The first one is done. What's next?

I've completed my first short story. Should I start posting the second one or just give myself a break?
Depending If you love writing then go on with it, put out the next one. If not... Then perhaps a short-lived break would be optimal.

Maybe sleep a night over the replies you get here, then the next morning you could decide. The choice is yours to make.

Side note, I don't write short stories. My reply is from a different perspective, hence the crude but simple advice.

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
I've completed my first short story. Should I start posting the second one or just give myself a break?
I say a break is in order, just to think about your next project. Get the basic details down and then let them dance in your head until you got a good plot going. That's what I would do.

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
Congrats on finishing your first short story!

Well, it all comes down to how much energy/motivation you have to make the next one. If you feel like you have an idea you want to put into text right now and you don't feel like you're pushing yourself, do go ahead and start you next one.

If you feel like you are forcing yourself to write, take a break. Note down the ideas you had and let them sit for a while. Who knows, you may even come up with ways to improve your idea with a fresh mind and fresh eyes.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
It's all up to you!I find that I lose momentum when I take a break. It was the one piece of bad advice that the person who inspired Marc gave me. Right now though, I don't have a choice because I have to hold my nipple in my baby's mouth for about six hours a day while I type with one hand, and then I have to prepare food and load/unload the dishwasher for about an hour a day, eat food/ shower for an hour, and then the rest of the time, I'm holding my baby with both hands.

D

Deleted member 45782

Congrats on finishing a story. Up to you if you want a break or go for it. Do what you feel more of. If you feel the rush of eagerness to start on another one, go for it. If you feel like you're hand is about to break and you feel like writing is slowly start to become more of a tiresome grind, then break it is.

Aza.Iva

Depending If you love writing then go on with it, put out the next one. If not... Then perhaps a short-lived break would be optimal.

Maybe sleep a night over the replies you get here, then the next morning you could decide. The choice is yours to make.

Side note, I don't write short stories. My reply is from a different perspective, hence the crude but simple advice.
My next morning happens 2 days after :blobrofl: Thanks all for congrats & advice. I decided to take a break before weekends & force myself to start writing then. Getting the idea part is not hard. Keeping myself dedicated to the whole writing - editing - publishing part is way harder for me personally. That's why I'm doing short stories hehe :blob_hide:

My next morning happens 2 days after :blobrofl: Thanks all for congrats & advice. I decided to take a break before weekends & force myself to start writing then. Getting the idea part is not hard. Keeping myself dedicated to the whole writing - editing - publishing part is way harder for me personally. That's why I'm doing short stories hehe :blob_hide:
Keep it up!

It's a great Hobby to have. Perhaps, this will prove a nice Addition to your Future.