The Most Common Misconception regarding Waifus and the Point behind having one in the first place

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
One of the most argued point against Waifus (or husbandos for you fujo brain rots) is that they're not real. They're merely flat objects on a screen that translate to a amalgamation of everything the subject so desires. They're only images that make the pp hard or the clam slam. They're just fake shit to cope with.

What's the point of a waifu/husbando if they aren't real? You can say real life offers nothing more, and that fiction can only satisfy your need, but isn't that the point of fiction in itself? It's redundant to make that claim, for fiction has and always was made to counter an imperfect reality. To dive into the fiction and treat it as the truth is simply detrimental to one's perception of reality. I'm not here to shit on lifestyle choices, but I am here to present a matter of fact. Simply clinging onto a piece of fiction and hold it as gospel only serves to demean said piece of fiction the longer it is held. There is only one reality, and you can't change it. That is, unless you convince yourself there's free candy in your wrists, but I'd advise against it.

The state of being is the most argued point regarding Waifus and husbandos, both for and against. It's fake, so why bother? Reality sucks, so why conform to it?

I'm here to say that no, this isn't the point of Waifus and husbandos. Their state of being and their comparison with reality isn't the be all end all to what these fictional characters represent. Their state of being is simply a train station in the middle as it dives towards the end of the line; that being yourself. More specifically, the discovery of the self.

As fake as a waifu/husbando is, they're representative of something true to the subject. It is their representation of what makes their mind. A man who yearns for yandere might just want to be put in someone's crosshairs, and be the focus of another individual. They might yearn to be something bigger than themselves, to warrant the attention for others. Tomboy lovers might just wish for an understanding equal. They find an outgoing, good-natured, down to earth personality to be just the right concoction to a world plagued with two-faced goody-two-shoes. They just want the truth, and enjoy the competition to strive towards a better self.

The list goes on. Fat daddy lovers may just want a protective figure in a hectic life where shit is uncertain. Loli/shota enthusiasts may just want to protect a representation of innocence in a demented world, or the opposite of that, but we don't talk about those guys. Tsunderes? The discovery of breaking their personalities and finding that coveted gap Moe. Masochists? An outlet for their sadism. Sadists? An outlet for their masochism.

And I'm not trying to psuedo analyse everyone's taste of chests and crotches. Of course, there are people who enjoy that ojou-sama lesbo simply because scissoring with a young adult queen of Chekaslovia gets them off, but what I'm saying is that Waifus/husbandos have the potential to present a certain truth to ourselves.

They aren't just pieces of fictions that fill the gap in our lives but rather, windows to a hidden reality we might never see.

Some people might strive to make their Waifus/husbandos a reality and thus, they start improving upon themselves. Let's say I am a tomboy enthusiast. I want to rabbit fuck Casca from Berserk (pre eclipse) balls deep. I'm a fucken amateur at this. I am a skinny guy whose stamina can be outmatched by a popsicle house held by dried snot flung in a tornado. My tomboy requirement is reaching critical levels. I need that shit. Thus, I start training myself in order to become the tomboy magnet I always wished to become.

At this point, I'm going to the gym everyday. I'm getting gains. I'm learning to discipline myself in order to attain the best tomboy-attraction physique possible. I start eating right, and sleeping adequately. I begin to have a set schedule of what I'm going to do in order to maximize my physical profit. I learn to organise my shit so I don't waste time finding them in order to invest more energy into improving myself.

Casca is a character who prides herself upon strength and breaking the common gender roles associated with being a female, especially when she's in a mercenary band as the only woman. Thus, I learn to be understanding. I begin to see everyone as my equal, regardless of who they are or whether they conform to my opinions of the world. I will treat them as equals, and they shall recieve the spite/care they so deserve in my eyes, according to my principals. I don't tip-toe around lies, but give the truth as it is, not only to others but to myself, for a world of royal lies is what Casca abandoned in the first place. She forges her own path by joining the band of the hawk, and I will follow in her footsteps, and make a path of my own.

Somewhere down the line, I'm gonna look at a mirror to check up on my progress. It's something I do everyday, so I can become the person I believe best fits Casca from Berserk.

During that day, I'm gonna make a realization. I realize I think of Casca from Berserk less and less. I realize that, instead of thinking about Casca from Berserk, I think more about how I can become a person worthy of Casca from Berserk. I become hyperfocused on myself more so than my waifu. My waifu is no longer an objective but a railroad that directs me towards a place I never thought to reach.

