The most despicable deity?

LilTV1155

It is normal, " Evil God" is not that popular. But translated its name is something like " Mammy Water". You will certainly find something funny if you search for that theme.

It is one of the gods that African people hate openly but once a year we go to worship It.
So not the same as Mami Wati goddess? That's interesting.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Oh, I see. You're a stupid person. Have a good day then.
Also, I just read the old definition vs the new one, and it's the same fucking shit. They just reworded it a bit, but that happens all the time, with all dictionaries.
I see you get disproven and immediately resort to insults. Classic uneducated person move.

Imagine going out of your way to berate, harass, and ruin the life of someone you'll never meet.
FB_IMG_1585408542781.jpg

InceTagn

A stranger passing by.
It helped many tribal groups so depending on the place we give it many names, the rites are also different like different service different price. I know the name kumkuma as it is used in the dialect in my hometown. There are 256 of such dialects in my country so...

FallingLeaf

Aside from the aforementioned most of the Greek gods being dickheads, some of the Aztec and other Mesoamerican deities (that I have great difficulty pronouncing, let alone spelling) I've heard about are pretty messed up, though I freely admit I'm not very familiar with many African or Asian religions or deities so I'm probably missing some that are also pretty bad. Aztec religious mass blood sacrifice and enslavement is pretty infamous though. Oh right, Loki and Odin are pretty high up there in being jerks too

LilTV1155

Aside from the aforementioned most of the Greek gods being dickheads, some of the Aztec and other Mesoamerican deities (that I have great difficulty pronouncing, let alone spelling) I've heard about are pretty messed up, though I freely admit I'm not very familiar with many African or Asian religions or deities so I'm probably missing some that are also pretty bad. Aztec religious mass blood sacrifice and enslavement is pretty infamous though. Oh right, Loki and Odin are pretty high up there in being jerks too
Why Odin?

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
Pantheon?
Which deity is the most despicable or tyrannical asshole/bitch/ bastich according to you and why?
You can name up to 5 deities. Demons can be included, most were fallen or monsterized deities of older era. Deities of Order, Heaven, etc. attributes can be included.
Me, myself and I for the first three...
Zeus is a four I guess.
Yahweh is a five.
Though I don't know much about religion and its traditions, so I am just listing all the deities that I can be bothered to remember off top of my head. And since Gods are typically the source of morality, they, by definition, can't be "tyrannical assholes/bitches/bastards" and can do no wrong.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Err, here is a fun thought from xianxia land, Nuwa (the Chinese goddess who mended the Heavens) is a bitch for inciting the human-god war (Investiture of the Gods) by sending a fox spirit to replace Daji, who was a concubine to King Zhou.

Fun fact about King Zhou is that he is the last Human Emperor as the one that take over him (Ji Fa, King Wu) is crowned as Heaven's Son, meaning that humanity is now officially a mutt to the gods once more.

So back to the story of why Nuwa is a bitch, it is the same shit as what Athena did to Arachne, she promised the fox spirit a seat of immortality after she help incite discord within the empire and aid King Wu by being a shitty teammate to King Zhou. When the dust is settled, King Zhou the tyrant got a stupid role as a wedding planner (?) and the fox spirit got deleted... main reason? The foxy lady was "too good at her job".

WTF?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀

Almost every god from Greek mythology is a scumbag, but I would mention the main one. Zeus, cause he is, overall, an asshole. I mean, his wife is a goddess of marriage, yet how many times did he indulge in infidelity? Also, other small things, like killing or trying to kill, I don't remember, a child who was prophesied to kill him, being a tyrant, and so on.

Zeus. How dare he fxck every woman he sees, living the dream! I'm so jealous!
Hera because she took out her rage on her husband's lovers instead of kicking her husband to the curb.

Agentt

Thighs
We have someone called Sati in our mythology,

She isn't evil, bit indirectly caused loads of evilness.

What basically happened was that her husband got insulted by her father, so she committed suicide.

By doing so, she basically raised the bar for love. It was basically the duty of wife to commit suicide whenever her husband was insulted,

Soon, this became hella hella common,

And soon, a woman was forced to commit suicide even when her husband is going on a trip outside, for remaining alone at house would stir up infidelity.

rain-090

What's ironic is the least assholey god from that pantheon is Hades, the god of the underworld. Like, he still did some asshole stuff, but out of all the other gods, he's probably the best of them all.
What about Hestia

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
?
I heard he was recognized as God of Sodomy??
According to the Fengshen Yanyi, Jiang Ziya recognized that King Zhou was a well-versed and well-trained individual who became an incapable ruler only because of having fallen victim to seduction. After his death, Jiang Ziya deified King Zhou as the Tianxi Xing (天喜星 "Star of Heavenly Happiness"). As the Tianxi Xing, he had the responsibility of managing the marriage affairs of humans.
What about Hestia
Sworn virgin. Gave up Olympian seat. Has almost 0 interests in mortal affairs. Ofall wrongoings by her relatives? She closed her eyes and turned the other cheek. She got no power to do anything.

LilTV1155

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
For real?! Wow. The sodomy king got away with just a slap on his wrist after causing all that mayhem?!
Lustful comments toward Nuwa, and going along with other demon concubines in bad partying. Wow.....what an asshat.
Make you wonder if helping the Marriage god tie knots for couple count as a punishment for bad deities. Ugh.
Kinda why I say WTF, the BBEG gets a cushy janitorial job while the fox spirit gets yeeted to deletus cuz Nuwa's a male chauvinistic bitch like Athena.

LilTV1155

Kinda why I say WTF, the BBEG gets a cushy janitorial job while the fox spirit gets yeeted to deletus cuz Nuwa's a male chauvinistic bitch like Athena.
Actually, it wasn't Nuwa who get a say in that. It's the entire Chinese pantheon with the Jade Emperor that have the say in deciding the Deity's title. Most of the Heaven Palace are male officials with power. So it's easy to blame the female gender for whatever reasons.