The Genre I Hate: Gender-Bender

Jamminrabbit

1621555815546.png

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Good, at least you know the word "assume". Just because people assume something does not mean it's a wrong assumption. Some things might not be 100% provable but are highly probably so it's very correct to assume those things. And based on what you wrote, you getting agitated because of this thread is highly probable.
Did I ask something that's not true?

"An assumption is something that you assume to be the case, even without proof. For example, people might make the assumption that you're a nerd if you wear glasses, even though that's not true."

STOP PRETENDING! lmfao

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
It's not about what you say but how you say it. That can show a lot about how the person feels.
Perhaps being deluded by text messages, thinking they show emotion, makes you think that's the case? Bro, I am laughing so hard at your responses.

Last edited:

DubstheDuke

I mean I don't do any gender bender but I still write male characters the same way I write female characters. I write a character. With a personality. And with certain traits and features.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
So you are making an assumption? That would mean I am not really agitated, correct?
Nah mate ya definitely had your panties in a twist during the exchange of dialogue here but so did he. And I'm walking about the whole convo since I did read the last page.

He was bitching about something easily fixable. And you were saying something like " eh kinda hypocritical to say you're just annoyed and then rant" which makes no sense. Like I do get what you mean, but even then. I mean I would rant at annoying shit all the time. Doesnt mean I'm ANGRY at it to the extent I got a bulging vein over the matter.

Well, that said annoyance is basically like Angry Lite.

Whatever. Cant we all just get along? Just give each other a hand job and be friends or imma rape you. *five foot monster cock falls to the floor* And buddy, I aint got no lube

Vnator

Funny thing is, if you kept going down the Former Hero tag, you would've found my story, which has none of the things you're trying to avoid. If anything, it satirizes a lot of those tropes and could be exactly what you're looking for (if you don't mind the shameless plug).

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I kinda get what OP is saying since its basically comparable to MCs that get isekai and thinking how easy their life is gonna be. Like, bruh, you litterally lost your little brother, don't you get panic and stuff? What, lesbian? harem? what the fck bro?

I could literally write a better GB that portrays a struggle of a man who got turned into a girl and all that stuff but since I am on Hiatus rn, meh, too lazy to continue that.

D

Deleted member 45782

Bruh you act like their arent women out their more manly than most men.
The only gripe I have is they never portray the shortcomings of womanhood.
Like where are their periods? They bleed like once a month or some shit I dunno but however often it is, it's never portrayed.

And If they have huge mommy milkers, where is the shoulder pain?
fr. stories where the character almost flawlessly transition into their newer body/newer world right at the beginning...eh. that being said, since i don't read that much so can't really say, maybe there are some good stories out there that portray how they don't adjust to some stuff almost immediately...

haha p. f* that pain.

UnratedX

People like you are why those gender-benders keepin that popular :D

EchoingRuby

Since nobody has actually decided to be helpful so far:

If you're looking for GB stories that are affirmational and where the change isn't just swept under the rug, you want the "Transgender" tag, and especially any stories with the trans pride flag (or a colour scheme suggestive of said flag) on the cover.

If you're looking for a portrayal of a person experiencing distress from a sex transformation those are a lot rarer, but I can recommend Newly Not Cis by DetectiveRed (be warned it's on hiatus at the moment but it does have 81k words).

D

Deleted member 26725

The main reasons I dislike this genre are: 1) Often you have a completely straight dude turning into a woman. If it was someone who wanted that or at least was considering, I would not mind (It might even be interesting to see the journey of transitioning if the character originally wanted it). If that crap happened in real life to some straight guy, many would literally off themselves after some time, so that makes me hate it. 2) Feels like some male authors who have no idea how to write realistic female character choose this way so the character can have a "male-like" personality and make their job easier. If you can't write the main character who is a female just write about the male one. 3) I am annoyed right now because I searched some new stories on scribblehub to read and too many of them had a gender-bender tag, so I made this thread to whine.
Yeah, sometimes I feel it deserves more care!
What do you recommend to improve this genre?

Agentt

Thighs
If you say this, then you don't know what you are talking about.

People don't write GB because they are bad at writing women.
I completely agree with this, all have different way of writing. GB has a different writing style, you would have to slowly show the feminisation happening.
Good, at least you know the word "assume". Just because people assume something does not mean it's a wrong assumption. Some things might not be 100% provable but are highly probably so it's very correct to assume those things. And based on what you wrote, you getting agitated because of this thread is highly probable.
Also, don't argue with him, you will lose. He has much more free time than you can imagine
Yeah, sometimes I feel it deserves more care!
What do you recommend to improve this genre?
I don't like this genre because I find it horrifying that just because some hormones were tweaked, my best friend will become my love interest. Things like MC not liking make up and dresses at first, but then gets used to it is just a horror genre for me.