The Ant Cave

Mysticant

Resident Ant
I think I am getting better at lineless art. I shall rebel against black outlines!
@LoliconGentleman Don't you like it when you don't have to worry about what size to draw when there is no size?

The drawing process if any artist is curious.

Last edited:

Mysticant

Resident Ant
It's so amazing, colorful, clear and awesome!!!!! 😍
Thank you for the praise! I am trying to include some images like every 4 chapters be it the childish scribbles or actual speed colour art to make the novel have a more interactive feel for it. I was quite proud of testing this go all ham with colors and forget about the lines concept, thus I decided to share the way it could be done. Perhaps, we get to see more art done here in SH in the future.

Thorkell_40k

Your always welcomed 😀 Nice 😊 you surely are hardworking to striving to improve your art 😃 I hope you post more of your arts here ☺ why don't you check mine too 😋

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Slight line redraw + edits: Dragon Bride Edition

I also noticed the difference between Medibang and IbisPaint...I would still go with Ibis though I love the gradient function here. Reminds me of my first non-outline drawing.

Last edited:

Mysticant

Resident Ant
A drawing of a character from my novel. Millie Silverborn.
Now for my thoughts on this...
Seven words...
Silver-haired master race, Ting-ling and Boobas.

I guess the biggest challenges here would be my own OC silver-hair palette and I guess backgrounds since I hate drawing those.

Will post vimeo later.

Vimeo for those who care:blob_hide::

Oh right and if anyone thinks that looking under the dress is too ecchi. Don't worry, I have you covered.:blob_okay:

Well you can compare and see how good Medibang's colour gradient effect is for the underwater effect. But everything else sucks so if given the options I will still draw on Ibis.

Last edited:

Mysticant

Resident Ant
So, if I get slightly serious and add another 1.5 hours of fine-tuning...hmm I feel that I could just do another speed draw. Oh well, it is a silver-haired waifu. She deserves the fine-tune.

Spoiler: When it becomes too bright...sigh..
Untitled31(4).png

Last edited:

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Irrelevant pic spam for novel, don't mind me.

Last edited:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
So, if I get slightly serious and add another 1.5 hours of fine-tuning...hmm I feel that I could just do another speed draw. Oh well, it is a silver-haired waifu. She deserves the fine-tune.

Spoiler: When it becomes too bright...sigh..
Looks the same to me :blob_hmm:

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Looks the same to me :blob_hmm:
Basically, hair trimming, fixing eyes, lighting shading, adding moonlight to hand, drawing ear and stuff. All very subtle stuff. It is more of a completionist thingy, the majority of the stuff is done during the speed paint. Hence, fine-tuning.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Basically, hair trimming, fixing eyes, lighting shading, adding moonlight to hand, drawing ear and stuff. All very subtle stuff. It is more of a completionist thingy, the majority of the stuff is done during the speed paint. Hence, fine-tuning.
It’s like playing ‘find the difference’

Mysticant

Resident Ant
It’s like playing ‘find the difference’
It is. I probably could have completed another piece in the time I took to fine tune, but you know the details are important to me. I don’t regret it…probably. If you are referring to the brighter part it is more of the light on the hand.

Last edited:

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Hmm one of the character concepts for the next fight in my novel. A pleasant middle finger to the face by an old man. Feelsgoodman.
Untitled37.png

Mysticant

Resident Ant
I liked my previous cover, but I guess it is time to switch cover to cover the current fighting theme....so yeah!

I will miss you. :blob_no:

Last edited:

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Some sketches for my novel. Probably no colors since those take forever.
Untitled49.png
Untitled50.png
Untitled51.png

Untitled51(1).png

Okay, maybe just for this one.

Last edited: