The Last of Us 2 Themed PS4 Design High Key Sucks Ass

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
"yo James we got a new game coming up. Boss wants us to make a PS4 design to promote the launch"

"aight Jerome what's it about"

"It's got zombies, and the whole world is dead. probably looks like a bunch of broken buildings and moss. It also got a theme of revenge, probably with a lot of bloodshed along the way"

"Go on..."

"Some chick gets her father figure capped because the daddy capped another daddy of the chick who capped him in the first place. Real revenge shit."

"Alright, I got it"

"Oh damn, what is it?"

"LEAF"

IMG_20200609_180231.jpg

they're not even trying

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
I never liked these fungi zombies, to begin with. :blob_evil_two:

BenJepheneT

I never liked these fungi zombies, to begin with. :blob_evil_two:
This was one of maughty dog's multiple chances to attract a potential demographic that doesn't find interest in a story focused fungi zombie game and they wasted it on a fucking leaf and a moth

HonestMistake

Wow, that is a terrible representation of what that game is all about. But why would you want a PS4 to begin with? PS5 is right around the corner. Though, I always enjoyed the fungal zombies. Its not the same old crap.

BenJepheneT

Wow, that is a terrible representation of what that game is all about. But why would you want a PS4 to begin with? PS5 is right around the corner. Though, I always enjoyed the fungal zombies. Its not the same old crap.
Call me a wet blanket but I think gaming peaked at the 8th generation. If I have to point in one specific direction, it's GTA V. Since then, everything's either similar or a copy/rehash. The Last Of Us did it's best with its story and gameplay and to be honest, I think it could be a very good standalone title. Of course, Ellie's story can still be expanded upon but besides giving fans of the game more of what they want, I don't think the sequel is gonna do much in terms of innovation or pushing the genre besides flashier graphics and more fluid gameplay.

There's a reason why there are so many remakes and franchises compared to new IPs and standalone games. At least in the triple-A market. If anything, indie games are pushing the bar more than big-budget developers.