Then the epiphany hits. Casca from Berserk isn't a waifu. She isn't a person I wish to attain but rather, the mould I seep in to fill. That mould is the better me. Casca from Berserk doesn't exist, she's merely a fragment of what my subconscious desires, and a very powerful fragment at that. She represents everything I desire from a partner, and in the process of getting the partner I desire, I shape myself so I can fit said partner to the best of her needs.

I've learned to become strong. I learned to hoist myself with confidence so I can fit the image I see fit for Casca from Berserk. I learned to see the world in a different way. In the process, I inadvertently become a better version of myself. Not better in a conventional sense but better in what I see myself to be.

Betterment is a volatile word. Some people consider understanding and manipulation to be the way through life, or that unconditionally being the support beam of someone else to be the best thing they could be in life. I'm not here to dictate whose version of better is right or wrong, but rather, present a window in which you can see what you might consider to be better.

Your Waifus/husbandos.

That, I believe is the true point behind a waifu/husbando. I don't believe sitting behind a veil of admiration is the final stage towards having a waifu/husbando. Admiration gets you nowhere, but if you're content with it, I can't stop you. What I can suggest however, is use your source of admiration as a framework; a guideline. Revy from Black Lagoon or Gohin from Beastars aren't simply figures you desire; they are the replacements to the gaps within yourself that you wish to be filled. They SHOW you what you lack, even if you aren't aware of it.

Of course, you just might like 2B from Nier: Automata because big booby and ass, but I personally believe there's more to it, if you're willing to look. Perhaps you wish for a protective figure in life you can emotionally support from behind, or, as I've said, mammaries.

Do let it be known that this is my personal interpretation of what a waifu/husbando is to us. I refrained from putting it on the start of this essay, since it would dilute the rest of the text. However, I still hold my belief that our attraction is more than a trigger that puts blood in our dicks and nipples. The need to breed is more than that. It is a need to have holes filled, one way or another.

A waifu/husbando's state of being is one side of the coin. It is the other side that I believe to be the true side of the concept itself. Like I've shown in my Casca hypothetical™, if you were to truly commit yourself towards that side of the waifu/husbando coin, you might realize they're not just figures that sit still and look pretty to you, but an energy source that fuels the journey to be a better version of yourself.

And if you just can't find the energy to commit that shit, just remind yourself:

IMG_20210407_152959.png

Last edited:

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
One of the most argued point against Waifus (or husbandos for you fujo brain rots) is that they're not real. They're merely flat objects on a screen that translate to a amalgamation of everything the subject so desires. They're only images that make the pp hard or the clam slam. They're just fake shit to cope with.

What's the point of a waifu/husbando if they aren't real? You can say real life offers nothing more, and that fiction can only satisfy your need, but isn't that the point of fiction in itself? It's redundant to make that claim, for fiction has and always was made to counter an imperfect reality. To dive into the fiction and treat it as the truth is simply detrimental to one's perception of reality. I'm not here to shit on lifestyle choices, but I am here to present a matter of fact. Simply clinging onto a piece of fiction and hold it as gospel only serves to demean said piece of fiction the longer it is held. There is only one reality, and you can't change it. That is, unless you convince yourself there's free candy in your wrists, but I'd advise against it.

The state of being is the most argued point regarding Waifus and husbandos, both for and against. It's fake, so why bother? Reality sucks, so why conform to it?

I'm here to say that no, this isn't the point of Waifus and husbandos. Their state of being and their comparison with reality isn't the be all end all to what these fictional characters represent. Their state of being is simply a train station in the middle as it dives towards the end of the line; that being yourself. More specifically, the discovery of the self.

As fake as a waifu/husbando is, they're representative of something true to the subject. It is their representation of what makes their mind. A man who yearns for yandere might just want to be put in someone's crosshairs, and be the focus of another individual. They might yearn to be something bigger than themselves, to warrant the attention for others. Tomboy lovers might just wish for an understanding equal. They find an outgoing, good-natured, down to earth personality to be just the right concoction to a world plagued with two-faced goody-two-shoes. They just want the truth, and enjoy the competition to strive towards a better self.

The list goes on. Fat daddy lovers may just want a protective figure in a hectic life where shit is uncertain. Loli/shota enthusiasts may just want to protect a representation of innocence in a demented world, or the opposite of that, but we don't talk about those guys. Tsunderes? The discovery of breaking their personalities and finding that coveted gap Moe. Masochists? An outlet for their sadism. Sadists? An outlet for their masochism.

