Writing Prompt The King of Rock and Roll

Scribbler

A race of intergalactic overlords send one of their own to subjugate earth and become their king. Everything should have gone well. Except all the records for "The King" that the invading alien researches are of Elvis Presley, The King of Rock and Roll.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
I am not particularly impressed by a king that got conscripted by the US army like a mortal being. :blob_reach:

Viator

Wandering Moon that conceals the tide
RETURN TO SENDER
ADDRESS UNKNOWN
NO SUCH PERSON
NO SUCH ZONE 🎶

Farok

That should have been "The King of Rick and Roll"

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
ay bro u got that elvis presly guy bro?

nah bro, he's dead bro

ah shit bro dats sad

yea bro but you want his body tho

yeah bro we can kinda revive him i guess

just bones tho u sure

yeah bro we can do that

cool, do my grandma while u at it

sure bro anything

thanks, have this as well bro

cool what's this

a sandwich bro i made it just for you bro

thanks bro we'd come back soon

ight bro have a good one tell cuthulu we said hi

XOP

“Um, sir, which era of The King should we go with?”

“How should I know, you insufferable buffoon! Who the heck knows what goes through those maniacs’ brains. I’m having a hard time enough trying to figure out the meaning behind all those wacky moves, and that strange, overly dramatic, way of moving about… Just go with that, what’s it called? The ‘70s Presley’-thing.”

“Understood, sir!”
* * *​
“So, this is Earth, huh? I’m not sure what the superiors could possibly want with this place…,” the agent quietly murmured, looking out and down the road. Then, with a last glance across the view, and a tug his half-buttoned down shirt, “But! From here on out, I, The King, will rule the–!”

“Shut up!” Someone interrupted the agent’s over dramatic spiel, his hair gel melting in the sweltering heat. “You’re not even doing a good impression, and you’re in the way. Move alrea–“

“Silence, plebeian,” the agent ordered, and his voice tinged with a ruthless ruler’s tone, “can’t you recognise your own King?! Hey!” he ended his act with one leg bent, one arm on the hip and the other high towards the sky.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” the man dismissed him. “Would you, please, shut up already, oh King. And, you know, that hairdo really doesn’t suit you face, man.”

“I’ll have you killed on the spot!” he exclaimed, pulling out his high powered, state of the art, plasma gun, when…

““A shooter!””

…the surrounding mass of people yelled. The agent, not having paid much attention to his surroundings, looked around, confused – gun still pointing at the “plebeian’s” head.
* * *​
“Sir!”

“What?” the commander asked, clearly annoyed.

“Our agent! He’s dead!”

“What?! How?!” He could barely believe it, how could their best-of-the-best die, just like that? “He’d barely been there for an hour!”
* * *​
“Breaking news. After a lengthy shootout by the White House, an unidentified shooter, dressed as Elvis Presley, was killed. It’s as of yet unknown what the shooter’s motive were.”

Bokuboy

Little did the aliens know that when they sent their secret agent to become the King of Earth, Elvis Presley, The King of Rock and Roll... a rogue faction of their intergalactic society had hatched their own secret plans to rule the Earth and gain the population's support by sending their own King... The King of Pop, Michael Jackson! Heeee Heeeee, Oooo!!

Last edited: