Recommendations The Main Antagonist Wins

bigbear51

The ending, of course.

We're all the antagonists of someone else's story. Does that mean we can only win in our own story?
Well, no man can walk away from their own story.

Sorry, couldnt resist. I just watched the movie yesterday.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Well, no man can walk away from their own story.

Sorry, couldnt resist. I just watched the movie yesterday.
Oh man that one scene gave me a fucken boner

"You don't have the guts."

"TRY ME."

D

Deleted member 29316

Technically, we are all the protags in our own story. The question if you can win in someone else's story would depend if that person is your friend or not, and if you have the same goals in mind.

And I guess, the only time you could walk away from your own story, is when you die.

But yeah, this is just me sniffing gas fumes while fixing my car. My apologies. 😁😆

Leti

Technically, we are all the protags in our own story. The question if you can win in someone else's story would depend if that person is your friend or not, and if you have the same goals in mind.

And I guess, the only time you could walk away from your own story, is when you die.

But yeah, this is just me sniffing gas fumes while fixing my car. My apologies. 😁😆

Sometimes having the same goal doesn't matter if the method used to reach it is different. Friends can turn into strangers and then enemies. Trust no one even yourself.

I'm curious. What if we died; become a ghost, or get resurrected somehow? Will our story continues from where we left it behind or will it becomes part of someone else's story?

D

Deleted member 29316

Sometimes having the same goal doesn't matter if the method used to reach it is different. Friends can turn into strangers and then enemies. Trust no one even yourself.

I'm curious. What if we died; become a ghost, or get resurrected somehow? Will our story continues from where we left it behind or will it becomes part of someone else's story?
Well, I guess it would depend on you. I have some friends who have the same goal as me yet uses a different method in reaching those goals. There were some that went on a colliding course with mine, and there were some that went in parallel with my way. However, in the end, it's important to note that we still remained friends.

Maybe the same could be said in romantic interests. Maybe you're also the protag in your partner's story, or the main villain once the relationship breaks up. Again, in the end, maybe it would depend on the person on how he/she sees the POV.

And nah, I'm old enough to think of not trusting myself. In the first place, I won't be in my place right now if I did not do that. (Trusting myself)

As for the second question about dying and the story, I guess no one knows until one experiences it. But then again, we're already dead, so how can we even write about it?

These questions could really be put together into an idea for a new story...

DubstheDuke

I mean in my story the protagonists are just as evil as the antagonist and almost everyone is a villain in the story

placeintime

Yeeting myself out
Do you mean that the main protagonist isn't acting like a hero, and is acting as an antihero instead? Or do you mean like the opposing force of the main protagonist winning?

CL

Try any CreepyPasta. Most of them have the protagonist "surviving" (they tend to be the surviving narrator of the event to warn others), but a lot of times it is after they paid a hefty sacrifice and the antagonist(s) waivers the protagonist's life in "exchange".

Kldran

"You... always you. Again and again, you show up and disrupt my plans. This time though, I was ready. After losing your comrades, one by one, you continued to chase me. Now, you are finally too tired to continue. Too tired to even raise your shield. You didn't realize how exhausted you were getting, did you? It's amazing really, how much a slight buff to exhaustion resistance can screw with people's perceptions of their own state. Now that I've taken that buff away, you face the full burden of all that running and climbing and jumping. It's time to end this farce. You were never going to win."

*bang*

My last thoughts as I saw my death coming were: How did he get a gun?! This was a fantasy world I got sent to!

- isekai hero vs isekai villain (random story I just made up)

P.S. I feel like this story is too short to actually say who's the antagonist and who's the protagonist. Whoops.