The color you prefer for healing potions.

Color of the healing potion

• Red

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • Green

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
Not for a story, not for writing. I am just curious, since both the color green and red is used (mostly red) for healing potions, but between two, which one you prefer.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Why the fuck green?

Red, cuz that's what video games have conditioned me to.

The other color I accept is golden orange, cuz estus flask.

@Agentt you said green but not choosing it.

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
The golden rule is that red is for health and blue is for mana. All other colors' effects sometimes vary greatly between other games, so nothing is set in stone.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I prefer no potions. I'm on a no-heal run. Any alternative is relegated to cowards who ask for more ice in their cola.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Blue if more fantasy-like but a weird murky green tea if meant to be more realistic to alchemy like Blooper said.

Jemini

murky brown and green. true alchemy.

"true alchemy" is based off of IRL potion making, also known in the modern day as tinctures. It's kind of like tea, except instead of water you use some of the strongest alcohol you can possibly get your hands on, and you let it 'steep' for 3 months instead of 3 minutes.

The color of Tinctures is actually varying colors of amber, essentially corresponding to the color of medium or dark beer.

If it's any other color than that, it either means you got ahold of some bad ingredients, usually with some kind of fungus, and also had alcohol that was too weak to counter this, the infusion bag ruptured while you were making it, or you otherwise added something that shouldn't normally be in there.

(Yes, I've made tinctures before. They can actually taste pretty good if you make them with 98% grain alcohol.)

Last edited:

Maze_Runner

□■ - I like running in mazes - ■□
I use a pinkish
I would think green is poison 😕

RICHIESPIDER505

Not for a story, not for writing. I am just curious, since both the color green and red is used (mostly red) for healing potions, but between two, which one you prefer.
Red for healing potion blue for mana potion green for poison and light green for Antioxidant.

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
Clear, just like real life (my healing potion is vodka)

Tempokai

Overworked One
Muddy green color, with the chunky parts that stuck on the bottom. And if that is not an option, then beer like color.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
I would use the absolute most nauseating shade of green you have ever seen because the more ugly the color of the medicine, the more it'll help you.

i love orange potion, esp if it actually taste like orange juice.