The full potential of my skills.

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
I drew some fanart for an indie game called Maiden & Spell, which is the only game I'm playing because I love it so much.

I'm still touching it up, but this is pretty much the full potential of my drawing skills after being self taught for 2 decades.

What do you think? You think I need some improvements in some areas?

EDIT:
I forgot about the backgrounds. Yeah, I whipped it up kind of quickly. I'm going to touch it up but I guess that's a limitation I have. I'm guessing that's my next task, to draw backgrounds.

EDIT 2:

I still have my old fanart from 2019. Holy moly, 2 years makes a difference!

Last edited:

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
Seems pretty Bob Jones

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
I never heard of Bob Jones. What's their art about?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I drew some fanart for an indie game called Maiden & Spell, which is the only game I'm playing because I love it so much.

I'm still touching it up, but this is pretty much the full potential of my drawing skills after being self taught for 2 decades.

EDIT:
I forgot about the backgrounds. Yeah, I whipped it up kind of quickly. I'm going to touch it up but I guess that's a limitation I have. I'm guessing that's my next task, to draw backgrounds.

EDIT 2:

astonishing! you can truly feel the passion of the artists. The way he uses these dark, almost morbid tones. Why, its obvious. It symbolizes transgression in its truest form. And the green! Lush and verdant like a field of vines. My verdict? The composition depicts spiritual dualism, the continual battle between good and evil. Lolicon, and shotacon. What's more, defiance.

A splendid piece.

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
astonishing! you can truly feel the passion of the artists. The way he uses these dark, almost morbid tones. Why, its obvious. It symbolizes transgression in its truest form. And the green! Lush and verdant like a field of vines. My verdict? The composition depicts spiritual dualism, the continual battle between good and evil. Lolicon, and shotacon. What's more, defiance.

A splendid piece.

...or it's just fanart for an indie game. :sweat_smile:

Plantorsomething

EDIT:

EDIT 2:

You have a really great sense of lighting! On the other hand, it’s super soft for almost everything, and things like the crown or eyes should have sharper reflections on them. The yellow girl’s skirt has really smooth shading, but given they’re in the air, there should be more folds and shadows in it. The magic effect for green girl is pretty excellent, but I think there would be more light on green girl’s face, and her eyes are also not looking at yellow girl. Btw I’m not sure what it is, but I think yellow girl’s hair is too stiff, or maybe it’s the lineart being too thin?
The background has good perspective, but also kind of feels like a window’s background that the characters aren’t really interacting with? I also don’t really know what it is other than it looks a bit like a castle wall. I reccomend trying out some cell shading for a change-of-pace/exersize in hard lighting and shadow!

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
I'm still touching it up so I'm going to implement those changes. Those are some great suggestions. But alas, the background, I don't know what to do about it. That is my next learning venture. Maybe I'll blur it or something.

Cell shading, huh? Don't know anything about that. I'll look it up.