'm entering, actually. I like to thoroughly plan a story from beginning to end before I even consider writing a draft, and this process can sometimes be slow, taking months. Plus I want to set it in the universe I've spent close to a decade creating so that immediately disqualifies me. Good luck to all who enter the competition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kotohood

Noob Author
Probably not going to join as I'm not really interested in the themes presented. Rather do my own story.

Good luck to those participating though.

Darkwood

This one looks pretty interesting! And it ends at my brother's birthday, so you all should vote for my story to let me buy him a gift! XD

Tbh I'm not even sure I'll participate, but I'll consider it! ^^)/
Please don't, the rest of us want to have a chance of winning...

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
You can gain a humanoid form or use a humanoid creature, it just can't be human anymore.
So elf is fine?

What if the protagonist starts as human, then in chapter 2 or 3 got cursed into being a fairy, but since he can hide his wings, he can pretend to be human among humans?

Also about the kingdom building thing, what if it's a sci-fi space colony? Does that count?