And I'm not trying to psuedo analyse everyone's taste of chests and crotches. Of course, there are people who enjoy that ojou-sama lesbo simply because scissoring with a young adult queen of Chekaslovia gets them off, but what I'm saying is that Waifus/husbandos have the potential to present a certain truth to ourselves.

They aren't just pieces of fictions that fill the gap in our lives but rather, windows to a hidden reality we might never see.

Some people might strive to make their Waifus/husbandos a reality and thus, they start improving upon themselves. Let's say I am a tomboy enthusiast. I want to rabbit fuck Casca from Berserk (pre eclipse) balls deep. I'm a fucken amateur at this. I am a skinny guy whose stamina can be outmatched by a popsicle house held by dried snot flung in a tornado. My tomboy requirement is reaching critical levels. I need that shit. Thus, I start training myself in order to become the tomboy magnet I always wished to become.

At this point, I'm going to the gym everyday. I'm getting gains. I'm learning to discipline myself in order to attain the best tomboy-attraction physique possible. I start eating right, and sleeping adequately. I begin to have a set schedule of what I'm going to do in order to maximize my physical profit. I learn to organise my shit so I don't waste time finding them in order to invest more energy into improving myself.

Casca is a character who prides herself upon strength and breaking the common gender roles associated with being a female, especially when she's in a mercenary band as the only woman. Thus, I learn to be understanding. I begin to see everyone as my equal, regardless of who they are or whether they conform to my opinions of the world. I will treat them as equals, and they shall recieve the spite/care they so deserve in my eyes, according to my principals. I don't tip-toe around lies, but give the truth as it is, not only to others but to myself, for a world of royal lies is what Casca abandoned in the first place. She forges her own path by joining the band of the hawk, and I will follow in her footsteps, and make a path of my own.

Somewhere down the line, I'm gonna look at a mirror to check up on my progress. It's something I do everyday, so I can become the person I believe best fits Casca from Berserk.

During that day, I'm gonna make a realization. I realize I think of Casca from Berserk less and less. I realize that, instead of thinking about Casca from Berserk, I think more about how I can become a person worthy of Casca from Berserk. I become hyperfocused on myself more so than my waifu. My waifu is no longer an objective but a railroad that directs me towards a place I never thought to reach.

Then the epiphany hits. Casca from Berserk isn't a waifu. She isn't a person I wish to attain but rather, the mould I seep in to fill. That mould is the better me. Casca from Berserk doesn't exist, she's merely a fragment of what my subconscious desires, and a very powerful fragment at that. She represents everything I desire from a partner, and in the process of getting the partner I desire, I shape myself so I can fit said partner to the best of her needs.

I've learned to become strong. I learned to hoist myself with confidence so I can fit the image I see fit for Casca from Berserk. I learned to see the world in a different way. In the process, I inadvertently become a better version of myself. Not better in a conventional sense but better in what I see myself to be.

Betterment is a volatile word. Some people consider understanding and manipulation to be the way through life, or that unconditionally being the support beam of someone else to be the best thing they could be in life. I'm not here to dictate whose version of better is right or wrong, but rather, present a window in which you can see what you might consider to be better.

Your Waifus/husbandos.

That, I believe is the true point behind a waifu/husbando. I don't believe sitting behind a veil of admiration is the final stage towards having a waifu/husbando. Admiration gets you nowhere, but if you're content with it, I can't stop you. What I can suggest however, is use your source of admiration as a framework; a guideline. Revy from Black Lagoon or Gohin from Beastars aren't simply figures you desire; they are the replacements to the gaps within yourself that you wish to be filled. They SHOW you what you lack, even if you aren't aware of it.

Of course, you just might like 2B from Nier: Automata because big booby and ass, but I personally believe there's more to it, if you're willing to look. Perhaps you wish for a protective figure in life you can emotionally support from behind, or, as I've said, mammaries.

Do let it be known that this is my personal interpretation of what a waifu/husbando is to us. I refrained from putting it on the start of this essay, since it would dilute the rest of the text. However, I still hold my belief that our attraction is more than a trigger that puts blood in our dicks and nipples. The need to breed is more than that. It is a need to have our holes filled, one way or another.

