The Most Evil Weapon in Fiction

Excluding the Author's kit, which is possibly the most potentially evil one, what do you think is the most Evil weapon in Fiction?

I knew some might say, it's not about the weapon but the wielder.

I'm just talking in the context of its catastrophic consequence when an evil person had their hands on it, and that evil mastermind could utilize them to its fullest.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
The ape virus from planet of the apes remake. And how you can tweak it in Plague Inc!
Anyway, for humans it's quite a nightmare fuel. Imagine slowly losing your human intelligence, in addition to diarrhea and fever and other shits.

Weaponizing such a virus to commit terrorgenocide would be interesting, don't you think?

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Religion?

Social Media?

This thing?

LilRora

Mostly formless
I'm not sure about weapons, but if we're talking in more general terms, it would be impersonating people in broad meaning and spreading opinions. The harm, chaos and distrust it can cause is even worse than any kind of physical weapon and threat. I guess you could say that media does a lot of that - fake news, speeches cut out of context, it can all paint a completely different picture than it is in reality.

Though my opinion might be influenced by the story I just read with a slime that can absorb even personalities and memories of the victims she consumes, but yeah, that would still be it.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
The metal bat.

It isn't disturbing, nor kinda broken per say but inflicting pain to the highest degree while capable of using it as a portable healer can be quite evil.

Pros:
-You can't die
-grants blessings
-buffs and negate debuffs

Cons:
-You CAN'T die
-Pain which you wish you were dead
-it isn't a curse item so any purification skills can't cancel the pain
-its invulnerable
-can inflict damage on the spiritual level as well
-and more...

Source: Running away from the hero

vaurwyn

Everyone dies someday, but I'm procrastinating
The death star, or any world ending weapon. Can't do much worse catastrophic consequences than destroying the universe.
I don't think it is the most evil, as that would be reserved for intrinsically evil weapons that could corrupt people (like the darkhold) , but your title and blurb did not ask for the same thing.

The death star, or any world ending weapon. Can't do much worse catastrophic consequences than destroying the universe.
I don't think it is the most evil, as that would be reserved for intrinsically evil weapons that could corrupt people (like the darkhold) , but your title and blurb did not ask for the same thing.

well anything bad to certain extent kinda counts as catastrophic for me. it's mainly there for exaggeration purposes.

it's basically just any weapon which will make the worst happen--any kind of worst in the evil hands.

Echimera

Exterminatus in general, but especially with Virus-Bombing:
  1. drop bombs filed with a hyperaggressive virus from orbit that turns all living matter into sludge and basically swamp gas
    • watch while living being literally decay while they are still alive
  2. wait for it to spread over the whole planet
  3. ignite the whole mess for good measure to burn the planet to a charred husk

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Soul Edge from the Soul Caliber series. It is forged from an evil demon that can corrupt and control any wielder, to test out its powers it let itself be found by a pirate named Cervantes and then ran around slaughtering an entire port town to see its limitations at the time.

Got bored of its pirate user, had him wait til two bounty hunters showed up to kill him.

And eventually came into possession of a noble knight named Siegfried. Who it corrupted into Nightmare, a merciless war machine who's soul existence is to sew darkness and despair in the material realm capable of swallowing the souls of an entire army charging at him and that is his incomplete form.

When Nightmare gets hold of all his shards he'll become and ultimate merger between Soul Edge and Himself called Nightterror an absolute demonic juggernaut.

Ikhsannorm

I'm not sure about weapons, but if we're talking in more general terms, it would be impersonating people in broad meaning and spreading opinions. The harm, chaos and distrust it can cause is even worse than any kind of physical weapon and threat. I guess you could say that media does a lot of that - fake news, speeches cut out of context, it can all paint a completely different picture than it is in reality.

Though my opinion might be influenced by the story I just read with a slime that can absorb even personalities and memories of the victims she consumes, but yeah, that would still be it.
Ideas/memes that can change not only communities worldwide but also be passed on to the future generation.

Usually, these ideas are good (or even considered the truth) in most cases but the flaw is obvious when someone analyzes and thinks properly, so the propagator would add another narration to conform to that idea. They would create more and more narration (which the truth cannot be confirmed if you think logically but since it comes from 'trusted' sources, most people will not even question such matters.)

Then these people with the idea spread it to their child, their families, friend, etc. For those who have different opinions about it? Heh, they will be labeled 'anomaly' in that case.

If you want an evil group/organization, at least you could create a scenario where this group of people subtly change the way the majority of people think that could last for centuries, nay millenium even. Such things will be considered creed for some community. If that happens, then the mastermind behind the subtle change does not need to do much other than silencing the people who realize what truly happened. This is what I consider psychological engineering. Believe me, this is what I consider 'Ultimate Weapon' because it change people and make them destroy each other in the name of this 'idea'.

You know what's worse with this 'subtle idea insertion'? As long as humanity exists, so is the method or even people to insert certain idea into someone's core.

Last edited:

bulmabriefs144

Typically, when I think of evil weapons, I think of things that corrupt the heart or mind.
Usually some sort of sword, that the more you use it, the more it messes with you.

Having watched asian dramas, the most evil weapon I have ever seen was not a physical weapon but a specific technique. I watched this show called Fighter of the Destiny, where there was a star technique, that was supposed to be all-powerful, and this mother used it to suppress the demons that were the antagonist of the early show. But it induced her to basically sacrifice her son to the star pattern. He survived, but a majority of the series was devoted to talking about how unless he got his curse lifted, he'd not live past 20 or so. She kept hindering her own son from being released from the curse, because it would break her technique.

Followed by the Sword of Burning Solitude (see my above example) from Swords of Legends.

Yugioh's Millenium Items were pretty terrible too. They were, with the exception of Yugi's Millenium Puzzle and a few others, all used for evil at one point or another, and they were all kinda created by an act of pure evil (as I remember, an entire town got destroyed somewhere in the backstory, and there was a great demon involved in their creation).

IamV

Excluding the Author's kit, which is possibly the most potentially evil one, what do you think is the most Evil weapon in Fiction?

I knew some might say, it's not about the weapon but the wielder.

I'm just talking in the context of its catastrophic consequence when an evil person had their hands on it, and that evil mastermind could utilize them to its fullest.
Keyblade from kingdom hearts