The Adventum Contest

Goswick

Drunken Australian
What do you mean exactly?

Was thinking about making a random ass story about a Holier-Than-Thou Paladin being reincarnated into a Bag of Weed. That means I can flex that Drugs tag (cuz why not?), but I'm not sure if it'd be appropriate for this competition.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Was thinking about making a random ass story about a Holier-Than-Thou Paladin being reincarnated into a Bag of Weed. That means I can flex that Drugs tag (cuz why not?), but I'm not sure if it'd be appropriate for this competition.
As long as you have the proper tag/content warning then that's fine.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
  1. Town/Kingdom/Empire Building
  2. Reincarnated as an X (Anything non-human)
  3. Combination of Magic and Technology
Question about point 1. Is X building intended in sense of actual empire management or mere world building?

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
  1. Town/Kingdom/Empire Building
  2. Reincarnated as an X (Anything non-human)
  3. Combination of Magic and Technology
Question about point 1. Is X building intended in sense of actual empire management or mere world building?
Not world building but territory management.

Zero300

I'm interested. I know I've already have a lot on my plate, but my mind has already been made.

TowerGuy

Hi!

I want to join, but I can't find the tag. How am I screwing this up? =x

Edit: NVM, found it. Just waiting for my cover to update so I don't offend the "no stolen art" rule.

Goswick

Drunken Australian
Hey, posted an Adventum entry today. I think it fits into both the Magic and Technology and Reincarnated as an X genres, but not sure how much it technically fits into Reincarnated as an X, so that's why I made sure to do two themes.

Anyway, the site's doing wacky things, so unfortunately it won't include me in the Adventum Contest - despite the fact that my story is tagged as being part of the Adventum Contest. Hoping to join you all soon though!

EDIT: The site is not doing wacky things, I'm just dumb and don't know how approval works lol

Last edited:

Mihou

Firefly—
Hey, posted an Adventum entry today. I think it fits into both the Magic and Technology and Reincarnated as an X genres, but not sure how much it technically fits into Reincarnated as an X, so that's why I made sure to do two themes.

Anyway, the site's doing wacky things, so unfortunately it won't include me in the Adventum Contest - despite the fact that my story is tagged as being part of the Adventum Contest. Hoping to join you all soon though!

EDIT: The site is not doing wacky things, I'm just dumb and don't know how approval works lol
Goodluck to you as well.

• Your story will basically fit in Reincarnated as an X as long as it reincarnates into an object or species that is not human and no, anything like high-human, and superhuman are not allowed.

Another thing to note is, your protagonist cannot be human once reincarnated, basically, you can make them have forms that basically act and feel like a human but have restrictions (which mine is forcing my protagonist to return to its original form, a grimoire, once she runs out of mana).

Well, that should be all, once again, Goodluck!

Goswick

Drunken Australian
Goodluck to you as well.

• Your story will basically fit in Reincarnated as an X as long as it reincarnates into an object or species that is not human and no, anything like high-human, and superhuman are not allowed.

Another thing to note is, your protagonist cannot be human once reincarnated, basically, you can make them have forms that basically act and feel like a human but have restrictions (which mine is forcing my protagonist to return to its original form, a grimoire, once she runs out of mana).

Well, that should be all, once again, Goodluck!

Haha, my problem isn't what people are being reincarnated into, it's the fact that my protagonist isn't the one being reincarnated (at least, not yet anyway). So that's why I'm relying on the Magic and Tech theme as well. I figured I'd get it cleared with Alverost first, but then I thought I probably pestered him with enough questions, and there shouldn't be any problem with making it into a two-theme story just in case.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Update for clarification
Mainly applies to the 2nd theme (Reincarnated to X), the MC may return to a human (temporarily) they shouldn't have this as a permanent ability. If your story still allows the MC to return to a human by the end of the competition, it would be disqualified regardless of your word count. Some people have asked about humanoid forms, which are perfectly fine as long as they aren't human by biology (humans with powers still count as humans)

It has also come to my attention that there was some trash talking about other contest entries in the previous competition. Please don't sabotage your fellow competitors and show good sportsmanship.

Arexio

Coffee Addict
I finally created an entry for the contest after @Alverost's nagging reminding. :blob_whistle_two:

It's about mer-people, pirates, and the sea. Ahoy mateys~ :blob_salute:

P.S. - I would like a pirate blob, tyvm. :blob_sir:

Mihou

Firefly—
I finally created an entry for the contest after @Alverost's nagging reminding. :blob_whistle_two:

It's about mer-people, pirates, and the sea. Ahoy mateys~ :blob_salute:

P.S. - I would like a pirate blob, tyvm. :blob_sir:

I would like to remind you to place the advertising here.

Adventum's Story Entries.

TowerGuy

Hey there!

I made this myself, so it doesn't count as stolen artwork despite the center image coming from Mister Google, right?!

Attachments

• cover.png
    cover.png
    67 KB · Views: 68