The Metus Contest

Lacy

I was.
'-'
However, quite a few people managed getting 40k words in a month during that contest.
By the end, there were many with over 100k words.
'-'
So, it's doable.

X
As I learned, getting over 100k is doable. But it's haaard.

Sii

Well, I guess I better join this one since Horror is involved. Time to figure out which scary waifu I'm gonna write about.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Mmmmmmm... Well, I think I can try making something about witches I guess? (That should hopefully count as halloween related! >.<)

If I stop procrastinating, I'll try participating! ^^)/

HappyVainGlory

Well, I've been on a Yakuza trip since I got spammed with Baka Mitai, so I might as well cobble something in my spare time. Curious to see how things turn out for this contest.

MajorKerina

Do entries to the contest take longer than normal posts? I posted a new story at noon with its first chapter and it was up at 1 pm vs almost an hour before 11:25 am PST for my entry and it still isn't live 8 hours since despite showing one view.

NotYourTypicalMan

Exhausted Member
Do entries to the contest take longer than normal posts? I posted a new story at noon with its first chapter and it was up at 1 pm vs almost an hour before 11:25 am PST for my entry and it still isn't live 8 hours since despite showing one view.
sometimes i wondered why they decided to accept my novel.Even though the cover is like that :sweating_profusely:

MajorKerina

My main confusion is that the one story seems like it would be further back in the queue but is already live and it's especially weird my entry is now at two views and the first chapter isn't live yet despite showing it was published. If it remains so through this time tomorrow, maybe I should file a bug report...

Solstice1309

I wonder. I finished my 1st chap at around 10pm and it was posted in 3hrs with everything ok and all. The metus ranking took a while tho.

P.S. what’s with the 40k words criteria??

MajorKerina

I wonder. I finished my 1st chap at around 10pm and it was posted in 3hrs with everything ok and all. The metus ranking took a while tho.

P.S. what’s with the 40k words criteria??
Hmm. Did you schedule your post or just say publish when you were done with it? I regularly will schedule stuff and it goes off without a hitch when it's premiering and is usually live in around an hour. My entry in the last contest, aside from needing to reshuffle chapters at the wrong time with a NOTES segment, dropped almost instantly. I also wondered if because I'm at 15 public series that I might've run into an issue or cap there. I have several more queued up in my Dashboard for later in the year but if there is some sort of limit on how many series then that might be trouble.

Solstice1309

Hmm. Did you schedule your post or just say publish when you were done with it? I regularly will schedule stuff and it goes off without a hitch when it's premiering and is usually live in around an hour. My entry in the last contest, aside from needing to reshuffle chapters at the wrong time with a NOTES segment, dropped almost instantly. I also wondered if because I'm at 15 public series that I might've run into an issue or cap there. I have several more queued up in my Dashboard for later in the year but if there is some sort of limit on how many series then that might be trouble.

Sometimes I just publish it when it’s late at night while other times I schedule it for mornings.
I only have two series for me so I don’t know if there’s a cap or not

The goal of those competitions are to foster an environment where people write longer novels. In order to meet the goal you need to write roughly 500 words per day, so it's not an oppressive goal by any means.

Oh, so that’s why
Thnx for telling me.
P.S. Your novel Mage in the Heroes’ Guild was a great read!

Bokuboy

The goal of those competitions are to foster an environment where people write longer novels. In order to meet the goal you need to write roughly 500 words per day, so it's not an oppressive goal by any means.

I'm only writing one daily story now and I'm tempted to join this contest if only 500 words a day is required for the entire contest. I can write that much in only 2 weeks! LOL

I missed the last one because I was writing three daily stories at the time (two are now on hiatus). I have an idea; but, it's not quite true horror themed. I'll have to think about it and see if I can adapt it to fit the Halloween theme.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
P.S. Your novel Mage in the Heroes’ Guild was a great read!
Glad you enjoyed it! ^^)/
I'm only writing one daily story now and I'm tempted to join this contest if only 500 words a day is required for the entire contest. I can write that much in only 2 weeks! LOL
Aye, you just need 40k words by December 1st, which is 3 months from now, so... Roughly 500 words/day is all you need~

Of course, if you can do more, feel free to do so~

MajorKerina

If you want to top 100,000 words then 1100 is a daily must.

*Math might be wrong. English major, not math person*

Sii

100k? I'm just gonna waddle my way to 40k and call it a day.