Writing Prompt The cat and 9 lives

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
You know how people always say cats have 9 lives? Well how about a story based on that saying?
A story from the perspective of a cat and it's journey with it's owner through 9 lives, each arc will be about what the cat and owner does in that life, be it treasure hunting, dungeon diving, being a chef or just an ordinary person. Basically the cats immortal but the owner is human but the cat only sees that one soul as it's owner, so the 9 lives in this case is the 9 reincarnated lives of the owner.

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
How about going through 9 layers of hell?
Maybe a sequel to the prompt
but personally I'd rather read about a normal person and their travels throughout different worlds

How about going through 9 layers of hell?
Oh, this is interesting too and can have so many variations.
Like 9 cats and 9 people, with different stories of how they ended up in each hell?
or 1 person going through all layers of hell and meeting 9 different cats/finding out about their histories

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Btw atleast one of the lives needs to be a catgirl or else your story is invalid xd

Bluebery

Serpent Keeper
@Ddraig

Hmm hopefully you do take posts in installments. I'll be damned if I could write out 2k chapter right away.
But practice makes perfect so it's better than nothing!

First Circle - White Cat

"Haa...haaa.....haa"
I opened my eyes in cold sweat. My heart won't stop beating loudly and my hands are shaking.

"It's okay....it's okay...it was just a dream...you're breathing, aren't you? that means that you are alive...calm down, calm down...", I took a few deep breaths and tried to calm myself down. Lately, it's always like this. I awaken from a nightmare and take several minutes until I am able to get my composure back.
I know that it's just a dream.
I also know that I won't even remember it after I get up and wash my face. But I still can't do anything about this fear in my heart. Fear that I'll.....

Either way, there's not much use thinking about it, so I might as well get ready.
I got up, washed my face and changed out of my pajamas. Then I ate my breakfast, hurriedly brushed my teeth and left the house.

I'll walk till the station, it's not like I'm in a rush anyway. Besides, the weather is unexpectedly very nice too.

I continued walking down the pavement.
Wait, where's my phone? I patted down all my pockets and even looked in my bag but my precious baby wasn't anywhere.
Fuck, guess I'll have to quickly go back and return here running.
Just as I turned back,

*tinkle* *tinkle*

My sight was naturally drawn towards the sound and when I looked, I noticed a white cat with a bell collar running across the street, about to be run over by a truck.
At that moment, I don't know what came over me but I changed my direction towards the cat and run in front of it in hopes of saving it from death.

....Wait a minute, why am I risking my own life for a cat I'm seeing for the first time in my life?
I questioned my decisions a bit too late. The moment I looked up, my sight collided with the bright lights of the truck and the last thing I felt was excruciating burning.

------

"Haa...haaa.....haa"
I opened my eyes in cold sweat. My heart won't stop beating loudly and my hands are shaking.

mrsimple

Writer
A quick question: Could we do a cooperative prompt? Maybe like the SSSC, we all take a whack at it, and see how it turns out? Or we could even write out a chapter of one out of those nine lives and add them into whatever order. XD

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Reminds me of A Dog's Journey.