A waifu/husbando's state of being is one side of the coin. It is the other side that I believe to be the true side of the concept itself. Like I've shown in my Casca hypothetical™, you were to truly commit yourself towards that side of the waifu/husbando coin, you might realize they're not just figures that sit still and look pretty to you, but an energy source that fuels the journey to be a better version of yourself.

And if you just can't find the energy to commit that shit, just remind yourself:

View attachment 7259
fuck 2B. It's A2 for life.

Also Revy is bae.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
*clap clap clap*

Reality is often disappointing, sadly I don't have a waifu that I hold dear of. To me, I don't hold much ambition other than to make a lot of money so I and maybe my loved ones don't suffer due to za warudo.

If I have any thoughts, I would often ask if it is lust or love, most of the times it is the former.

And to anyone who said "it is just a drawing, it isn't real!", you are right. And so are all the photos and wild delusions you have about another RL hoe/ hunk.

I can't change the world, but I can change myself, well stated @BenJepheneT

Daitengu

Eh, waifus are like musicians. Different people are going to like different types and get different things from them.

Haters are just toxic people not into anime in general. Like, I give zero shots about sports stars or sports in general, but I'm also not toxic enough to make fun of people who fangazm over it either, even though I find their behaviors silly and/or repulsive at times. Like, wrestling is fake, and no amount of stapling your self and claiming it's real, because the staples in your arm are real will make me think otherwise.(That really happened to me)

Jemini

IMO, the overall quality of Wifus and Husbandos is increasing by the decade. Also, as the trope gains popularity, it is inevitable that they will trend toward more realism in their characters.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
IMO, the overall quality of Wifus and Husbandos is increasing by the decade. Also, as the trope gains popularity, it is inevitable that they will trend toward more realism in their characters.
It's a different sentiment on my part: as the trope progresses, it's more like they're growing in variety. It's not a vertical reach towards realism, but an uneven, three-dimensional prism expanding across the undiscovered spectrum.

farmer

I dunno man, saying that I have a waifu is one thing, but working out so that I'd be good enough for my waifu if she was real sounds like a step above in degeneracy.

D

Deleted member 45782

One of the most argued point against Waifus (or husbandos) is that they're not real. They're merely flat objects on a screen that translate to a amalgamation of everything the subject so desires. They're only images that make the pp hard or the clam slam. They're just fake shit to cope with.

What's the point of a waifu/husbando if they aren't real? You can say real life offers nothing more, and that fiction can only satisfy your need, but isn't that the point of fiction in itself? To dive into the fiction and treat it as the truth is simply detrimental to one's perception of reality. There is only one reality, and you can't change it.

I'm here to say that no, this isn't the point of Waifus and husbandos. Their state of being is simply a train station in the middle as it dives towards the end of the line; that being yourself. More specifically, the discovery of the self.

As fake as a waifu/husbando is, they're representative of something true to the subject. It is their representation of what makes their mind.

Some people might strive to make their Waifus/husbandos a reality and thus, they start improving upon themselves.

Somewhere down the line, I'm gonna look at a mirror to check up on my progress.
I think its alright to have husbandos and waifus. And some people look up to those characters too like how you mentioned that and it helps them to improve themselves.

Some people make them to be the perfect partner they wish in real life. As long as they don't start to mistake reality with fiction and get into a unhealthy lament why can't this be reality and feel really down that its not real and/or stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

HURGMCGURG

That Guy

Your Waifus/husbandos.

Do let it be known that this is my personal interpretation of what a waifu/husbando is to us. I refrained from putting it on the start of this essay, since it would dilute the rest of the text. However, I still hold my belief that our attraction is more than a trigger that puts blood in our dicks and nipples. The need to breed is more than that. It is a need to have holes filled, one way or another.

A waifu/husbando's state of being is one side of the coin. It is the other side that I believe to be the true side of the concept itself. Like I've shown in my Casca hypothetical™, if you were to truly commit yourself towards that side of the waifu/husbando coin, you might realize they're not just figures that sit still and look pretty to you, but an energy source that fuels the journey to be a better version of yourself.

View attachment 7259
Too long, didn't read.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
That's always a bullshit argument. "Hurr durr they arent real"

Yeah well WHAT'S YOUR alternative? A celebrity? Pfft. You ain't never gonna meet them either probably so they may as well be "not real" either.

I don't need to fuck my waifus. I just need 2d cute girls to simp for. Without breaking my bank, to boot.